Sign in to follow this  
nuune

LIVERPOOL WON THE SUPER CUP

nuune   

we made it again, and it just going, waaw, great game tonight it was, am soooooooo happppyyyyyy

LIVERPOOL WON THE SUPER CUP

Thanks to CISSE and the rest of the Liverpool Crew

Liverpool have won their 3rd Super Cup after super sub Djibril Cisse came off the bench to score the goals to beat CSKA Moscow 3-1 after extra time in Monaco tonight.

It wasn't quite Istanbul, but the Reds produced another second half fight back, before growing in strength as the game went into extra time and making another prestige addition to the Anfield trophy cabinet.

It had looked like it would be a night of frustration for Rafa's men as they trailed to Daniel Carvalho's 28th minute strike. But they were saved by substitute Djibril Cisse, who needed just 3 minutes on the pitch to draw his side level.

Liverpool began the game looking very much the sharper side and Hamann tested the Moscow keeper within 2 minutes. They created an even better opportunity soon after when Hamann, again involved, found Garcia clear, but he couldn't control as the goal beckoned.

The Reds continued to dominate possession and Morientes and Garcia both went close. But they were rocked in the 28th minute when CSKA scored from a counter attack that Liverpool themselves would have been proud of.

There seemed to be little danger and little ambition from Moscow, but Wagner-Love suddenly found a defence splitting pass and Carvalho ran around Reina before finishing coolly as the angle narrowed.

The second half started much the same as the first, with Liverpool again in the ascendancy. But as hard as they tried they just couldn't find a way passed CSKA's five man defence.

That was until the 79th minute introduction of Cisse, who had barely got his boots dirty before running passed goalkeeper Akinfeev and slotting into the empty net. There may have been a touch of controversy about Cisse's goal as the ball appeared to touch his hand, but he didn't care as he reeled away to celebrate.

Liverpool had deserved their equalizer and if Cisse's first goal was a timely reminder of his ability, his second 12 minutes into extra time not only won a 3rd Super Cup, but it also made him the hero of the night.

CSKA almost found a way back in the second period of extra time, but Reina saved well from Wagner-Love and the Cup was won.

A late Luis Garcia header made it safe, with Cisse this time the provider and Rafa's men will return to Liverpool with not just the Super Cup, but with their confidence somewhat boosted as they once again proved their powers of recovery.

N.O.R.F   

It was one of those games where i was actually happy for Liverpool to be behind early on. I knew we would come back and beat them even with 15mins to go. :D

nuune   

Norf, and for this season, we will rock till we kick every team OUT, am looking forward to that Chelsicvocich game with Liverpool,

Baluug   

Where is Djibril Cisse from anyways? His name is spelled with a D in front of the Jibril,does that mean he's from Djibouti?

SoMa_InC   

Liverpool were stu*pid to sell Baros and I am glad they lost the battle to bring Owen to Anfield. Damn, I cant believe they paid that sum of money (was it 6mils) for Peter Crouch. I think he is a good player but not a player that can be a substitute for Baros!

Even though I dont rate Owen as class striker, he is the type of player that can score 20 or more goals a season. Cant wait to see his partnership with Alan Shearer.