Sign in to follow this  
LANDER

MAY 18th

N.O.R.F   

When you go to these events/parties, the emphasis isnt on the struggle against a cruel regime and how S/land came through but more on music/dance/awards etc. The kids feel that 18th May 'is' a celebration rather than it being in rememberance of lost ones. Maybe you can understand why, because there would be a lower turn out hence lower amounts available for charity.

Blessed   

A very warm greeting to all my SLers where ever you are!

Have fun, pay no heed to those who insist on being negative icon_razz.gif and rememeber to Donate!

STOIC   

The S/L night is more of a party than a charity fundraising to me!. The organizers of this events-with all due respect to them-need to organize an event with an objective and an appealing idea.All the events i have been to were more of a flop.The organizer were not clear as to what the event was all about.When you are doing an event like this, you should understand the undertone objective of the event.Is the event used to create an awareness or is it to create publicity?.Time is often the most helpfull instrument in such event.The S/L event mostly starts at midnight-hello, will this be helpful to the kids that are seeing their moms and dads shaking their "booty" for a charity cause that is supposed to be a serious event?, i will leave that to you to answer!.Somaliland aspiration to independant statehood is the main goal to many Somalilanders across the diaspora but will this be retained by their kids two geeneration down the hill?.The kids will more likely take it as another "party weekend", as i used to before!.

AYOUB   

Originally posted by Baashi:

Will do just that and let it slide I will
:D
, Bunch of weenies
:D

Weenis? Maybe so. Could it be that you're a classic case of Yawle's diagnosis:

Hadba dawdar falan baa u kaca nimanka ....

Dadkoo nabad isaga jooga bay dacar ku oogaane

:D:D:D

LANDER   

Originally posted by Kruella:

All I’m saying is that the show is being run by elders who lack a sense of organization. I would much prefer to see youth initiatives and involvement, but the outlet is not available. Cousin, en ce qui concerne la nationalité Djiboutienne, c’était sûrement une initiative pour te rendre agité. Je suis tout à fait d’accord de ne pas renoncer à notre héritage ou à notre appartenance. A vrai dire ça me fait plaisir de voir une fierté flagrante de ta part.

By the way, I’m not an undercover SLander, I have and always been proud of who I am, I just choose not to wave flags or tangle in politics to display my allegiance

Salamz

Your absolutely right about the youth initiative, I think its only a matter of time before the younger generation (myself inlcuded) get off our lazy A** and get in gear.

Ton sarcasm était palpable Kruella, yet I still felt compeled to throw the book at ya :D . Based on your last sentence,I would assume it hit a chord with ya but lets make a deal. Tu m'apprend l'hymne national Djiboutien et je considerais lever le drapeau Djib ;) .

How would this somaliflag.gif fare in this flag-waving gala? Wouldn’t Cawaale cast its federalist shadow on this secessionist festival and dim that flickering light? :cool:

P.S: For the over-joyous:

somaliland.gifsmile.gif

Rahima   

Baashi :eek: :D

Dont let the boys in the politics section see this ;) -i mean i can only but imagine what they must be thinking, the guy sold out for a few bucks.

Senora   

Right you are STOIC, by the way, have you heard of any events here??

As For some of the discussions......

It is disheartening to see the present-day Somaliland events held.....Our adolescences dont trully understand the significance of the Somaliland Republic, and our elders arent doing a good job in deciphering this dilemma.

Nevertheless, I carry this pride for Somaliland that cant be crushed. I appreciate the SNM's sacrifice and courage, and my heart goes out to the millions lives lost ( may Allah bless their souls). And finally for the government, in bravely deciding to declare its independence, I have the upmost respect for the region internationally known as one of the few regions in Somalia with at least a semblance of stability.

As they say....."Do the damn thang!"

Saalixa   

although i won't make it......i hope the best for all my fellow LANDERS where ever you are.

Lander and northerner thank you both for you relentless efforts to unite and gather the community for memorial celebrations like these. Iam having trouble getting the flag las time dusty helped me but to no avail she is not here nowadays...could u help me Lander coz i like your one the best very colourfull smile.gif

ilaahay ha garab galo dadka miskiinta ee somaliland, tacab kugo ilaahay ha tawafujuyo. AMEEN.

Current Somaliland Flag from 1997 to present-day

ADNAAN   

Originally posted by Pink_Phoenix:

I thought this place was meant to be tribe free? :confused:

That will depend on your own interpretation of tribe, as far as I know there wasn't any mentioning of tribal names although it could be that you have misread s/thing.

Anywaz welcome to Sol (me is new too)

Kruella   

Consider it a done deal!

I must admit I don't know any national anthem, since I'm not politically inclined. Tu dois t'empresser de l'apprendre et je ferai la meme chose avec celle de Sland. Si tu participes aux festives de Sland ce Samedi 14 mai a Toronto laisse nous savoir comment cela c'est deroule.

Salamz