Sign in to follow this  
mojam

2006 UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE

nuune   

Soma, sxb, we will see what will happen on that Day, I can see that you are confident on that wednesday, but are you also confident on sunday game on the 2nd Oct, make your mind Soma!!

Double win is what we are looking for the next two weeks, we need to put this chelsick on the Bench so they never utter a word about Liverpool again smile.gif

SoMa_InC   

^^^Excellent dream Sxb.

We are looking for the double kulahaa...Seriously, to me the Champions League game with Liverpool is more important than the Premier League one. I am sure the Premiership one would be an easy ride for Chelsea but Wednesday's game is the one to watch. This brings back the trauma we experienced at Anfield, Remember that fake goal that wasnt supposed to be a goal? Now this is what I call revenge!

As I told you before, I'll quit watching football if Liverpool win both the Champions League game with Chelsea.

nuune   

It ended Draw, liverpool 0-0 chelisck cheaters

Chelsick Cheaters will never learn how to play the BALL, with their CHEATS of falling down all the time just to win free-kicks never worked,

and above ALL, the manager was looking for DRAW as for his players too, how sad is that,

BAD REFEREE, VERY BAD REFEREE, and his Flagmen's as well, They saw Gallas's hand-ball and they didn't give us the penalty,

Look DOWN:

The fourth official restrains Jose Mourinho as his Chelsea side failed to win for the first time this season with a hard-fought 0-0 draw at Champions League holders Liverpool :D

nuune   

EURO STALEMATE UNJUST ON BRAVE REDS

Liverpool became the first side to take a point off Chelsea this season but the reigning Kings of Europe will be disappointed not to have won this eagerly anticipated battle of the champions at Anfield on Wednesday evening.

Despite dominating for long periods and showing a greater willingness to attack the Reds were unable to repeat their semi-final victory of last season and had to be content with a goalless draw.

Pepe Reina may have pulled off the save off the match but Liverpool saw two penalty decisions go harshly against them as they laid siege to the Chelsea goal in an exciting and tense Champions League Group B encounter.

Just like in April the Anfield atmosphere was highly-charged and the home fans were once again in fine voice. Clear-cut goalscoring opportunities were few and far between during the 90 minutes but this game was not without incident.

Only seven minutes of the action had elapsed when Xabi Alonso collected a harsh yellow card following a midfield tussle with Michael Essien. From the resultant free-kick Frank Lampard saw a powerful long-range strike pushed around the post Reina.

Lampard should have followed Alonso into the referee's notebook minutes later for a late challenge on Steven Gerrard but somehow escaped without punishment.

Liverpool's first effort on goal of note was a speculative effort from Gerrard in the 17th minute that failed to trouble Petr Cech and sailed high over the bar.

Moments later the Reds had legitimate appeals for a penalty waved away after Didier Drogba tackled Sami Hyypia from behind on the edge of the six-yard box following a knockdown from the industrious Peter Crouch.

Chelsea's tough tackling approach went unpunished by Italian referee Massimo De Santis until the 25th minute when Claude Makelele deservedly had his name taken for another foul on Gerrard.

Shortly after the half-hour mark a clever piece of play by Arjen Robben almost resulted in the visitors snatching the lead against therun of play. The Dutchman skipped past Hyypia on the edge of the box and it took a spectacular diving save from Reina to deny him the games opening goal.

Luis Garcia threatened to rekindle memories of last season's epic semi-final second leg meeting not long after the start of the second half when he ran unopposed through the Chelsea defence but he overran the ball at a crucial stage.

Liverpool continued in the ascendancy and Jamie Carragher was livid in the 55th minute when another penalty claim fell on deaf ears after his header clearly struck the arm of William Gallas in the Chelsea box.

The majority of possession remained Liverpool's but they were restricted to a series of long shots that Cech was able to deal with comfortably.

At the opposite end Chelsea rarely worried the Reds defence and it was they who seemed happier with the point when the final whistle sounded.

It's a result that keeps Liverpool in pole position in Group B and one that proves the gap between the Premiership champions and European champions is not as wide as some may have you believe.

Roll on round two on Sunday.

N.O.R.F   

the gap between the Premiership champions and European champions is not as wide as some may have you believe.

Chelsea packed the middle of the park and didnt play because we were tactically better, one good chance for Robben but we should have got BOTH penalties, the ref was scared of Jose Moner!

Negative play, he makes a sub in the 90th minute (Rob Huth), where is all that talk of revenge? Where was all that stuff they have been saying in the media all week?

Onto Sunady!

As chelsea fan, I'm satisfied with the draw. Although I was hoping for a victory. Real Betis victory makes things a little bit more interesting. We'll see what happens in the coming matches.

Naasir   

F$$$ English teams y'll watch too much BBC SKY SPORTS, EUROSPORTS. Non of them is gonna advance to the semis, Arsenal is the most entertaining English team with luvely skills, passes and dribbling capabilities. Well, again they may belong to an English city but they are Africa, Europian and Lating American Players, so let is give them a warm around of Applause... poor england.

Liverpool should have won last night, they were denied a clear penalty. I guess since the gas price is sky hi, Abrahmocic (chelsea billionaire owner) promissed the italian Ref a lifetime gas for his cars, we'll know Italians and bribery go hand and hand.

Perhaps u guyz watch too much Enland monopulated media, look around and u will find the likes of Inter, Milan, Lille (last years Semifinalist), Juve, Real Madrid, Barca, Bayern, Panathiakos, Ajax, PSV, Udine, Lyon and Shalke.

That is my 2 cents

Enjoy the most beautiful game on the planet

N.O.R.F   

lol@dribbling capabilities :D dont u just love a yank's terminolgy on football,lol

Your right saxib, Liverpool hav been robbed by Chelsea before on handball decisions but i guess the refs were not big enough to give the decisions

As for the other teams from Europe, we will have to wait and see, i think this may well be another English CL winning season, but its still alittle early

Naasir   

We will see how long can money keep Chelsea together. Yes the arrogant Manager won't last long since Managers are the easiest to get rid off.

As they say

Money Can't buy you Luve

N.O.R.F   

^^it all depends on the draw saxib, last year we got Bayer Leverkusen just at the right time and after a great victory vs Olympiakos. We smashed them, then the Juve brought out the passion we needed tomake us belive, we smashed them. Then onto Chelsea who looked shaken by our passionate fans. We smashed them. The rest is history. So whoever gets a decent draw in the next will have a chance of going all the way. Once one get past the 2nd round then the belief will be there.

I fancy another year of shocks, since the format has been changed for the CL the advantage has been given to the 'lesser' teams. The eradication of a second league before the actual second round leaves many stronger teams on a liability

SoMa_InC   

^^^^Sxb How you doing? Hope you doing fine.

Do you sincerely believe that you lot will the Champions league this season?

Read between this lines...Liverpool will not win the Champions League this season and won't even qualify for it next season! Benetiz knows that, Gerrald knows that and you know that! ;) Ask Nuune, another die hard Liverpool fan, he knows that too!

I don't think the above sentence would hunt me down on may. :D

N.O.R.F   

^^i'm fine saxib, hope all is weell in Brixton

I did not saw i believe we will win it again, i simply said whoever get through to the quater finals can consider themselves having a chance.

So long as Chelsea and Milan do not win then i will be happy.

I think it will be between Juve/Barca/Chelsea/ and Bayern Munich with the dark horses being Arsenal (who are looking good in europe). But i still believe in the mighty mighty reds.