Sign in to follow this  
miles-militis

The galloping Ms Edna and her disparaging of Somalia.

India   

LoL @@Tukachevsky

As they say "it takes one to know one" or in this case " it takes a member to know a Forum".

Ayoub Shiekh,

shame on you and your ignorance, insulting the poor Somali's.

Bender QasiM is the city where you find all sorts of Somali's even Oromo's and we dont make fun of them because we aint ignorant folk.

Angel Dust and A.J.T are still talking after all this time? come on

BN   

AJT& Angel,

There you guys go assuming everything :D Since when do you have to be a member to read posts left by those disgusting animals on SomaliNEt/SomalilandNet forums :D:D

I know the internet is new to you guys, but COME ON :rolleyes:

bari_nomad

if the language over there is so vile and disgusting as you say it is why do you bother reading it. do you like those people on those forums abusing eachother's integrity.

i must say i for once laughed at your weird sense of hmour at the end of your last posting :D

AYOUB   

Bari and sweathearts, i see the funny side when you lot call us Qaat chewing musicians but you tear your Macawiis when I call you fishmongers. Its ok for yous to call for some Somalilanders to join Abdillahi Yusuf dictatorship in Puntland on tribal grounds but I am called every name under the sky for speaking on behalf of its victims sheltered in Hargeisa. Even when we side with President Riyaale we are 'defending the former NSS Commander'. The truth is all Somalilanders are equal under my eyes and I hope all of my Qabiil goes to heaven :D . The rest of you i just hope your boats don't capsize, nothing more. Since you have avoided most the things in prevous post, let me ask you this; WHAT IS YOUR LOYALTY TO ABDILLAHI YUSUF'S MUDEROUS ADMINISTRATION BASED ON?

India   

Ehmmmmm Ayub...

Why emabarrass our neighbouring brother like that. They shy away from question. :(

India   

Mansha Allah

A beautiful flag indeed. Hey I hear it was the falg of SNM revolution. walahi when I found that out I fell in love with it too.

Their moto:

In the name of Islam:green

In the name of Peace: white

The black star is to remind us of the soar and indeed dark days of the union and the idealogy of Somaliweyn that day with it.

And if all fails in the name of blood: red.

Now that is symblic flag.

Dusty

SNM thro n thro.

LANDER   

Actually Angel the SNM flag was RED at the top white and Green at the bottom with the "shaxadaa" in the middle. But your not far off, the Somaliland flag was based on that SNM flag.

Rahima   

Who needs enemies when you have people such as this Ms. Edna amongst you!

What’s even worse is that she actually relies on the support of our enemies.

Personally, I couldn’t care any less if a region of Somalia wants independence, it just disgusts me to see us turning on one another on the world stage (weather her or anyone else).

LANDER   

Rahima,

what about the TNG that demonized Somaliland as an insignificant run away region?

And even worst they claim to represent us on the world stage. Isn't that worst? It's all politics walaal, its a dirty game by nature.

Points of interest ....

"As foreign minister, Edna clearly lacks even a rudimentary understanding of international politics and diplomacy in this twenty first century.

If anything, there is the female sympathy that the South African Foreign Minister (or is it the vice- minister?) has for her female counterpart in Somaliland, and no more. Needless to say female sympathies never led to recognition of states in history. "

Mowliid Abdillahi

http://www.jamhuuriya.info/index.php?art_id=1133&categ=4&expand=4&file=view_article.tp

Edna’s Foreign Ministry: Any changes or business as usual?

On the morning of augus t15, the premise of the ministry of foreign affairs of Somaliland was a busy place indeed. A dozen or so ‘senior diplomats, ministers and parliamentarians’ met in the Ministry, to ostensibly analyze the ‘foreign policy’ of the republic.

Analyzing the foreign policy of a country assumes, however, the existence of such a policy in the first place, which, in turn, begs the question what is the ‘foreign policy’ of Somaliland at its present condition of non-recognition from the international community?

It is obvious that Somaliland’s’ foreign policy currently focuses on securing international recognition. It is equally obvious that this does not require the bringing together of a dozen or so ex-diplomats of the defunct regime of Siad Barre, to point the way ahead.

The confusion following the exercise was epitomized by Edna’s angry rebuke of one of the reporters of Jamhuuriya newspaper, when the reporter asked Edna how her ministry could reconcile the foreign policies of the Somali state, which the diplomats who met in the ministry long espoused, and the current ‘foreign policy’ of Somaliland. Edna retorted to the reporter ‘ do not ask me that. If you [the reporter] are looking for an information, I gave you all that I had, otherwise go and write whatever you want to write in your paper’.

This latest exploit by miss Edna is anything but another of Edna’s emotional travails, which characterized her style of politics, since her nomination for the key post of the foreign ministry.

After her nomination for the foreign portfolio, many people argued, including me, that Edna was misplaced and that, as a British trained nurse, Edna could have done as well with the ministry of health and labor. However, this was not to question Edna’s talents, her strict work ethic, her mastery of several foreign languages and her humanitarian activities.

Since her appointment, Edna rehabilitated and painted the former NSS building of the ministry (She painted it with a white a color; a color Edna has it painted also on her private Maternity Hospital in Hargiesa). The ministry also received some personal computers form donors. However, no attempt was made to evaluate the 36 or so employees, including those in the liaison offices abroad. And as there is no much to do in the offices, many of the employees in the ministry come to office only at the end of the month, to collect the meager salary.

Nor are the employees in the liaison offices abroad appointed in any way on the basis of merit, experience or education. Rather they are appointed on the basis of their tribal affiliations to the president or to the ministries. Recently, for instance, Dahir Riyale appointed, to the amusement of many, a Gadabursi relative as an agricultural attaché to the Somaliland Liaison office in Ethiopia!!

As foreign minister, Edna clearly lacks even a rudimentary understanding of international politics and diplomacy in this twenty first century. In an IRIN interview on July this year, Edna undiplomatically declared that Somaliland is going to be recognized before the year is out. By speaking in this bold manner, Edna unforgivably put her credit on the line.

The high level delegation to Ethiopia led by Riyale in August, which also included Edna, was a diplomatic disaster in terms. While the delegation was still in the Ethiopian capital, the Ethiopian minister of information, in an interview with IRIN, said that ‘Ethiopia’s interests lie in unifying the war ravaged state’. In diplomatic terms, this was a clear humiliation for the delegation and a complete U-turn of Ethiopian foreign policy towards Somaliland, that is, if there was such a separate policy in the first place.

Recently, there were speculations to the effect that South Africa is going to recognize Somaliland. As a student of international relations, I highly doubt that South Africa can even afford to contemplate such a controversial step in African diplomacy. If anything, there is the female sympathy that the South African Foreign Minister (or is it the vice- minister?) has for her female counterpart in Somaliland, and no more. Needless to say female sympathies never led to recognition of states in history.

Any changes? Not much to speak of, I am afraid. It is almost business as usual in the ministry.

Mowliid Abdillahi

Ibtilo   

Edna this Somaliland that, we have heard it all before.

Anywayzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Wow I love the Somaliland flag, I just went into a flag store(non Somali) in toronto and was surprised that they had it, well u know I got myself a tee shirt printed with the flag and anything I wanted, and also one huge flag to frame for my room.

Ciiltire

Darn it looks soo good am about to cry!.