Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

AU troops start to arrive in Somalia...

Tell mr Tuke

How has silaanyo been a warlord? i am not a big fan of silaanyo but the man fought to free his people who were being slaughtered by Siyad barre. now if you think that makes him a warlord then your sense of reality is seriously out of check. another good deed he did for HIS people was acknowledging the presidential election result when he felt that the election was rigged but he believed that it was in the best interest of his country that accept the result and to help his country in the best way possible.

its like jaylaani said you cannot rewrite history

Jaylaani   

Originally posted by A.J. Timacadeh:

another good deed he did for HIS people was acknowledging the presidential election result when he felt that the election was rigged but he believed that it was in the best interest of his country that accept the result and to help his country in the best way possible.

Priceless!

That is why I respect that man (sillanyo)so much!

He also lost the election to TUUR in HAWD back in 88. He never complained about that one either.

BTW, I don't think Duke knows the meaning of the word “warlord” being illiterate and all.

Look his responds when I said the following statement.

“Did any one tell you Somaliland people didn't have a conflict? The war was part of our political struggle that makes us strong today. No Somalilander will deny that”

Below is how he interpreted my statemenet. He even tried to defend it. What a shame.

“Did not have a conflict, and the war was part of our struggle, do not go together dear lad. Make up your mind saxib. ”

Taliban   

It's the 5th of March, and yet, no HIV/AIDS infected Ugandan troops are in Somalia.

Uganda Denies Its Troops Are in Somalia

Uganda says there are no Ugandan soldiers in Somalia at this time, contrary to recent media reports. Meanwhile, an African Union delegation has reportedly arrived in Somalia's capital to pave the way for its peacekeeping force to come to the volatile country. Cathy Majtenyi reports for VOA from Nairobi.

More...

http://www.voanews.com/english/2007-03-05-voa25.cfm

NASSIR   

Originally posted by Jaylaani:

Priceless!

That is why I respect that man (sillanyo)so much!

. ” [/QB]

Why I am not surprised that you respect a murderer who is on the same caliber with Gen. Aideed?

Again, this shows the nobility of the people he slaughtered. They don't ballyhoo and hype things day in and day out.

Source: SomaliTalk

^Aidiid was a saviour who delivered his people from captivity just like Moses did. Seelanyo isn't fit to fill his shoes but he too was a saviour in his own way. As such both men demand veneration. Calling them "murderer" is sacriliges (more so for a muslim!) and truly deplorable.

Taliban   

Originally posted by Caamir:

Why I am not surprised that you respect a murderer who is on the same caliber with Gen. Aideed?

First, I either keep silent or say something positive about dead people, because they can't harm anyone. Second, this is to set the record straight; compared to the clan president, the late Gen. Aideed was a man of integrity.

^ Aideed (AUN) is dead. However the misery of his group has caused, can not be compared to abdullahi yusuf (who in his political stances has not caused damage even in to a fraction of the USC who has alot more damage then all other Somali groups combined).

In Bay and Bakool 100's of thousands starved allegedly due to the policies of the USC and forbidding aide to come through supply lines. In Centra/North Eastern Somalia the USC tried a land grab, in Gedo just the same, in Xamar the American's came to carpet bomb him. Surely American policy is far from great, however they did come for this mans bounty . All of these 'jabhads' commited crimes. Make no worries about that.

However there are degrees of differences, very stark differences between certain Somali figures. You know that and I know that. Why lie to our senses?