Sign in to follow this  
poiuyt

Is Somaliland safe for non-Isaa Somalis?

poiuyt   

**********please don't post and discuss clans on our websites. That is against our golden rules. Don't mention the name of any clan on our website***************

This is a waring.

[ November 27, 2009, 11:28 AM: Message edited by: Admin ]

Somaliland is a democratic state. All Somalis reside in Somaliland, providing they are they responsible and willing to respect the laws of the land. Its a shame for someone supposedly young that you think in such tribalisitic tendencies. Identity is constructed and not biological. Somaliland populace consists of a myriad of diverse peoples.

Anyways, you are welcome in Somaliland. We need people with bright business ideas. I think before speculating about the safety and security of Somaliland, you might actually want to visit there as soon as possible.

poiuyt   

I really didn't mean to offend.

See, I have a parent who is very -- shall we say -- qabiilistic, and it would be a lie to say that years of being exposed to this parent's unrelenting qabiil concerns did not give me certain negative impressions. I hope they're false.

In any case, I really am glad that Somalia -- at least certain portions of it -- are improving, and the more these areas improve the more they become attractive to expats such as myself who can bring ideas/business.

People are often a result of their environment and you are not any different. I think its time for you to break the shackles of your parents tribalistic mentality from colonising your rational and enquiring mind and to break free. Make your own mind up about these issues. Tribalism is on the decline.

kyz   

somaliand is not save so be careful , I myself have been there, there is big discrimination one might be harmed because of his clan linage

that the reality there

Blessed   

Originally posted by poiuyt:

Please write it in English as I have a hard time understanding and reading Somali.

This is going to be a major obstacle for even a two day visit. Fix it!

poiuyt   

Originally posted by Halyeey 11:

somaliand is not save so be careful , I myself have been there, there is big discrimination one might be harmed because of his clan linage

that the reality there

Is this true?

Ibtisam   

^^Yeah they will kill you and then eat you for few days for lunch and dinner. They have this myth that people of far away clans taste nice and can cure disease such as malaria which is very common in those areas. Beware of a place called Burco, they have psychic powers, they will know within seconds if you are not one of them and they will play football with your head and kick you in your shin before it is lights out for you. smile.gif

Good luck :D

P.s. So your parents brainwashed you and now you are asking strangers to do the same. Dude best way to learn is to go and see for yourself. If you come back alive then you will have your answer. Don't be fuuley. :cool:

P.s.s. The Issa clan is already a minority in SL poster icon_razz.gif

Ibti-dad qalato, beware kid don't go to her Burco :D

Why do assume it is his parents?

The concept of minority vs majority is not good for any political discoure.Now, you only added to his fears.

Ibtisam   

^^I did not assume it was his parents- He said

See, I have a parent who is very -- shall we say -- qabiilistic, and it would be a lie to say that years of being exposed to this parent's unrelenting qabiil concerns did not give me certain negative impressions. I hope they're false.

I don't get what he is asking:

- He is from the Isaa clan and wants to know if he will be abused in SL

- He is from another clan but has heard about the said clan and their abuse and is worried about them

- He is talking about the collective shike clans and what they will do to him

Either way, he is not going to know until he checks it out for himself, fear just holds you back in life, he needs to let go and if he is serious- he can do credible research rathern than bunch of forum users.

^My bad, he did say his parent is qabiilistic-interesting admission. I think he can use personal tour guide, I would recommend you but he will be distracted :D

Jb is UDUB operative and Marx simply can't be trusted :D

Ibtisam   

^^^Is that not a good thing. Keeping him distracted, he will come back with a gloating report about stars iyo moon and waax loo jeedin icon_razz.gif lol