Sign in to follow this  
Land_Soldier

Another Ayaan Hirsi Ali?

Originally posted by Jacaylbaro:

I believe she is right on those issues related to fraud .......

Am I another Ayaan Hirsi ?? ,,,,
:D

The issue is not about if she is right or not. The issue is that she needs to adress the Somali community on those issue. And many people do.

But she chooses to critize them in the media, which will give the right wing amunination against the migrant communities. Its not the US or Canada here.

Waxaanu ku jirnaa dagaal, and she chooses to be on the wrong side.

If you bend for the white men, for your own benefit. You would be like Ayaan.

Originally posted by Garaad Bari:

somali community in most of the western countries.

I believe that's only the case for Europe. Nothing good ever comes from that continent.

I remember once sweden inviting Prof Samatar to advise them to put somalis in Sweden in the work force,,,, guess what he adviced them,,, to suspend the welfare n every welfare lover thre was pissed off with the prof

Hales   

Single nothers nowadays within Somali familliacal circles is watched out and seen as a major grown problem not basically because of the divorce rate (which i belive is low anyways) or the more genuine khat problem which although has truth to it but simply because of the high death rate of Somali fathers.

Somali culture in general cherishes parent cooperation to children and it certainly does not have this twisted tendencies where common mothers wold resort to such actions simply for money.

Samafal   

The young lady has some valid points, but chose to address the problem in a wrong way. I suspect Norway's welfare sytem is similar to that of UK, and as far as it goes, the abuse in the sytem is not exclusive to the Somali community alone and many white natives as well as other ethnic groups are on it.

She should have discussed the problem in broad terms suggesting where the flaws of the welfare sytem are and bring forward a practical solution. But singling out the Somali community, she is playing into the hands of the white supremist and all kind of bad publicity that Somalis don't need and can't afford.

Also, I sense laziness in her, if she needs change, she should first started from her house and from the community centres and mosques instead of going public. I imagine organsing seminars at the weekeds, raising awareness at the somali media would have been more beneficial than going to Nowegian press. Using Somali Sheikhs who are by the way doing alot on this, is onother.

Wabillahi towfiq

Cawaale   

Kadra Yosuf (also known as Kadra Noor or Kadra Norwegian; born 1974)[1] is a Somali-Norwegian activist.

In 2000 she investigated female genital cutting in the Somali community in Norway. Going undercover, she exposed the support of imams in Norway for the practice. For her efforts she received the Fritt Ord Honorary Award, but has since been living in hiding.

In April, 2007 she called to reinterpret the Koran as far as it concerns Muslim women's rights. Several days later she was attacked by a group of Somali immigrants, both male and female, who shouted at her that she was trampling the Koran.[2]

Wikipedia

Abtigiis   

Originally posted by NGONGE:

1226915359951_536.jpg

Ilaahi ku abuuray eed malahee,

Indhihii ku arkaa, ayaan daran!

But she is right on both FGM and caydha issues.

Originally posted by Cawaale:

Kadra Yosuf (also known as Kadra Noor or Kadra Norwegian; born 1974)[1] is a Somali-Norwegian activist.

In 2000 she investigated female genital cutting in the Somali community in Norway. Going undercover, she exposed the support of imams in Norway for the practice. For her efforts she received the Fritt Ord Honorary Award, but has since been living in hiding.

In April, 2007 she called to reinterpret the Koran as far as it concerns Muslim women's rights. Several days later she was attacked by a group of Somali immigrants, both male and female, who shouted at her that she was trampling the Koran.[2]

I heard about this story. But didnt know its the same lady. She went undercover to Somali's, taped everything and translated it. And she later presented it to a media program. This program later potrayed Somali's and their religious leaders as supporting FGM. She went in to hiding cause she said Somali's were after her.

Told you so, another Ayaan. I know enaugh women who have working against FGM for years, who organise meetings, who raise awareness here in Holland. But never did they have to fear their own people. Because they choose to work with their communities and not against them or disgrace them at 'FOX' like news channels and programmes for own fame. Because this wont contribute anything to stopping FGM, it will only hurt the position of the Somali community. Same as Ayaan did.

1176386667891_524.jpg