Sign in to follow this  
miles-militis

The galloping Ms Edna and her disparaging of Somalia.

libaax.....I think it should be people of SSH who should decide what an entity they should join. Somaliland and Somalia should respect the wishes of the people.

Perhaps there should be a refrendum...lol

Ameenah - I respect their will and desire. You see as an unreal as you may find it I was hoping proponents of Somaliland would have heeded the highlighted deficiencies in the policies and political manoeuvring employed by the administration, but never thought you would instead opt for a “no talk, no mention ” type of approach. Thinking of old (confining south Somalia in the dustbin) did quite produce the desired result, and the late Igal literally threw in the towel as it were (his last trip to DC), so why not at least provoke the mind and think of alternative venues?

But should the quest for recognition come at the expense of other Somali regions including neighbouring and stable regions? Depicting Somalia as though derelict, desperately wretched topography brushing it with a single stroke is not quite astute politics, and if anything it weakens the argument for. Many parts of Somalia are not only ready for a shared power structure system of government - federal system, but are steadily working towards it whilst some have proven it (Puntland to be an example). Do you see where I am going with this?

Cheers.

Its not just the fake foreign ministers, now the party leaders dig it in. Paranoid or what?

Midnimo Information Center

mic 21- 06 - 2003 - Wararkii ugu danbeeyay ee arimaha Soomaliya

FEYSAL C. WARAABE OO SI KULUL UGA HADLAY SHIRKA KENYA

«Dagaal weyn ayaa nagu soo socda .......»

Guddoomiyaha Xisbiga UCID ee Jamhuuriyadda Somaliland Md. Feysal Cali Waraabe oo dhowaan u waramayay Telefishinka magaalada Hargeysa iyo qeybaha kale ee Warbaahinta ayaa shaaca ka qaaday inaysan jirin maalin Somaliland u dhaanta xilligan.

«K/Soomaaliya gooni ayaa loo saaray, mana jirto maalin aan ka fiicanahay maanta, Somaliland waxay ku heshay magac iyo maamuus doorashooyinkii 14-kii April ka dhacay dalkan, waxaana la yaab leh inay nagu tashadeen reer Soomaaliya iyagoo sameystay Deked Somaliland lagu soo xiro oo la yiraahdo Soomaaliya, ciyaartan waxaa wata niman la yiraahdo ********** kana soo horjeeda Dowladnimadeena» ayuu yiri Md. Feysal Cali Waraabe.

« Hadaan runta idiin sheego dagaal weyn ayaa nagu soo socda oo Dowlad ayaa la rabaa in dusha nalooga keeno, nalana yiraahdo wax la qeybsada ama waa leydin bakhtiinayaa, dagaalkaas waxaan kaga bixi karnaa anagoo iska dhaafna yooyootanka, Dowladda cusubna gacan la siiyo, inagoo mideysanna aan ka hortagno talada ka soo socta shirka Nairobi ee guracan» ayuu si kulul u yiri Md. Feysal Cali Waraabe.

Guddoomiye Feysal Cali Waraabe wuxuu tallaabo fiican oo horay loo qaaday ku tilmaamay Wasiiradii hordhac ahaan uu dhowaan u magacaabay Madaxweyne Daahir Riyaale Kaahin, isagoo tibaaxay in inta la magacaabayba ay yihiin kuwo leh kartida lagu soo xulay. «Haddii aan anigu Madaxweyne noqon lahaa Edna Aadan Ismaaciil waxaan u dhiiban lahaa Wasaaradda Arrimaha Dibadda, Wasiirka Difaaca, inkastoo aan horay u aqoon hadana waa nin karti sare leh, Cawil Xaaji Cali Ducaale waa nin Dowladda uu u shaqeeyo daacad u ah, lana dagaalama musuqmaasuqa, waana Qoraa» ayuu yiri Guddoomiye Feysal Cali Waraabe.

Source of article

http://www.midnimo.com/June/21_06_feysal_waraabe.htm

LANDER   

shaqsii,

actually referendum wouldn't be a bad Idea at all. At least this way we can finaly figure out the will of the people in SS&H whitout any misleading propaganda.

Originally posted by LANDER:

Libaax,

sahiib what is your personal opinion on the political divide in SS&H? where do you think the people stand concerning Somaliland in each respective region?

Lander, saxib, if you want my thoughts on the SS&H issue, you would have to give me a cup of tea first. :D

Now, brother, the issue of SS&H have pretty much been the forefront of the Somalia/Somaliland political debate. No such debate thread has ever retired peacefully without the planned discussion being interrupted by extremely emotional rhetoric coming from both sides of the political spectrum.

Saxib, to answer your question on where I think the average SS&H-ite stands on this issue of separation, my general observation over the years(source: stories, family, conversations with people from SS&H, news content) has been that the overwhelming majority (the key word here is "overwhelming") of the people from Sool, Sanaag_Bari, and Hawd don't see secession from Somalia as a viable option for them. In other words, they prefer to stay part of Somalia. I should also note that SS&H-ite’s political sentiment slightly shifts in favor of one camp or the other in some parts of Sool and Sanaag depending on who is being more clever ;) at the campaign front, but usually the heavier burden is on the pro-secessionist camp because of the tribal politics hiding beneath the status quo.

Now, if you demand scientific data (i.e.: accurate polling, referendum results, etc) I would be in a big trouble mate :D simply because I don't have any scientific data to back up my claims.

But to galvanize the discussion, I will let others make an argument against my observations in that case the onus will be on them to provide an accurate data to prove otherwise. :D

salaama

Blessed   

Originally posted by Samurai Warrior:

But should the quest for recognition come at the expense of other Somali regions including neighbouring and stable regions?

No!

It is not about the regions but what the pro-unity crew are doing. Puntland, Somaliland can function as an independent states.... but how is Somalia (refering to the ppl in the Kenya talks) going to unite Somalis?

Through redicule and force.....I think not!

In my opinion walaalo, as nice as it is .. unity of somali regions is not something that I see happening ... Unless all the men over 50 disappear mysteriously!

Somaliland will regret the policy of isolation.

While Isolationism may work for some in western countries and is a valid political thinking, it does not work in a vacuum it must take into account the realities of the state internally and externally.

Somaliland is part of Somalia until the day it is recognised and joins the UN as an independent sovereign state until then Somalia issue do concern Somaliland.

The advantage of this has been that Somaliland was not dragged into the southern war, but is this because of isolationism or more to do with the geographical location of Somaliland?

The disadvantage of the isolationism is that while as a member of the Somali state any outcome of a Somali peace treaty will be binding on the state while its non presence would make it weaker to exert maximum influence. Thus losing its interest and affecting its future.

For example what is there was a power sharing formula that was advantageous to the South and Puntland and from this a recognised federal Somali state was formed.

Why would those who share power give an equal footing to those who where not there and did not see them as equals in the first place?

Then all issues would be dealt by Mogadishu and the states within the federation would benefit from making decisions for the whole of Somalia. Somaliland BORDERS WOULD BE REDRAWN FROM MOGADISHU.

The point is it is better to be always realistic; the south will forever not be in anarchy. Somali’s expect more from their leaders today.

Economic activities in some places in the south is remarkable, for example Beletweyne is a booming city and Mogadishu’s BAKARA market is the larger than anything in Somalia and Djabouti. So in all honesty Somalia is not a dead country but a recuperating and healing one.

Ameenah - I share your pain my sister and agree with you on a number of points though would not wish to see all men over 50 disappear mysteriously, for that in itself would usher in a host of gratuitous, abrupt quandaries. See where force and ridicule has gotten us so for- No Where.

Never you despair sister for all things being equal we shall have unity of different sort, acceptable to all soon.

“Puntland, Somaliland can function as an independent states” This I reckon is crucial sis. Am I correct to assume that you find the possibility of autonomous, regional congruence between states acceptable (Somaliland and Puntland), in other words federal system of government?

Happy 26th and many joyous returns!

Cheers.

JUXAA   

What surprises most from her interview is that she implies if unpeaceful atmosphere in the rest of somalia is beneficiery for desperately looked independence. Bu did she forget that Puntland and other parts in somalia which are larger than her somaliland is also peaceful and prosperous. until somaliland and their people stop those kind of arrogance and be thankful to Allah for what they have got they will never end up indenpendent.

LANDER   

Libaax sahiib shaxaa waan ku shubeey :D

Thanks for your input on the SS&H issue, I'm glad to hear an honest perspective. I due agree on certainly one of your points and that is concerning the slight shift in the populous depending on which side is being clever. I have a couple of questions for you tough.

The majority of people against the secession don't necessarily support a new sovereignty under Puntland and its administration am I right?

If anything they are neutral or undecided when it comes to both governments. The second question I had for you is where would you draw a say "line of allegiance" in Sanaag. You say East Sanaag is not supportive of Somaliland, so I'm asking where would you draw the line geographically?

Samurai,

I am not one to talk negative about somalis who are trying to progress as in the case of Puntland. They have come some ways since the days of the war, Lakiin you gotta stop these ridiculous comparisons with Somaliland simply because the 2 "states" don't compare both historically and in modern day times. Sometimes I read your postings and wonder whether you're trying to convince others of your beliefs, or you're really trying to convince yourself of their validity.

I kinda found it ironic you used the states of Puntland and Somaliland in the same post where you mentioned the 26 th of June.

AYOUB   

Samurai

.. you are not suggesting we should not speak of, nor care about the missteps of the officails in the admistration, are you?

Your reaction to Edna Ismaciil's truthful comments brings a whole new meaning to Lander's quote-'They all raise a loud virtuous outcry when the truethfulness is even hinted at in the remotest manner' qoute. How obsurd is it for you to claim that she(Edna) is 'walking over a no longer bed ridden recuparation Somalia' when to the same sight talks of child killings? and taday's story is more chaos than ever.

This is not the first time I've seen you and some Puntu Somalis in the forum jump to defend the warlords. The way you attacked Sayfulaa for opening a topic on the warlords comes across as hypocritical considerng you want to 'speak of' and 'care about' Somaliland's government.

Phoney phrases used in here might work to fool foreigners laakin if i may quote Gediid's famous words 'cut the bull ppl we r somalis not mareykan.. runta isku sheegaa', so i will.

Samurai and my co are quick to 'speak of' Somaliland issues while calling the Abdillahi Yusuf dictatorship on the Cape Guardafui 'Puntland administration'. The scavenging warlords gathering in Nairobi is 'Somali National Conference'. The phrase that takes the Muufo is a plan created by group led by a Gaal who openly opposes Islam being dubbed by 'harmonization team which (with a draft) written by learned individuals from abroad'. LOL. ;)

I am not asking Samurai or Puntu Somalis to change their submisive nature or attitute towards the warlords, I am demanding you let the ones ( like Edna Ismaciil and Sayfulah)who bother to speak up against them be allowed to do it on behalf of the victims back home without being insulted and their abilities and qualifications questioned.

Dhimbil   

It's obvious this women lacks diplomatic skills.

It's one thing to utter such garbage at the local biibito but to bring such tribelistic bigotry to international newsroom is taking it to another level and embarassment to landers, really. Don't she see kissing ass didn't get pple anywhere before and it will not anytime soon? Once you respect yourself others will, entertaining gaalo by degrading others will not work.

Rokko   

Originally posted by AYOUB_SHEIKH:

why are your 'walaales' in Hargeisa as refugess and labourers singing a very different tune?

AYOUB Have you ever been to Boosaaso?

The above "qabyaaladiiste" comment you made doesn't change the reality on table na'mean?.

I have never seen a Puntlander ever coming here making fun of the thousands of poor farmers from Hargeisa district trying make a living in Boosaaso.

Wallaahi hadaad arki lahayd Boosaaso you would exactly know what I am talking about na'mean/

Bro, don't bring these kind of comments here na'mean?. It won't work towards your favour na'mean?

Peace.

BN   

AYOUB_SHEIKH

I think you have embarrased yourself enough today with your narrow mindedness and qabiilist rhetoric. redface.gif You talk about Somalia or 'Somaliland' as if you've ever even been there or seen it...WHICH YOU HAVENT!!!! :mad: You belong on Somalinet forum or even SomalilandNET Forum lately... :rolleyes: