Sign in to follow this  
Gediid

Elections in Somaliland

Gediid   

Just wanna know why something of this magnitude isn't even being brought up by a single member?

Or is it wrong to assume people measure Somali current affairs in terms of the blood that is shed.

I personally feel this is a monumental achievement for not only the people of Somaliland but for all Somalis.It should be seen as an alternative to the anarchy that haunts Somalis and should be seen as a stepping stone which all Somalis should emulate.

Gediid, who could have an election? i wholeheartedly support any municipal elections in any part of somalia, but when the inhabitants of waqooyi galbeed , and togdheer(except buuhoodle) claim that the former british somaliland is theirs, i think its farsical dillussion.

i mean even as aim writting right now, the majority of the inhabitants of sool, sanaag, and hawd are not buying this so called elections, and puntland government issued a statement that said there will be no elections in majority of sool , sanaag and hawd.

we reject the illegal claim of one tribe over the former british protectrate, and its as simple as that.

so what you call an election is what i call a power struggle between the major clans of togdheer and waqooyi galbeed.

anyways this topic should be deleted from the SOMALIAONLINE, because its very devisive and would create more anymosity than good

Gediid   

Xassan Nasra

SomaliaOnline represents Somalis who so ever they are and where ever they are from.I hope sincerely that the team at SomaliaOnline will uphold that.

This website is dedicated to nomads wherever they are and who so ever they might be.

Now getting back to your argument that elections will not be held in Sool, Sanaag and Hawd well what can I say.I will not deny that.Sanaag constitutes 6 districts there will be elections in 4.Sool constitutes 2 districts and the district of Ainabo will have elections.There is no such place as Hawd,never has been never will be.The people of those areas are free to make their choice and join who so ever they wish to form a union with,no body can deny them that.Period

But that is not the issue at hand here.I just mentioned the elections in good jest.I wanted to highlight how this nation has emerged from anarchy only 12 years ago to hold democratic elections where people without fear or hate will select a candidate of their choice and how without help from the outside world today enjoys peace and stability that eludes many a nation and how this can easily be simulated in other parts of Somalia.

My dear Xassan what I am saying is do not seek solace in the arms of a stranger when you can easily get that from within.

Ethiopians or Kenyans have no mercy for you but people from Somaliland do,they are your people and not your enemies.

Observer   

I believe no topic should be deleted, as long as we argue with each other respectfully. Our differnce should not be seen as weakness rather diverse point of view.

Gediid said,

Ethiopians or Kenyans have no mercy for you but people from Somaliland do,they are your people and not your enemies.

TRUE, the people of somaliland is not enamy. Whereas the "self-declared" government is indeed has no marcy. The regime has handed over a good number of ALLAH fearing, innocent somali men, from somaali galbeed, who came for "magan galyo" to the burtal dectatership regime of Xabasha. To be killed and excuted marely because they are "wadaado". It is sad and regrateful. When the north somali longing for self determination from its own somali people, on the other hand, supporting ethiopians and oppossing those who fight for their freedom. Isnt that inconsistancy? :confused:

Baashi   

All things considered, it is indeed monumental achievement. For crying out loud, there are some of us who managed to settle their difference through the ballot, remarkable!...other Somalis should follow suit. True...I don't see the logic behind the seccesion...maybe someday, someone will manage to explain it to me...but as of now, let's congratulate them and wish them peacefull election. There will be no elections in Buuhoodle, Sool, Sanaag(PL part)...it doesn't concern them...and Hargeisa accepted that fact.

Why delete it as long as we can differ respectfully?...after all this is 'current event' catogery and should be discussed respectfully and with civilty.

N.O.R.F   

i think the elections are on April 14th, good luck to somaliland in trying to achieve a peacefull and harmonious society where ppl have recognised that fighting is not the way anymore. Differences have been settled (IA) and the way forward is cristal clear for all to see. All those in denial just observe and dont hate!

I will be keeping an eye on the outcome!!!

Gediid   

Very well Baashi.Couldn't agree with you.As far as the secession is concerned that is a loooong story and would take a million threads to explain why people there want to secede but I think you would agree when I say that with the situation as it is right now there is absolutely no point in advocating a union between North and South.

Baashi   

Gediid,

As things stand, it is difficult to have discussion, let along unite, with 12 warlords whose agenda is as divergent as rainbow colors...I concede that. But that's the beside the point...once we go down that road, secession business, each and every region of Somalia can very well justify why they wanna secede and remember the fact that Somaliland is divisible too. It is my sincere opinion that seceding is not the answer.

SamiGyrl   

Hey Gediid and Northerner if you guys are interested I am working on a site for Somalilanders both young and old to come together so that we could educate each other, and learn together about such issues as economics, which economic ideasor growth theories, paradigms etc.., literature current and classical, politics past and current, history of Somaliland and other nations.

I am still working on putting all the literature on the site mainly right now i have onlyt he classics on there in full text, am working on current significant works that we should all read and analyse.

The economic section isnt finished yet but will be.

If you guys are interested at all keep your eye out on SomalilandNet.com which is where I will inform which the project is finished.

If you recall at first I was making it a youth site, but after much consideration, I realized that the energy of the youth is nothing without the know how and experience of those older than us.

I have a few of my professors who are going to contribute articles they wrote and their general ideas so that we can exchange and be better educated about such issues.

I will dedicate a special section on the elections in Somaliland what works what doesnt work, and how to better the situation for the future.

Also am sure you guys know am working on an ebook about the Sheikh so if you have any information books or otherwise that you have please email them to me.

I was told that the Musuem in Basra has a copy or an exhibit about the Sheikh, is this true I heard it from a Iraqi arab?

Anyways please send any information or books you think should be included in the site or the ebook.

-Well i have exams to study for.

Take care.

-Citizen Sami Erigavo Sheikhaaaaa smile.gif

SamiGyrl   

P.S. Xuseen

I am a Erigavo native and believe me the majority is for Somaliland, if you consider a few tolos here and there consisting of 40 to 50 people a majority thats on you.

Sool is another issue they cant seem to make up their minds one minute they want Somaliland the next they are not sure and they will be made to decide whether to stay with us or leave, its not about clans its about the future.

The elections will take place and work, if Sool wants to leave they will be given the choice.

-Citizen Sami

Gediid   

Baashi

Somaliland is the only that went along that road of seccession but ask yourself how much of Somali unity do you currently have?

The answer is NADA,every region is independent already, every tuulo has a different ruler markaas where is the Somalia that you talk about.I don't see anyone coming forward to reclaim past glory.Oh yeah every Southern warlord mentions Somaliland like its a little blasphemous kid but on the other they slaughter their own by the thousands.Dont you think something needs to be done there?

Clearly people in the South have to set their priorities before they embark on more ambitious plans like dividing up Somaliland.

N.O.R.F   

Samigirl, good luck in yr reaserch and i shall forward any info available to me, but be patient, exams are coming up!!!!

Go KULMIYE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oblivion   

The british laid many traps or "time bombs" (whatever you wanna call it) for somali unity..this is one of those exercises to keep nomads just nomads, nothing more! When will somalis see the bigger picture?

SamiGyrl   

Hey bros,

Northerner I personally am for Ucid, but lets not get into that argument again lol. smile.gif

Kulmiye seems like the only other party that actually has great plans for the country.

But since I only have one vote its for Ucid, but I wish Kulmiye all the luck. Good knows if they are elected they will be a hell of alot more active than Udub hell anyone is more active than them.

Hey Northerner I just found out that the books about the Sheikh are all in Arabic and I have to get some of them from overseas, my father asked around the mosque and surprisingly enough alot of Arabs from that region knew or have heard of him.

Maybe I can take a trip back home and visit the grave site and question the guardings of the tomb, I heard the original man or original family intrusted for the care of the grave have assigned someone new. I wonder if they have read his books, manuscripts etc...?

Anyways send me money to go there lmaooooooooooo smile.gif joke. No really lol

Man this is harder than I thought, I need to be running around all over freaking arabia and Somaliland to finish this project. But atleast it will be worth it in the end.

-Citizen Sami

Gediid   

SamiGyrl

Its Kulmiye all the way.I know for sure Silaanyo's background in economics will help put a stop to the inflation that UBUD brought about.I like UCID but the only problem is that its leader has not had any leadership exposure.UBUB on the other hand has been around too long and they are just outright corrupt.

GO KULMIYE.