Sign in to follow this  
Libaax-Sankataabte

Shariif to name PM soon (A)

Originally posted by Emperor:

^Adeer keep talking, you are un-important, your Son Maslax was used to legitimise Shariif Ahmed's presidency...

Lool @ we'll see, is that a threat?

Adeer, Shariifka is our pres. and we rally behind him, but I see he is already a victim. Talk about blackmailing & bullying!!

Threat? me? not at all. Adeer you know we are peaceloving ummah! smile.gif but we'll see directions he chooses that is what I was merely refering to!!

Horn,

It seems I am trying to reason with an unreasonable man but try I shall. Garbahaarray or Gedo for that matter have no political clout in the clannish sense just like the regions of Jubbooyinka and Shabbeelle have none. The reason is very simple. Those regions fall under an Islamic administration that is agnostic to tribal affiliations you apparently would like good Sharif to consider. If he wants to appease the admins in those regions, as he must, he will have to talk to alshabaab and other Islamic groups that control it as he already begun to do. If you saw few officers of your kinsmen in the alshabaab entity don’t mistaken them to represent your clan. Case in point: the governor of Kismayo is from SL. The governor of Merca is from PL. and the governor of Baydhabo is from Central region. I don’t think you are ready to argue that they represent their respective regions in the traditional sense.

I am not sure if Sharif is ultimately going to base his decision on qualifications or politics. But I have hunch that politics will play a significant role. And it’s this practical politicking that we are speaking to. In that verse, and as you already admitted to some degree Puntland has undeniable influence on how Sharif’s PM gets selected. It’s there for all to see. Some don’t like it and resent it. Some celebrate it openly.

I assert you and good Cosoble are in the first group. Tough luck, I say. My candidate was Sharif. I want him to succeed, and for that reason I want him to consider the politics of this task. Choose some one who satisfies this silly 4.5 thing, and can dampen the velocity of PL’s opposition. As for the Islamist side, Sharif does represent them politically. Militarily, current ongoing negotiations between him and armed side should accommodate any security discrepancies. After two years, Somalia shall have a fairer system of politics. We all hope.

Adigu tuhun ku noolow weligaa, oo sidii naag masayrsan hadba qof ku bood ya Horn.

And that's the last word.

Gabbal   

Xiin-

I have already written about the practicality vs. understandability of naming a PL prime minister. I am glad you agree with my points that a PL representative provides zero influence to the real equation that leads to Somalia's solution as it stands now. Perhaps later when the south is a contigious strong entity can PL come into play along with Somaliland, but as of now it has zero real value. Take that as "habar masayrsan" or take that as reality in the ground, it is your prerogative. smile.gif

On the practicality of naming a Gedo or Afmadoow representative, this is where you are wrong. It is true those lands are held by Islamist, and an avowed opposition of Sheikh Sharif. What you fail to understand, however, is Gedo is not held by Shiekh Gadaashay with the strength of military might but the acquiescence of the civilian population. That is to say the civilian population has grown tremendously disenchanted with anarchy, gun-wielding youth, and the insecurity typified by the existence of the civil war. It is relief for security that has made them acquisce to Shiekh Gadaashay and Shiekh Jibriil not surrender by military means or clan willpower. As a relative of mine says from Beled-Xaawo "nin waliba qorigiisaa u duugan". Naught single battle took place that opposed Shiekh Gadaashay when he consolidated control over the region in his campaign. If Shiekh Sharif can convince the civilian population of Gedo or Afmadoow that he means for an honest and responsible government, that is free from warlordism and political thievery, in short a government that actually has the potential to succeed and fill the void that has gripped the south in its entirety, the Shiekh will have received those regions in his hands on a silver platter. The opposition to him by more hardline individuals in these administrations on the national level would be greatly devalued by the erosion of civilian support on the local level.

This is practicality awoowe, not appeasing entities who cannot provide a single influence in the real dilemma. It is self-defeating if this transpires but we will see.

Originally posted by HornAfrique:

Che, greedy and opportunistic politicians don't speak for the majority of Reer Puntland.

I don't know about that, silence sometimes could be equated with endorsement ;)

Horn,

I am a southern myself, and I know the south that matters awoowe :D .

Interesting though that you talk about practicality and not mention the center of gravity in the south outside of Mogadishu, the city of Kismayo. The strategically located city of Merca a stone throw from Xamar. And the city of Baydhabo, a capital whose cultural and political influence many towns lie. All those major cities are in the control of Alshabaab and some allied Islamist forces with similar objectives. The clan you are talking about does not factor in this equation adeer. Sharif cant and will not undermine those admins, Horn. If he does it will be to his peril. He will have to work with them, not subvert them within as you are suggesting considering some noisy activist group vying for a mere political position. That does not mean someone with the right qualitifications who is from teh south can not be named as a pm. It could happen but not for the reasons you have listed.

I am not sure what you are talking about when you say PL is not represented in the south. I mean apparently PL is a political arrangement that’s far removed from the south. No one said PL has a control in the south Somalia. If you are talking about clan representation, I think as always you are mistaken.

Brother horn needs to calm down he and all the other sentimental anti-Puntland folks.

I say for sure speaking of influence and who can best help bring forward the new government and make it somehow seem accepted by the major powers internationally, the first minister must come from Puntland and not due that Puntlanders need that post or are greedy and too eager for it but due to common-sense that dictates, because of the 4.5 formula someone with a base, political platform and actually commands a great and large area and population must be selected.

Therefore because reer Gedo and Afmadow do not hold such weight in political terms (I don't mean they're insignificant everyone has got his use), thus the PM must be from Puntland and I entrust that the Shariif will nominate a Puntlander and I'm confident of that.

What Somalia needs right now is someone who could make difference..not someone that has no following or lack the support in Xamar. Besides, Puntland had its chance and failed horribly!

Emperor   

Horn, reer Puntland, as in the clan sense, do not only live in Puntland, they also live in the South and the Jubba's as much as your Gedo boys or even more so than you, despite JVA's mass murder and annihiliation of the Waamo locals and their ressettlement of people from Abud-Waaq and Galgaduud regions with the help of your unholly alliance of Snr JVA's Seraar and Indha'ade boys, and who once famously said, "Barre Hiiraale anagaa meesha gaynay hadana waanu kaqaadaynaa" :D , kaagana dhabeeyay what power or influence ayaa meesha kuhaysiin markaa...

Adeer, I have seen more than once, that many SOLers suggesting and exeggarating the notion that members of the clan of Puntland do not live in the South, or have no great influence as much as the boys from Gedo or Afmadow... ridiculous I say. Saaxib, reer Puntland as in the clan sense have the same influence and power in the deep South if not more than both of Gedo and Afmadow boys... And if that's not the case then who kept chasing Hiiraale and your Gedo boys in the Jubba's for most of the Somali civil war, if not members of H clan of Puntland, and only unless you cried for help from your Snr JVA alliance...

Adeer Gedo boys haday wax yihiin meesha kama Carareen Hiiraale-na Dilmaanyo kuma cunteen Doolow after they fall out with their Snr JVA...

Wake up young man, stop your day dream, reer Puntland as in the sense of the clan have more influence and power in the South than your entire Gedo boys can ever assume... Go ask your Snr Indha'ade and he will prove that to you.

Dhubad.   

And if that's not the case then who kept chasing Hiiraale and your Gedo boys in the Jubba's for most of the Somali civil war, if not members of H clan of Puntland, and only unless you cried for help from your Snr JVA alliance...

This is the funniest thing I have ever read lol.

Which chase are you talking about horta? When Margon was chased several times or the famous Afguduud chase ? :D

OK guys this topic is going to another direction now, it started with my PM vs your PM and its changing to my Clan vs Your Clan lol

Maa iskala hertaan?

Originally posted by Aw-Dhubad:

quote: And if that's not the case then who kept chasing Hiiraale and your Gedo boys in the Jubba's for most of the Somali civil war, if not members of H clan of Puntland, and only unless you cried for help from your Snr JVA alliance...

This is the funniest thing I have ever read lol.

Which chase are you talking about horta? When Margon was chased several times or the famous Afguduud chase ?
:D

OK guys this topic is going to another direction now, it started with my PM vs your PM and its changing to my Clan vs Your Clan lol

Maa iskala hertaan?
I believe morgan held the city of kismaayo for years before hiraal and his JVA unwholly alliance took over the city. The people of puntland especially the M clan were one of the earliest migrants to the jubba valley and especially Kismaayo, the idea that they are not natives is ludicrous.

Emperor   

Aw-dubad, Adeer I don't want to ask you that, taariikhadaaduba waxay kukoobantahay few years as juniour members of the JVA, LOool.... I will ask Inda'ade if you have all it takes to keep the second largest city in the South... "Waanu udhiibnay waana kaqaadaynaa :D:D "

Xiin, I am just telling the truth dee, these guyz dwell on the issue that a PM should be selected having in mind and while only concentrating on the South with a 4.5 complaint, as if that eliminates men of reer Puntland, and as if reer Gedo or Afmadow have more influence and power to solve the problems of the South than the other Family... War dadkaanu taariikhda dib uma eegaan...

The last two decades of Somali conflict in the South, waxaad moodaa in reer Puntland south-ka ay bankiino iska fadhiiyeen sidii biri-magaydo cayaartana iska fiirsanaayeen, war meesha yaa isku haystayna...

Mideeda kale Horn wuxu tirsanayaa few years-ki ay JVA junior-ka ahaayeen, dhamaatay adeer taas, its over and never again...

Dhubad.   

lol@Emporer adigu waligaa mar marsiyo mawaynaysid. OK when Afguduud and your boyz were given an ultimatum to leave BuuulaGaduud(near Kismayo)area or otherwise face the Music, was there IndhaCade or Hiiiraale for that matter ?

Let's not go down that route duqa aan ku ekaano the PM position and who will take the post, Sawa undugu wangu?