Sign in to follow this  
Castro

Somali opposition dismiss nomination of new PM

Emperor   

^^What was so classic about the comment

Yes the Islamic courts were funded, armed and trained by Eriteria, it is a well known fact you can never hide that... they are now gathered in Asmara in the hope the Alshabaab movement will do the dirty work for them, drive Ethiopia out and ultimately Afewerki's dream of conquering Adis Ababa will be achieved... The Mullah's gathered in Asmara have repeatedly promised to take Adis Ababa, what purpose did that serve?

^ so if Erteria is looking after its own intrests( which i agree) do u not think the same is with Ethopia.

A peacefull and united Somalis is not in the interests of the Tigreys but it suits Eriteria perfeclty. Since a peacefull Islamic Somalia will undouptly give poltical and perharps militry support to the Muslim opposition in Ethopia , i.e ONLF and the Oromas which means Ethopian military power will focused in these areas which suits Eriteria just fine cause it means it can persue its own fight to claim the disputed border line knowing Ethopia is weakened.

So in conclution it can be logically said that Eriteria would rather have a united, strong Somalia that is not influenced by Ethopia. While Melez would rather see, maybe, a peacefull Somalia that will not support ONLF & Oroma freedom fighters and is no treat to the Tigray regime and if it cannot have that it will settle for the mess that they created and maintained the past 16 years. Just take the example for Somaliland and Puntland, peacefull yes, but there is strong Ethopian influence and if they step of out line the Melez regime can easilly destroy it, now he is just moving that project to the South.

Fabregas   

You still haven't answered my question: was it Eritrea that founded the I.C.U?

Number 2 and more: Have these Somali groups

(Alitixaad in particular) not been resisting Ethiopia in the early 90s before they went to Eritrea? Was Ethiopia not sending its troops across the border for even minor Somali conflicts which had nothing to do with Eritrea? Did they not send troops to fight Alitixaad and also help mr Yusuf regain power whe he refused(like the warlord he is) to leave power in Puntland? Did Eritrea play a role in any of these conflicts? Eritrea also funds other groups such as O.N.L.F and O.L.F are these groups also simply fighting for Eritrea or do they have their own interests? Lastly, no Mullah or any other Somali gathered in Asmara has vowed to conquer Adiss Ababa, this is just propoganda.

Castro   

GeelJire, history began in 2004 when atheero was "elected". What Ethiopia are you talking about? Our friend, neighbor and natural ally?

No matter what Eritrea's motives are, the enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Period.

Fabregas   

Castro, the funny thing is that the whole narrative has been changed( almost daily)

to suit the political agenda of the day. Yesterday Sheikh Shariff and co were part of an evil subclan that was intent on: using the shariah, conquering other Somali clans and their properties to further their subclan. In fact, we were told that the whole purpose of the resistance was to "hold on to looted properties". Furthermore, the resistance was been led by "looters, fake wadaads and warlords" whom all belonged to one Somali subclan. :D

But the moment Sheikh Shariff and co stepped in Asmara, the whole game changed. Now we are told that the whole purpose of the resistance is to serve the interests of Eritrea and they were funded, founded and armed by Eritrea. The whole purpose of the resistance is to engage Ethiopia in war in order to score a point for Afreweki. But hey wait a minute; weren't they solely fighting to hold onto looted properties, avoid taxes and invade other Somali clans?

The ever confusing circle of the Abdullahi Yusuf brigade knows no bounds. One day there are no Ethiopians troops in Somalia and they only donated their clothers(what charitable brothers)to Somali troops.What happens the next day? Well,ummm...there are only a few dozen or so Ethiopians to train Somali soldiers. A couple of weeks down the line thousands of Ethiopian troops invade Somalia and we are told that they came to save the Somali government from fake wadaads, clan looters and crazed mullahs. Then, all of a sudden Ethiopian troops are bombarding the historic Somali capital and we are told that this is a clean up operations which last a few weeks. And the story goes on and on......men(eg. Dheere) who were chastised and demonised yesterday as warlords and fakes are turned into heroes by simply smiling or sharing a tea with Abdullahi Yusuf....and men who were paraded(by the Abdullahi Yusuf brigade) as heroes(eg Geedi) and saviours of Somalia are turned into demons and devils....all because they stepped on the old mans foot. Get my drift :D

Emperor   

GJ, the ICU were nothing before Eritrea, they were small groups of different sub clans in Mogadishu that had seperate courts, they had not power and influence what so ever, they thou only conjoined, become ICU and took Mogadishu after the support of Eriteria. That is another very well known fact, whether you deny it or say it was legal and appropriate support is another issue...

Al-itaxaad were different entity which I fail to see how they resemble the ICU, the ICU combined a twisted bunch of former warlords and drug merchants while Al-itaxaad were sincere and straight Islamic movement, even the former Al-itixad Spokesman Sheikh Maxamed Shekh Osman has distanced himself from ICU... the only decent group they contained were Al-shabaab which abondoned them now, the ones in Asmara are only a bunch of opportunists lost all credibility...

What is this Puntland, Yusuf and Ethiopians you talk about? The conflict in the early 90's were mainly between Puntlanders; the Al-itaad movement fought with the SSDF and there was no single Ethiopian troop invloved and neither supplied any form of arms, Ethiopia at the time was weak, the Tigreys just taken power and was struggling to contain their own country... Every single detail of that conflict is documented, even some of the Wadaads ka qayb qaatay I meet them day in day out, so if you have anything concrete to preset the stage is yours...

As for conquering Adis Ababa, we heard it announced by the ICU DM on the international media, on Aljazeera and on every other news wire, another fact that needs no denail...

Wiilasha yar yar ee kuhaya "ADeerkaa", it would be better if you contribute or remain silent instead of repeating or being obsessed with the word "Atheer-ka", wax nin wayn topic ku contribute gareeyo everytime ma ahan... Ooh mase ADEER lasoo shirtag every time...

Fabregas   

Here are some of very contradiction in this very thread:

quote:The opposition in Asmara's main purpose is to safeguard Eritrea and serve Afewerki's agenda and not entirely for Somalia

quote:these Somali men in Asmara have no purpose to serve the Somali interest but that of Afewerki and their bellies...

quote:Furthermore, the group in Asmara have no power, control no where and serve different purpose, it's the Alshabaab that's throwing the shots... so if one needs to see the real Somali oppostion group, it's the Alshabaab movement that need to be made peace with and bring them on board...

According to this young man the groups in Eritrea is being used by Afreweki to turn Somalis into human shields in his war with Ethiopia. We are told the ultimate purpose of this group is to make somalis fight on behalf of Afreweki, in Muqdisho(against Ethiopia). On the other hand this young man believes the Asmara group has no power whatsoever. Rather it is Alshabab that is calling the shots and these Asmara boys are making empty threats. So which Somalis is Afreweki exactly using to fight Ethiopia? Because Alshabab have disassociated themselves from Asmara by declaring them as negotiating with secular infidels. Surely if the group in Asmara have no power,purpose or control and the Alshabab have disassociated themselves with seculars and infidels alike: this means Afreweki has no buddies or militias in Somalia?

Fabregas   

So according to you:

1. Ethiopia never sent his troops to combat Alitixaad and colonel Aweys in Somalia in the early 90s ?

2. Alitixaad has no imput or never formed the ideological backbone of the I.C.U?

Emperor   

^Absolutely the former Al-itaxaad had no connection with this group, if you only need to dwell on Aways, then he was a member of that movement, many who were disassociated themselves from this ICU like that famous Shek from Burco Sheik Ali Warsame and Sheik Abdiqadir Gacamey who was the head of the Itaxaad movement that fought with the SSDF in Puntland.

Wax miyaad iska dhahaysaa horta mase xataa xoogaa Idea ah waa ka haysataa...

Castro   

GJ, political expediency, my friend, political expediency. While Ethiopia and its predecessor Abyssinia spent the past 30 years (rather few centuries) trying its best to destabilize Somalia, Eritrea tried (and failed) to help Somalis reconcile. Now, Eritrea is being cornered by Ethiopia and the US. It is natural they fight back. The Asmara Group and Eritrea are natural allies much like the US and Ethiopia are.

I'm against the Ethiopia/US/TFG love triangle. I choose the alternative, no matter how dim their chances of success may seem.

Go Afwerki.

Juje   

Originally posted by Castro:

I'm against the Ethiopia/US/TFG love triangle. I choose the alternative, no matter how dim their chances of success may seem.

Fair enough. But it is good if you can tell the navigator to take off the blindfold if chances emerge.

Xoogsade   

^ Juje, what chances aa ka hadleesaa saxib? Waziirka cusub?

Did you listen to him? He doesn't fit in the crowd. His tapping is more like face-saving on the part of those who gave legimitacy to unpopular warlords to begin with, the US and the EU. Note xataa how A/Y cheerleaders aren't celebrating that much though the new PM already gave an interview. He wasn't familiar face to them and didn't sing the blood tune and terrorists(just yet). May be we shall soon see their stamp of approval and how good he is in few weeks after the new PM co-signs the war on the people.

Teeda kale nin yohow, weli dadkii wuxuu daadsan yahay Xamar dhexdeeda iyo banaankeeda, all the way ilaa Xuduudda kenya, Ma fahmin isbeddelka durba lagu heesaayo. Granted a man was named, but naming him doesn't mean A/Y converted and Maxamed Dheere all of a sudden is a good citizen. We are talking about accomodating Xabashis and building Kaniisad for them so they can pray and feel tranquil with their acquired spirituality. Defiling our beaches was not enough for them.

I will be shocked if Cadde openly squares with the warlords and tells them things will be done his way and Ethiopians are part of the somali problem. He doesn't fit in this crowd so I am still at a loss why he chose to wage a losing battle.

Emperor   

GJ, I presented facts and provided names, influencial names that played leading roles in the Al-itixaad... On the other hand all your could present was talk, nothing but just dry talk.... In that case, I agree with you, let us end this conversation...

With that the convo is officially terminated...