Sign in to follow this  
Yusufaddie

Ethiopia as a friend

Salaam,

My knowledge of somalia has grown tremendously with the Hobyo Project, which is very advanced now as well, however i remember a time when i use to hate Ethiopia, even the very existence of it boiled in my heart, until the constitution for Hobyo was finished i realised that Ethiopia was not the enemy rather the friend. Let me explain.

Under islamic law it is haraam to adopt the ideology of nationalism since there are only two nations in the world Darul Harb and Darus salaam, and this is the belief of the muslims. so to fight ethiopia for a boundary that was put in place by the british is totally baseless and unconstitutional under islamic law. Allah says in Sura 5:49 do not let them entice you in some things for you will go astray. here our brothers are fighting over an ideology that is not islamic. fighting for years our brothers have now believe that this is the way to restore somali dignity. Subhanallah!!! Somalis are nothing without islam, hence Somalis should start to restore Islamic dignity, in so doing perhps Ethiopia would enter into the fold of Islam and become brothers after all instead of enemies.

Gabbal   

Yusuf what you have said brother, is very true and intelligent, but what does our religion call for an oppressed people? I realize that the Ogaden War was hardly a Jihaad, but doesn't Jihaad mean the liberation of an oppressed people? Does it not mean a struggle? A struggle to liberate? The Muslim Somalis (as well as other Muslims, such as the Oromos, Afars,ect) of the Ogaden are oppressed in every way possible and are denied basic human rights under the Christian/habesh government(s), this does not occur once. What would you do and the people you're from if your animals were killed in front of your eyes in an environment that badly calls for livestock to slaughter and eat for you to survive? What would you do and the people you're from if the very wells that are your only source of water are destroyed? What would you do and the people you're from if the only shelter you have is destroyed?

You would want to fight back,and the people you're from to fight with you, right? So Yusuf brother, this goes far more than a mere line drawn in the desert by some gaal. Oh brother, this is much more than nationalism and a useless boundary. This is a struggle for a liberation according to our religion.

Bachelor   

SXB HornAfrique! Afkaaga caano lagu qabay! What can i say..you just hit the nail on its head!!! Undeniably the vast majority of somali people in the occupied land are suffering on daily bases. And i strongly believe its perfectly a legitimate jihad.

Sooner rather than later we will regain that piece of land. INSHA ALLAH.

I hope ot to sound like i am an ethiopian and please bros and siss don't even go there because i'm not and that would be just a waste of talk.

what i can say though is that i am learning about somali history and what i found is that after the Gaal (which i understand to mean foreigner) drew the line hatred was stirred up between the 2 countries.

Now! Islam is al fitrah! our religion is very plain, clear and extremely simply. Islam's code is do or die, hence if we muslims do maa sha allah

if we do not as allah said he will replace us. Rasullah said "Oh Allah never let my ummah suffer from drought, the ngels and Allah replied Ameen" how then is Somalia suffering from drought? my point is is that we muslims stray off of the path of islam very easily and when Allah sends his calamities to us we even stray further and tend to believe that we can fix the calamities ourselves, it is human nature. look at Musa A.S when he had the toothache.

Brothers Ethiopia is nothing but a test and punishment from Allah upon the somali people. the remedy to the ethiosom issue is the somalis relying and turning back to Allah. this would mean ruling under isllamic shariah and being united under one amir. if you don't believe me then i asl you, do you see somalia as a united land in the future under one amir? very hardly huh, then i rest my case. also if somalis fought the ethiopians as Muslims instead of somalis, victory will come, same goes for iraq, same goes for palestine and same goes for the chechens and the kashmiris, this ummah is not divided but one body with one head.

Caveman   

Yusufaddie,

You said, “Ethiopia is nothing but a test and punishment from Allah upon the somali people.”…..I agree with that premise, and if you look around the world Or check out the recent UN reports there is about 24 major conflicts around the Globe. Virtually every single one of them involves in Country where the majority of inhabitants are Muslim population. So I agree that we are living in a testing time as Muslims on this earth regardless of our nationality.

The roots of Ethiopian aggression towards Somalia goes back centuries, It’s was the King Menelik’s reign of Ethiopia who made a deal with Europeans, during their meeting “scramble for Africa”. King Menelik sent a letter to the Colonizing Europeans by saying, and I am paraphrasing here “Ethiopian border ends at the sea of Indian Ocean”, therefore deifying the existence of Somali people and their land. Finally Ethiopia is about to realize the dream which they envisioned long ago by making Somalia as Mini-Ogaden regions as their own Protectorate’s which they can run as they wish.

What the Ethiopian Governments has been doing to Ogaden people is absolutely abhorring and despicable. I have seen reports where every few years they block roads in the Ogaden region, so that the local Ogaden inhabitants would starve and they would ask donations and money from the international Communities by making money out of the suffering people.

Ethiopia was never friend of mind, as I stay in the west I will continue to compete against them, and when I go back to Africa they should meet me at the barrel of a gun.

Well caveman what i can say is this. Islamic though in forms of government came to a stop very long ago. strides have been made to re-establish islamic rule. Rasulullah said that the knots of islam each will be loosen 1st the knot of rulership & last the knot of Prayer. Under the proposed Hobyo Project the foreign policy would definately win back the the lands of the ogaden as long as the people occupying those lands affirm themselves as muslims and try to understand that the only reason why the state would fight ethiopia is under those terms i.e the people are muslims and they wish to be under the reign of Darus Salaam. The state would not fight over territorial claim and that is the ethisom dilema. Somali's fight over a boundry forget that the land is not the sovereignty but the people.

I still believe that the ogaden even Ethiopia as a whole can be a wilayyah under the banner of Darus Salaam (Please search for my post Hobyo and i guess you would understand more what i am talking about.) Also do you know that ethiopia is perhaps even more unstable than somalia? i don't want to go into detail because of security reason but i see somalia one day sheltering refugees from ethiopia.