Sign in to follow this  
Jacaylbaro

Interview with Republic of Somaliland foreign minister

Poker   

I met Sanyare once. Don't much about him or the planning department.

JB.

You said Jiciir has done a lot. Can you please mention one significant thing he has done so far? I just wanna know. Please don't say he built streets. You know that is the effort by local citizens which has nothing to do with his office. The city was way better looking when Cawil was in charged.

BTW, I heard Cawil had a stroke.

Originally posted by Poker:

Suldaan,

Jiciir hasn't done anything productive. He is more corrupt than any one else in Somaliland. That is all I can say about that man. I wish he just vanished.
:D

I don't think it's fair to compare the job description of the internal affairs to those of Aviation or any other government sector in Somaliland. There is way more to be dealt with. I would give Ciro a C+. That is very high grade considering the current internal circumstances of Somaliand. However, I think Ismail Yare would have been a better fit.

The man I really love to see back is Abdilahi Dirawell. His attitude and personality alone will win you over. He's also very capable politician regardless. I hope he gets the chance to run for the highest office some day.

I heard Cawil is NOT doing well, health wise.

Of course you can't compare portfolios but I am merely comparing the current minister to the previous minister's performances. Wasaarada Arimaha gudaha waa wasaarad muhiim ah, the police, the custodian guards, the secret services and a host of important institutions fall under. It requires a tough, proactive and dedicated man. I think Cirro is too weak and too removed from the public to become an effective internal affairs minister. Ismaciil Yare had those qualities.

The Hargeisa rioting and the armed clashes in Berbera were some of the easily preventable dark spots which mark Cirro's lack of proactive leadership. Also the arrest and imprisonment of the Qaran Party leaders without any explaination as to a reason to imprison them. We also have the recent terror attacks. These all go back to the leadership at the helm of the ministry.

One big plus for Cirro, though, is his job well done in Laascaanood in which he went there quickly and setup the rank and file of the police force.

Mujahid Abdilahi Iman Darawal, better known as Mr. MRRR - Ministry of Rehabilitation Resettlement and Refugees -, was a people's man. Waa nin dadkiisa iyo dalkiisa u daacad ah. He was a high ranking SNM member as well. One thing I don't like about him is that he is too quite as well. Isagoo hadlaya maba arkaysid.

One thing I like about Minister of National Planning Mr. Sanyare is that, he communicates with the people very frequently and updates about things even if they are not a good news. For instance, recently, he pre-emptively called all the journalists and informed them about the UN's recent decision to change its security status from Grade 3 to Grade 4. He even joked about his fear that the press would get the details from somewhere else and accuse the government about something they have no power on. But I like the idea of his, and I think if every ministry pre-empted and tells to the people what the public should know before the public finds out from somewhere else - that is a good development. For instance, the Hargeisa rioting about the water-rig which was moved from South Hargeisa to somewhere and prompted the un-necessary rioting should have been easily prevented if the relevant department published the reasons as to why it was moving it to somewhere else before it even completed the job it was doing in South Hargeisa.

Anyways, I think the press and the people are becoming smarter in regards to how the government runs the country and the government is slowly responding positively. A good sign of progress insha allah.

Poker   

Suldan,

Nice to know that Sanyare is a man with principles. I haven't had the pleasure to sit with him yet.

I know Dirawel is too quite. I spent sufficient time with the man in his house and I noticed that about him. He spent more time on the internet than engaging conversation with the crowd. He listens very carefully before answering. He's very intelligent and very polite. Somaliland needs more men like him.

Poker   

Originally posted by Warancade:

Dirawal is from Baligubadle right? Yes sir.

I think he is from Hargeisa. I could be wrong.

Baligubadle is part of Hargeisa as of the old region division.

Yes, Dirawal is a quite guy and he has lots of support. He lately announced he is a presidency candidate within UDUB ..... I met him several time and he is very understanding but not sure about his performance when it comes to the ministerial duties.

AYOUB   

Suldaanka

I agree with you on Cirro, he's crap. Ducaale does cause drama with his "secular" talk. The man ( and this administration in general ) has failed to feel the pulse of the public on this issue. What will it take for them to listen? Somaliland is in desperate need of a powerful minister of religion.

As for Warancadde, don't let the man's cool image fool you. Somaliland's aviation should be more than about Igal International Airport. He's done some good work there, but what about everywhere else? If he's to be judged on his portfolio and nothing else, he haven't delivered that much has he?

PS What's your opinions on Xassan Gadhweyne?

^^How did I forget that drama by Ina Dhoolayare?

What am I wondering is, if asked, halkee ka keenay "secular democracy" in Somaliland? What would he reply? from his own jeeb ahahaha

We know our constitution explicitly says that Islam is the religion of the country and The Shariica is the basis for the law of the country. In otherwords, if it doesn't meet and conform to the Shariica, then that thing is prohibited from the land. So in actual fact, the "Secular democracy" is in preach of the constitution itself.

Saaxafada waxay ninka u da-bogali waayeen ayaa ka yaabay. It is one of the shortcoming of our free press.

As for Warrancade, with enough funds, I know the man can achieve many things. Ninkaa lacagta shilinka soo gala wax ayuu ku qabta ma cuno. The problem is, the need is great and the available funds is too limited and small that it can not even cover a fraction of the needs of Egal Airport let alone have the luxury to do other things. I think, one worries about the look of frontyard more than the look at his backyard, and the same goes for Egal Airport which is the face of Somaliland to the world.

My opinion of Xassan Gadhweyne, Minister for Education, is that, he is doing good - part b/c his ministry is one of the only ministry that recieve support from the UN. I was reading the Minister's report for 2008, he said that 69 new Primary/Intermediate schools were built last year mostly in the rural country sides. All these schools are participating UNICEF's "Food" for "Education" scheme, which means pupils who normally would migrate with their herds will rather stay in boarding schools where they will recieve food and education free of charge. This scheme has enabled a lot of families to keep their kids at schools. I think it is a great idea.

But one thing I find depressing is the qualify of education is dropping in all levels. Qualified teachers are seeking employment in the more profitable private sector leaving the public schools something equalvilent to a "brain-drain". I think the ministry needs to address that problem by seeking help from UNICEF and other donors on how to keep qualified teachers in public sector.

What am I wondering is, if asked, halkee ka keenay "secular democracy" in Somaliland? What would he reply? from his own jeeb ahahaha

We know our constitution explicitly says that Islam is the religion of the country and The Shariica is the basis for the law of the country. In otherwords, if it doesn't meet and conform to the Shariica, then that thing is prohibited from the land. So in actual fact, the "Secular democracy" is in preach of the constitution itself.

Are you saying Somaliland is an Islamic State ???

Originally posted by Suldaanka:

^^Define what an Islamic state is?

it is the state where the Shariah is used as the main ruler and at the courts. It is where the government is responsible to protect the religion and crash anything that is against it.

it is where all the shariah law are implemented .....

Originally posted by J.a.c.a.y.l.b.a.r.o:

quote:Originally posted by Suldaanka:

^^Define what an Islamic state is?

it is the state where the Shariah is used as the main ruler and at the courts. It is where the government is responsible to protect the religion and crash anything that is against it.

it is where all the shariah law are implemented .....
Somaliland is not a place where only Mullahs and their side-kicks call the shots. The people are muslims and their rule of law is based on Shariica.

Our Democracy is not like The West. The Shariica forms as the boundary and a guiding principle to our Democracy.