Baashi

Puntland Will Secede -- if Yussuf Led TFG loses

Originally posted by Naxar Nugaaleed:

"Basically, You should not be mad at A yusuf, for succeeding where all others have failed, Manipulation of your interest to coincide with those of your allies is only a tool of statecraft that only he (Yusuf) has managed to use."

Naxar, that is really beautiful statement that captures the overall picture.

Oodwayne The claim that Somaliland (Burco-Berbera-Hargeisa triangle) returning to a former status as a state seperate from Somalia is false n outrageous. British Somaliland was a protectorate and its colonial experience is nothing but an informal treaties England signed with local tribes.

Nephissa   

^ Abboowe, make it bigger, I can't see.

JB, war hooy joog, sidii adoo nabiga [scw] caaayay oo kale aa laguugu soo dagi doonaa sidii shinni. Aadale aadee.. :D . Jihaad in laguugu qaado aa rabtaa!

Warlord Yey has cornered himself. He basically has no credibility in any shape or form and has lost with all the major actors including the International Donor community to say the least. He put all of his eggs on the Ethiopian bandwagon.

It was just a matter of time for what is happening today to take place. But it is always good to see that another warlord is biting the dust.

We only hope he leaves the scene without making a bigger fool of himself.

NGONGE   

^^ Don't count your eggs just yet. He's a wily old fox and he's not going to give up until it is really all over. Bet you his opponents will make a mistake that will let him right back in.

As for Puntland seceding, was that not always the 'final solution' anyway? Puntland, from its inception, positioned itself in such a way as to benefit from Somali Unity or disunity. I always thought this business of the autonomous Puntland - State of Somalia - a great piece of political genius.

Abtigiis   

The difference between Somaliland and Puntland's secession motives is that for the former it was more of a necessity than choice at the time of the unilateral declaration of independence. It was also largely based on understandable level of bitterness after the havoc wrecked on the Northerners by the tribalist former regime, in collaboration with virtually all Somali clans in the republic, and even refugees from my home areas armed to cleanse the indigeious natives of the land.

For the latter, the motives were always based on interst, avarice, and most importantly ana-waa-ikan Jealousy. In fact,by the logic of the culture of assigning responsibility to the head of whichever government of the day to the misdeeds of the entire gov't (which makes Siyaad barre liable), Abdullahu Yusuf's killings in Mogadishu(far worse than Siyaad's in Hargeisa) can be viewed as a genocide by Puntland on the people of Banaadir.

I rest my case.

Gabbal   

Originally posted by Abtigiis &Tolka:

Abdullahu Yusuf's killings in Mogadishu(far worse than Siyaad's in Hargeisa) can be viewed as a genocide by Puntland on the people of Banaadir.

I rest my case. [/QB]

And Gheedi? Arguably Ethiopia's most loyal pawn in civil war Somalia?

Or Jeele? Maxamed Dheere and his rounded-up tribal militias? Qaybdiid and his "police forces"?

Do they (and their clans as you imply) share the blame or is this just D on H violence? smile.gif

Abtigiis   

By the law of assigning responsibility to the HEAD of the government, this time Abdullahu Yusuf, it could be seen as a ***** on ***** violence! Abdi Qaybdiid, Mahamed Dheere, Ali Gheedi and all are stooges but worked under Yey. (only that with the majority of Gedo and Jubboyinka people firmly opposed to the TFG, it will be Puntland on ***** this time). This is the perception. And Perceptions matter in somali politics.

Remember Cali samatar, Ina dafle, Adan Gabyow and other Generals from Banaadir were more responsible than Siyad in the massacres of Hargiesa, Berbera and elsewhere. And yet, it is the big man who gets the blame. So, why the exception this time around?

I believe Yey's bidding is not a tribal one; as much as he is a tribalist, he is also a selfish dictator. I beleive it is for his skin that he lit war in Puntland, and now in Mogdishu. I believe the vast majority of the people of puntland are not in this fight, but it is true the bulk of the false somali army doing Ethiopia's billing in the South are Puntland militias. Let's face it.

Overall, I believe if Somalia breaks up into small fiefdoms, the blame will squarely fall on the shoulders of the D's more than anyone else.

Forget about 'anagu Hargeisa markii la gubayey kumaanaan jirin, or anaguna imika kuwa xamar gubaya kuma jirno' claims of sub-clans of this clan, but those who made people weep in the North were the D's, those who are making people weep in the south are *****'s now. Waxaan hoos yaacaya ee Ethiopian'ku ku kabayaan ha ii tirinina.

So, dadka sidan haloo dhaamo. Qaranimo Somaliyeed baan rabnaana waa la leeyahay, wixii qaran ku dumi lahaa oo ah 'wax walba anagaa leh, anagu aanu u sareeyno, kuwaasi waa secessionst'e waa in la cabudhiyo, kuwanina waa anarchists'e waa in la gubo' waa la wadaa.

Wa bilaahi tawfiik!!

[ November 21, 2008, 12:32 AM: Message edited by: Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar ]

Ibtisam   

Originally posted by Abtigiis &Tolka:

The difference between Somaliland and Puntland's secession motives is that for the former it was more of a necessity than choice at the time of the unilateral declaration of independence. It was also largely based on understandable level of bitterness after the havoc wrecked on the Northerners by the tribalist former regime, in collaboration with virtually all Somali clans in the republic, and even refugees from my home areas armed to cleanse the indigeious natives of the land.

For the latter, the motives were always based on interst, avarice, and most importantly ana-waa-ikan Jealousy. In fact,by the logic of the culture of assigning responsibility to the head of whichever government of the day to the misdeeds of the entire gov't (which makes Siyaad barre liable), Abdullahu Yusuf's killings in Mogadishu(far worse than Siyaad's in Hargeisa) can be viewed as a genocide by Puntland on the people of Banaadir.

I rest my case.

A&T almost sounds pro SOmaliland here icon_razz.gif:D

LOOL @ Nephy and JB.

Puntiland sucks, and Somali "leaders" consist of opportunistic, power hungry, shameless crooks. I don't see how anyone can defend any Somali leader. :rolleyes:

Abtigiis   

Originally posted by Oodweyne:

Hello Folks

Firstly
To
:-
Mr. AT

But, then, I thought, before I should ask that question, whether indeed you may have get on the wrong side of the bed this morning; which by that act alone, could account for, to your political disorientation, since your new take of the dilemma of Somalia is not, what is likely are freely dispense the local
“Tolka”
tee-joints (
with their colloquial slang of
: Aga wajigaa gubay..
:D
); Regards,

Oodweyne.

Dear oodka,

My political beliefs and convictions are all well too known to the Tolka and all others who met me. Of course, I do not wish to advertise them without being asked. But, I have always oppossed, even as a child, to the killings in the North, and the hypocrisy of Yeyisters. :D:D

Malika   

^I see political tribalism at its best potrayed maantaa yaa A&T. Its a bad vice I tell you my brother,indeed it is. icon_razz.gif