Sign in to follow this  
Thankful

Great Day in Puntland - African Oil to begin exploring for oil soon!!!

ElPunto   

^Guys please. What black African leadership with oil has shown themselves to have done what the Arabs have done for their respective states? None. Angola, Nigeria, Equatorial Guinea - all pits of enormous corruption, waste and mismanagement. And the worse thing is Somalis don't even have a functioning state for the past 20 years - we're actually worse than those African states.

The good thing is here - we are years away from any oil production. And there is time to get things right yet.

Bokero   

Duke and Fiqi

this bokero guys works in natural resources sector including oil...and this bokero guy thinks this is a shitty deal... the status quo is not what i am asking for, rather I am demanding patience...Africa is littered with wars and corruption and bad deals all sourced to oil... Production sharing agreement that PUNTLAND is entering after proven reserves of commercial quantity are discovered,it’s a bad DEAL!!! ... saudi arabia owns the companies that pumps oil not comparison there!! .. Africans have seen nothing but misery from.oil .. it’s not a surprise they call it DEVILs EXCREMENT...

Note that the oil sector is capital intensive and NOT LABOR intensive sector...little jobs for the locals and a lot of money for the politicians!!! dont be blinded by the oilly stuff demand patience!

Please understand waiting till your people have capacity is not a futile thing it’s the most intelligent thing to do... but unfortunately Somalia recent history is one of BAD decisions after another coupled with extreme poverty of leadership so I expect nothing else but disappointment!

GAAROODI   

looool, still searching i see for that elusive oil...huh !

loooooooooooooooooooool ! if i started digging for oil the first time puntland said it was digging for oil i would have dugg passed china and reached the moon by now.

bosaso and puntland is a joke......keep searching like i said i will find a leprecon before you find oil.

lool

Pilgrim   

It's true, Angola, Nigeria, Equatorial Guinea have had problems due to Oil exploration but these problems are mainly related to corruption within the Governments involved and not the Oil Companies. Oil companies will take short cuts if not properly regulated but again, that is the responsibility of the Government.

If you look at the PSA agreement that was drawn up between Range/AOC and the former gov, it was in line and comparable to the best deals secured in more low risk countries. Range also paid dearly to secure that deal.

Not only is Somalia considered a high security risk but also a huge political risk. Do you think foreign firms are able to raise investment capital for such high risk projects without offering better returns than can be gained in safe projects? Get real!

Look at all the BS Range and AOC share holders have had to deal with to get this project off the ground - government agreements are made only to be broken or re-negotiated - it's laughable!

It's a fact, most people wouldn't even consider investing in Somalia.

Also look at the budget for Puntland - certain people like Bokero suggest - Puntland should develop its own resources - yeah right, with what? It's time the Puntland people stopped wasting their time and bickering like old woman - the current deal is excellent but the benefits of any oil will only flow if you get rid of all the self interest and support the companies involved, going forward.

^^

Pilgrim, the Range company and it's activities in Puntland is a get rich quick scheme, geared to steal monies from gullible shareholders in Australia, like yourself. Only time will tell if they succeed, but mark my words...No one will drill for oil(if found) in Puntland, until a united Somalia National government comes into being.

Pilgrim my friend with all due respct we are not bickering and Somali's do not apprciate being talked down to by anyone least of all Westerners. This deal as you know is supported by most Somali's from the state of Puntland, a few confused individuals and those with special interest should not confuse you. As a nation we argoing through the most difficult time in our history, you will never be able to comprehend the situation. We did not know Range nor ever heard of Africa Oil. Thus the people of Puntland were taking a deep risk, what was that old saying?

"Beware of Greeks bearing gifts"

Pilgrim   

GD - I appreciate what you are saying, but with all due respect it is not the absence of knowledge about a company you need to fear but the integrity of your government. Deals that are not worth the paper they're written on,government signatories that are worthless.

You say Samali's don't like being talked down to but it is obvious that it is Somali's that have a false sense of pride and too often are unwilling to listen to wise counsel. Westerners do not have to invest in Puntland, they do so in the hope that there will be a mutual gain.

Somali's will always be beggars until they learn this basic rule.

^^^ With all due respect, we are not beggers, is the world unfair? indeed for most people of colour it has been and we are no exception but the Somali pride comes from a place a few from the west will ever understand and it's not false.

It's a fact we have weak government and leadership in all Somali lands, bu that does not mean we have to compount his by bringing in the wolves, this deal in my opinion is adequite and we want it to go on. However we have survived for a long time in the most difficult of situations, as a westerner it would not be harmful if you watched your tone, and understood the people you are talking to. Note I have been a supporter of this deal , but all my fellow Somali's don't see it as I do and that does not mean that they should be talked down to.

Pilgrim   

I was not out to offend you GD, I just see the argument on here is often too one sided. I try to not to make judgements about people unless I have a just cause and unfortunately, up to this point I have met very few Somali's I would ever place my trust in.

I would love nothing more than to be proven wrong.

Pilgrim   

Originally posted by General Duke:

^^^ With all due respect, we are not beggers, is the world unfair? indeed for most people of colour it has been and we are no exception but the Somali pride comes from a place a few from the west will ever understand and it's not false.

It's a fact we have weak government and leadership in all Somali lands, bu that does not mean we have to compount his by bringing in the wolves, this deal in my opinion is adequite and we want it to go on. However we have survived for a long time in the most difficult of situations, as a westerner it would not be harmful if you watched your tone, and understood the people you are talking to. Note I have been a supporter of this deal , but all my fellow Somali's don't see it as I do and that does not mean that they should be talked down to.

GAAROODI   

thats the 14th picture i have seen of signatures being signed...I think if you read the small print its not about oil, these guys are from a stationary company trying to sell you pens and paper.

loooooooooool !

peace out dreamers.