Baashi

Puntland Will Secede -- if Yussuf Led TFG loses

Abtigiis   

There is no political vice here, her Majesty Malika. It is a truth that needs to be told. The clan I belong to in the 4.5 formation is the cancer of Somalia's unity.

I know the resentment againt it in the North and in the South. I cannot pretend it is all because others are bad. That same tribe has dominated Somalia's economy and politics for too long, and some of the resentment is justified.

I am saying so not in malice, but in all honesty, to bring a better somali nation togather. Finger-wagging at Somaliland, or messing the South will not bring the unity we all need.

Thousands of the same clan were brtually murdered in Mogdishu in retribution killngs and I am not downplaying that too.

Let us admit mistakes were made on all sides and move ahead. Hopefully, others will follow suit.

A&T...What clan do you to belong anyway :D

Blaming group of Somalis won't be solution. If there needs to be peace and justice, everybody needs to own up to their mistakes.

Malika   

A&T

Your comments my dear brother, undermine any sense of equitable justice, blaming a whole people for atrocities done by a dictator or a few people is rather irresponsible of you. What sense of equitable justice do you see by saying what you have said, but only is to keep the wheels of vengeance turning and reduce human polity to a series of never-ending vendettas, even if it’s of the mind sets?

I dont agree on blame x for y is the solution either.

come again!

Abtigiis   

Malika,

It is good to be an idealist and a puritan one for that, but it hardly solves problems on the ground. I too would like to believe so, and certainly I am talking about perceptions. But, in all fairness, that what Siyaad did in the North and what yey is doing in the South is not confined to the coffins of 'the dictator' is evident from the cheery support the same evil men are getting from the not-so-representative but otherwise indicative sample of Solers we have here.

It is not by concidence or fluke that Duke, Emperor, Hoosqarneyn and the like are ardent supporters of Somalia's occupation. It is not by quirk of fate that Gedo boys here will refuse to hear bad words about Jalle Siyaad, and would still post in SOL to honour '21 ka October' coronation.

It is not by fluke you refuse to accept SOl and Sanaag boys were the main tortuers in the defunct regime.

I am not calling for a new round of vendatta, and trading balme and hatred. I am calling for us to know our undoings and to try to outgrow our denial mentality as Somali's. It is a message to all, not necessarily to specific clans.

Covering up dirt in your backyard won't stop the bad smell in your house.

I strongly believe the clan that has dominated Somali politics from independence days to date, strengthened by massive influx of Somaligalbeed refugees from my home areas have worked to undermine all what Somalinimo stands for in their pursuit of power and priviledges.

It is disingineous to say it was only Siyaad or a dictator. I meet all my uncles who were Generals and Colonels in foriegn land (legally speaking) and not one is repentent of what they did to fellow Somali's in the North or South. Given the chance, they will do it again.

So, what proof - beyond political correctedness and the need to look balanced and civil in thinking for the consumption of the naive spectators, do you have good Malika, that we haven't been supporting our own dictators in deed, and thoughts??

^You can't be serious A&T. You can assign the "guilty" party for what transpired pre-civil war, but to pile all Somalia's problems on thier shoulders is just silly.

The last eighteen years everybody was equal abuser. Nobody made USC squander the great oppurtunity that had in 1991. Barre regime was soundly defeated and people ethnically cleansed, but the Somali State was still intact. Nobody made the SNM turned the guns on each other,or the Aidid starve three hundred thousand Somalis , the single largest genocide in Somalia and also subjugate the unarmed Somalis in the south.

And for the sake of argument, what do you want to do now, fold arms and take backseat on all issues,I don't really understand what you are going for here?

Abtigiis   

Yes, the USC was equally responsible. But, I don't know why you added SNM to the list. The clan fights that followed after the secession declaration surely wasn't different than similar ones occuring daily between other neighbouring clans elsewhere.

This is not to exonerate anyone from blame, but surely at the macro level, those who led Somalia to abyss are those who started cronyism, looting and subjugation from the get-go. We can say they were individuals, and that they belonged to all sides, but I think they were predominantly from one clan.

That is for sure.

Originally posted by Che -Guevara:

Nobody made the SNM turned the guns on each other,

Of course go ahead and add the SNM to the mix. They had nothing to do with this. They walked from the mess after they took back what belonged to them.

Originally posted by Abtigiis &Tolka:

This is not to exonerate anyone from blame, but surely at the macro level, those who led Somalia to abyss are those who started cronyism, looting and subjugation from the get-go. We can say they were individuals, and that they belonged to all sides, but I think they were predominantly from one clan.

That is for sure.

I cosign...They know exactly who they are. They're now the loudest folks that scream we want "Somaliwayne".

Abtigiis   

Che,

What they should do is stop the nonesense of dreaming about Somalia under their sole grip. I am talking to the elites of this clan, who do not hide their contempt to their Southern brothers, and their hate for their northern ones.

Originally posted by Abtigiis &Tolka:

Stop the nonesense of dreaming about Somalia under their sole grip. I am talking to the elites of this clan, who do not hide their contempt to their Southern brothers, and their hate for their northern ones.

I'm basically implying the same.

A&T...That's not solution. It is very vague at best. Hate and contempt is everywhere now, and not confined to a group. Tell me something tangible that produce a viable state with justice and equity rather insisting on the ****** group accomadate everybody.

[ November 21, 2008, 12:19 AM: Message edited by: Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar ]