Sign in to follow this  
Suldaanka

Berbera Shores - beautiful pix

Xeebsoor Restaurant is always convenient for a quick lunch, they serve grilled and boiled fish (yes they also serve meat) with Somali rice or spaghetti. One can also choose from a wide range of fresh fruit shakes, guava, orange, mango, watermelon and grapefruit....

beach-3a.jpg

for more...Berbera Shores

Sky   

damn that looks good.check out my picture when i was in swimming in the red sea,but in boosaaso beach 63bb.jpg

Amb.

Is that you? it is nice :D How long ago was it taken?

Here comes somemore pix...

lighthousesomaliland1.JPG

[The old lighthouse at the old Berbera port]

berberasomaliland3.JPG

berberasomaliland5.JPG

berberasomaliland2.JPG

Sky   

i'm one of the black figures.i took it the last summer,but i used a crappy camera so it looks like in the 70s.

So you are one of the black figures and at the same time behind the camera taking the picture? icon_razz.gif;)

C'mon sxb, only a prehistoric camera would produce something like that. A more sound explaination could be that the heat in Bosaaso probably wrecked the film useless. :D

India   

Suldanka

As the song goes "rer berbera rer berbea....." never really got the next lines!!!

Berbera is breathtaking...Mansha Allah.

Sky   

who said i took it?and with crappy camera i meant my father's camera that he had bought in caïro in the late 70s.some people....

lol @ India

yes indeed, "Siyaartaan" is the word that comes after. :D

There are a couple of 5 star hotels that are currently being built in Berbera, specifically tailored for Somalilanders who want to relax and have good time after such long time working hard for their country overseas. In the next few years tourism in Berbera will take off.

I am thinking of opening a small shop there that sells kites, surfboards and other beach-gears like towels, umbrella, lifejackets etc. and perhaps sunscreen for those cuties born overseas or those who use diana and can't stand the sun. :D

I like the name with "soor" end. Like "maan-soor, gob-soor, xeeb-soor, arag-soor, qalbi-soor" lol

Ambassador

nevermind sxb, I was just making a lame joke about it.

Dude,

"Red Sea" I think that name can be decieving especiality when you look at the clearity of Berbera waters.

cusmaaniyiinta.PNG

[Old Berbera section. This is the HQ of the Othman Empire, built mid 1700s]

dayr.PNG

building.PNG

i liked the old Ottoman house Wow that house should be preserved and even have funds aloocated to refurbish it.it is a Gem.i loved it,wonderfull pictures.Thanks for sharing

India   

Suldanka

where are you digging these images from?

Berbera is definately a stepping point, once I set foot on my beloved SL for the 1st time ever!!

yes I know, shame on me huh!

Muhammad   

Nice Pictures!! smile.gif

Originally posted by Suldaanka:

Dude,

"Red Sea" I think that name can be decieving especiality when you look at the clearity of Berbera waters.

I would like to ask the geography experts in SOL;

Is the Gulf of Aden part of the Red Sea, Indian Ocean or is it separate from both?

I always believed it is a separate entity, with different waters and currents. Because I don't think we can say Somalia, or Somaliland have Red Sea coasts. I believe the Red Sea ends in Djabouti.

Nabad!

Sky   

yeah muad its officially the gulf of aden. but somali people lived on that sea for centuries and know it as badda cas or red sea. when they would go for xaj, they would cross 'badda cas'. gulf of aden is coined by the british i suppose. i think we need to advocate to the united nations to change it into gulf of boosaaso or gulf of berbera.