Sign in to follow this  
Fuaad

Who Do you think is Somalis' number enemy?

Fuaad   

I think Ethiopia is our number one enemy since who knows...maybe hundreds or thousand years ago..But lately they're keep coming after every region where somali people permanantly reside and creating hostile and worst than ever before. OR am I thinking differently.

If you are thinking other enemies..feel free to mention..

Thunder   

Somalians are Somalia's worest enemy.

I don't know how the war between Ethiopia and Somalia started, but I bet it was started by the late Siyad Bare. Wasn't Ethiopia the land of Negus were the first muslims sought refuge and our prophet SAW blessed the land (hence the reason they were never colonised)?

Is it true that Ethiopia is 60% muslim?

This is just my opinion!

but I bet it was started by the late Siyad Bare.

Your absolutely, 100% correct Thunder. I was watching this documentry about Somalia just last nite, and it was that ****ker Siad Barre who created this imaginary enemy to trigger fear into the minds of Somalians. It was also a tactic to distract attention from the ****kers inability to lead the nation. Much like the tactic Bush is using----Terrorism Kulahaa. Give me a break.

Also, while watching that video, i learned that Hargeisa was first indiscriminately bombed by the Soviet block (Cuba, Russia) when Siadde Barre invaded Ethiopia. Siad barre only bombed when the SNM captured the city.

I am in NO-WAY defending that pig---but its always good to set the record straight.

Lefty   

Both of you guys are wrong!

The Hatred, and the war Between Somalis and Ethiopians had existed way way before Siad Barre.

During AXmed Gurey era 1500s, Somalis were fighting against them in order to defend themselves, religion and their lands for the expantion of Abasiniya Umpire. The humilitation of those 60% you brought up, those who are the majority but still leaving nightmares on their own lands are one of main reasons why the war had started hundred years ago.

Barre didn't start any of it... This drama had existed 400 years before him or maybe more than that, therefore that silly accusition of him is very lame and weak. Besides, he was atleast trying to defend some other part of Somalis.

This type of mentality explains why Somalis is always the true number one enemy of themselves.

fuad..

The bottom line is Somalis have none other enemies whatso ever other than themselves. if you need a greater example, ask them what they have done for themselves lately..They're only good at how to finger point each other without legitimate reasons. Therefore, I don't think we should blame other foreigners for your own problems and weakness!

I ain't playin' I'm just sayin'

Dhimbil   

"1st,themselfs"

I second that, and ethiopia is #2 enemy,cuz they continueusly take advantage of our weakness and kick while we are down. :mad:

I am surprise at our lack of forgiveness and unwillingness to move on and learn from our mistakes, what do we accomplish by constantly blaming each other?

Only way to deal with some enemies is preemtive war and i am guessing that's what happen with ethiopia, because i don't think our government could have been in idle while somalis in ethopia territory wore subject to abuse and injustice in their own land.

BTW, ethiopia of today is not ethiopia of centuries ago!

peace

Ariadne   

The hatred and bitter rivalry between ethiopia and somalia has existed since they became christian and we became muslim. No it did not start 40 yeras ago it was more like 1000 or more. I agree with those who said somalis number 1 enemy is somalis (their way of thinking anyway)

Dhimbil   

by:Dr. Ghelawdewos Araia.

"If we deleve into early and medieval history, we can also examine confrontations between the Somalis and the Ethiopians as far back as the middle of the 14th century. These early armed clashes were compounded by Jihad (Islamic holy war) that were meant to counter the expansionist Christian kingdom of Ethiopia (Abyssinia proper). The pioneers of Jihad were the Walasa Dynasty of Adal who managed to control the strategic port of Zeila, which, in turn, enabled them to expand Islam in the north-eastern Awash valley. They effectively united Muslims and successfully converted the pastoral Somali to Islam, and in the conflict between Adal and the Ethiopian kingdom, the Somalis proved to be the most vital fighting force".

and since than war never stop.......one

Ahlaan   

Asalaamu Caleykum Waraxmatullaahi Wabarakaatuh!!!

I do believe that Somalis are the #1 enemy of Somalia. If we weren't at war with each other and we were well organized other enemies would not have room to cause any trouble, simply put!

PEACE!!!

Somalia's biggest enemy i think lies in its ppl somali's, we are ready to fight n kill each other and destroy everything of value over nothing, and thats before the Qabil issue starts going. We need to start respect each other TRULLY, and if we really claim to be muslim, then lets act like in every mate that concerns somalia politics education culture everything. Maybe then will we be free again to live in peace.

Shiish   

I agree with the majority of you.!

The major and the number enemy is ourselves.

Unless we realized and found solution for it, we'll continue to live in a Dark ages as we do now.

i jiid ama aan ku jiido

A7LA-SHU   

fuad as much i hate them eithopies but i would have to agree with the one who said ourselves.. if u look it somalis hate each other more than they hate others

NoVa   

Finally people are agreeing that we are the enemies to 'ourselves'.

But when will be the day EVERYONE realizes that??

~A nation on a war itself

~is a one that has too many

~broken window's shattered.

~With so many Dreams gone

~and so many people dead

~We are the one's left without no nation at all.

~Would we be the one's to make difference?

~would we see the day that happends?

~Would we ever use our heads and not our guns?

~Would hate over power us all the time?

~But most of all why r we the enemies to ourselves??

~So lil' hope in one's nation

~So Sad 4 nation that has

~one language-one religion.

Ta Ta Tiya*