Sign in to follow this  
BOB

We Will Miss Our Captain Vieira.

BOB   

Patrick Vieira, not only was he our inspirational leader and captain but he was the soul of the team as he led by example and I don't care what Arsene Wenger or David Dein say to justify their STUP!D actions because they should've never allowed our captain to leave.

i know one man doesn't make a team but it's totally different when we are talking about Vieira who in my opinion is simply irreplaceable and I am totally convinced we will suffer the consequence in the coming season.

We might buy a quality midfielder to "replace" him but the million shilling question is can any midfielder out there fill the void left by the best defensive midfielder in the world? and how long would it be before that midfielder adjusts to life in the premiership and the Arsenal's style of play ?

How long will it be before our current squad accepts life without their leader and to some mentor and forget about relying on Patrick Vieira everytime we gave the ball away cheaply?

They are talking about Mohammed Diarra from Mali who plays for Lyon but without being disrespectful to my fellow African brother he is millions of miles away from Vieira and we can't afford Michael Essien as the interest of Chelsea in him means we have to sell Henry to afford him.

I hope I'm not speaking out of disappointment and frustration but I believe our challenge for the title is gone to Turin with Patrick Vieira and I hope Henry and Co will prove me wrong starting with the game against Newcastle in Highbury on 13th August.

PS. what am I going to do with my new Arsenal jersey with my favourite player's name on it?I am totally in shock to be honest and pardon me if I let my disappointment get the better of me..I would like to hear what my fellow gunners make out of this huge & costly SETBACK.

Peace,Love & Unity.

N.O.R.F   

Bob

I do feel for Arsenal fans, Viera was immense, he is a colossus, he is a gladiator, he is a fighter, he is a winner. I shall miss watching the man in the Prem. You have lost 60% of your team (and that a realistic assessment).

When Stevie G was about to leave last week, i was receiving text messages from Arsenal fans saying how Liverpool will not play at all next season. Its good fun now that the shoes is on the other foot so to speak.

At least he went to Juve :cool:

Intel   

on the bright side bob at least he went to a real football club

you just might see the great man won CL one day smile.gif

Hey dont worry bob we'll take good care of him over at juve. Think of it this way, when he's hoisting the CL trophy you can say hey atleast we have a former player that got the cup hahahaha

SoMa_InC   

Bob Sup Bro? Hope you doing well.

I am sure you lot would certainly miss Veira. I wonder why they sold him this season for £13mil in instalments. Remember Real Madrid wanted to buy him last season for £30mil, how come they never sold him that time? I believe there are other reasons why they did let him go for that cheap price. Remember Wenger words, ''I would not let Viera, Henry and any other good player leave this club, I would fight to keep them''. What happened to Wenger? Why did he let him go so easily?

Remember Arsenal now turned down 50mil for Henry, I believe he would leave you lot for 10mil or less next season.

Viking   

BOB,

No doubt Vieira is a good player but Arsenal can cope without him. Gunners started last season without him and I think they won six-seven games in a row with the young Fabregas in the midfield. Wenger has never shown to be dumb, he has made the best buys in English football and continues to produce rough diamonds each year.

-He bought a young Vieira from AC Milan and made him into a world-class player who has won everything except the CL

-He brought a distraught Henry from Juve and made him one of the best strikers in Europe

-And he has brought loads of inexpensive young talent that will grow up to be top class players in the coming years; players like...Van Persie, Fabregas, Senderos, Asare, Lupoli, Clichy etc.

I thought he was dumb to let Anelka go to Real Madrid, but he brought Henry and Arsenal supporters nowadays go...Anelka who? He has done it many times before and he can definately do it again. He is not ****** to let Vieira go, he probably thinks it's time for others to step in his shoes.

North,

L'pool needs Gerrard more than Arsenal needs Vieira. L'pool would be in major trouble if he left, but Vieira's departure will prompt the rough diamonds (Fabregas, Flamini et al.) to step up a gear or two and get ready for the show.

N.O.R.F   

^^maybe so, but what will happen when Arsenal face the likes of Man Utd, Chelsea and Liverpool (or crucial CL games)without Viera (the only man with some heart at Highbury)?

Will the young ones wilt when they face Keane, Makalele, Lampard, Gerrard, Hamman, Scholes in those fiesty games that 'always' decide where the title is heading?

Good luck to you boys ;)

Viking   

True, the other teams have better and stronger midfielders; but remember that the resources differ greatly between these clubs. Chelsea are capable of buying anyone they want while Arsenal are currently being out-gunned by Spurs in the chase for Julio Baptista.

Well Said Viking..Let me add into this...

I say..it was the right time we sold Vieira..for the following reasons : -

He hasn't been playing his best last season and one reason is that we forced him to stay.

Second..he is approaching 30 yrs...he did well for us in the past and we had him @ his best..any time after this, age is gonna catch up with him and you wont be able to sell him any price higher than the Juve offer!!!... just the price diff between last season and now is a prime example.

Again as Viking mentioned it is time The Young ones (who already showed promise) to step up...

I dont even think we are goin to buy Diara...

What Arsenal needs is one more central Defender and a right back and top Striker who can take the pressure off from Henry!!

Cheers

mojam   

Arsenal is interested in Edgar Davids I heard. I think this is a really good replacement. Edgar is better than Viera.

Originally posted by mojam:

Arsenal is interested in Edgar Davids I heard. I think this is a really good replacement. Edgar is better than Viera.

I dont believe he is usefull to us at all!!!

cheers

Vieira is gone, we'll do good without him, since he only played like 20 games last season.

For the past coupla seasons, I dnt know if you guys noticed, he wasn't the same old vieira that knee seems to be troubling him a lot lately and besides we got the most out of his career.

I think it was his will to go because he did say " sometimes you have to put yourself first" or something along those lines.

Fabregas is more than an able replacement but wenger should purchase at least another midfielder to make up the numbers.