Sign in to follow this  
Jacaylbaro

Southern Negative Impact On Somalis

Some Somalilanders have proposed changing the name of the country from Somaliland to some other name that does not have the word Somali in it. Their reasoning is that since the word Somali appears in both Somaliland and Somalia it makes it difficult to distinguish between Somaliland and Somalia , and therefore hurts Somaliland 's efforts to get international recognition. There is something to this argument, though not enough to merit changing Somaliland 's name. Complicating Somaliland 's search for independence is not the only way in which our sharing of the name Somali with our brothers in the south have had a negative effect on Somalilanders. Through almost two decades of constant war, banditry, piracy and religious fanaticism, southerners have destroyed the international image of Somalis. Now Somalis regardless of whether they are from Somaliland , Djibouti , Ethiopia , Kenya or anywhere else are looked upon by the rest of the world as crazy and murderous people who have turned their country into a wasteland for no good reason. The word Somalization as a synonym for endless conflict and lawlessness has entered the political lexicon. And it does not look like things are going to get better any time soon either.

Somaliland has to keep distinguishing itself from Somalia . Somaliland also must be vigilant and double its efforts to prevent the importation of the failed and deadly southern political culture into Somaliland .

Somalilandtimes.net

Cara.   

^Waste of bandwidth is the accepted substitution.

JB, I think today of all days that's a petty view.

Abwaan   

lol...JB it is sad waxaad soo qortay waxaanse qabaa waxaa dhib qaba qofkii magaciisa ka taga. I dont think qofka ku hara Soomaalinnimo inay dhib ku hayso.

RedSea   

was that for me JB?

saaxib no argument from me caawa. magaaladanee baa laduqeeyey. As you can see things are out of our control, therefore you cannot blame yourself for these acts of criminality nor can you blame the somalis in the south. It's all politics abti and we are mostly the victims of bad somali politics.

Emperor   

^Ninkaan ma Red Sea-baa, mase I am wrong, what's with the name change today and after the desperate and coward attack of Hargeysa, you changed your name from 'Mujahid' Red to Reer Hargeysa, it must be a complete 180 degrees turn.

As for the topic, another scale measure of how desperate SL is getting...

JB, changing the name of the country from Somaliland to some other names.... forget about others, you yourself...do you have any suggestions? maybe you may have intresting names in mind drop 'em in here bal...