Sign in to follow this  
hukri

Women travelling

Orginally posted by: ATHENA "If some of you have other reasons why you want to be hostile towards Opinionated, say so..just dont be holding that "Islamic" Banner.

Athena, it need to be said...thank you. Walaahi, this is beyond redicious. I held back the past couple of days in spite of not letting this go on for days but as my sistah "ATHENA" stated, i couldnt agree more and that THIS NEEDS TO STOP AT ONCE.

Perhaps all this hostille is flaming from previous post in which Opinionated 'DISAGREED' WITH YOU..who knows. For whatever reason, its given that for the selected views whom have contributed (in degrading her as muslim) in this thread more then 2x are in bad terms with Opin..okaay we got the concept. MOVE ON...

Whatever the sister believes in thats HER CHOICE again HER CHOICE. Stating whether she's misguided, non-muslim etc wont do justice nor civility here on SOL. No one IS incapable of stating what punishment or extrememes one will go through in Islam. Because no one on earth is superior in allah's eyes (apart from prophets,scholars etc) we are all HIS creation , all HIS followers and most of all HIS children.

Quite honestly, i dont think someone's deen or intellectuality should be brought down because of a disagreement one fills doesnt apply. She has basically stated how she disagrees (okay i can go on n on in opposite to her disagreement) and disrespect her as whole being but what will that get? I personally believe everyone has his/her shares of view of the world...whether its wrong/right no one deserves a cruel and dehumanizing attitudes. This is after all a islam discussion form, hence why am not suprised seeing people contributing and asking question of islam because they are afriad they maybe labeled as 'non-muslim'.

EACH ONE - TEACH ONE. thats how this world survived through out histroy. So all in all, positive feedbacks are greatly are far beyond better then negative remarks.

I WONT BE SUPRISED if SOME IGRNOANT PERSON POSTs AFTER ME STATING 'ATHENA AND CAPTIVA HAVE BECOME OPINIONATED DEVIL ADVOCATES'. I MUST SAY, S.O.L - WE ARE CAPABLE OF MUCH MORE FEEDBACKS THEN THIS...SERIOUSLY.

I DONT KNOW ABOUT THE REST OF YOU BUT AM TIRED OF THIS THREAD GOING BACK AND FORTH- ITS LIKE NEVER ENDING PREVIOUS ARGUMENTS. I FOR ONE DONT WANNA BE RUNNING INTO THIS THREAD SO IF 'YOU' HAVE A DISAGREEMENT WITH OPINIONATED...PLEASE DIFFER THAT TO HER MAILBOX CUZ I LIKE TO SEE NEW THREADS.

Am deeply worried for the future of the ISLAM SECTION.

Originally posted by Athena:

Kheyr :rolleyes: ,

If you refer to an Islamic ruling as a buncha crock or say it no longer applies = same thing. How she chooses her words is her prerogative..wouldn't it be sad if we all chose the same words?

-----

well said

Baashi   

Kheyr :rolleyes: ,

If you refer to an Islamic ruling as a buncha crock or say it no longer applies = same thing.

Not quite! Rejecting Islamic ruling on the basis of deductive reasoning != Intrepretation of the directive by citing Prophets' saying through Bukhari and acts of Sahabah.

One (Opinionated) is belittling and badmouthing Islamic injuction. The other (Rahmah, Qori Xabaalan, and Bulo) is delineating the fine prints of the same legal imjuction by citing primary sources - Khalif Omar, Al-Bukhari and among others.

PS: != means not equal :D

Since when did it get soo personal for some folks what opinionated chose to practice? I think we all have opinions and convictions about Islam and we do our best to fulfill our obligations.

I believe some folks really need to question the motive of their posts...is it to enlighten opinionated or to prove that her beliefs are questionable?

I'm out.

Originally posted by pearl:

:D:D
...not to Discredit ur unpaid service but honey a buncha crock or say it no longer applies dont mean the same to majority of the viewers...one has to choice their words correctly so that its understood by majority not the minority......--->>>coming from a juror who has already made up her mind without the ending of the trial...

To please all people is an unattainable thing and personally I'm not interested in pleasing the majority :D

Originally posted by Baashi:

One (Opinionated) is belittling and badmouthing Islamic injuction. The other (Rahmah, Qori Xabaalan, and Bulo) is delineating the fine prints of the same legal imjuction by citing primary sources - Khalif Omar, Al-Bukhari and among others.

Is a buncha crock all thats worrying you and the rest? 'cause it seems to me, they

all came to the same conclusion anyway.

PS. Am I next on da hit list? Lemme know 'cause I'll get ma ammunition and weapons of mass destrustion ready ;)

Khayr   

So here is how things look so far,

Defendant-Opinionated

Defendant's Counsel-Athena

Defendant's Legal Clerk-Captivating Soul

Plantiff-Taliban

Plantiff's Counsel-Baashi

Plantiff's Legal Clerk-Darman

Members of The Jury

1. Pearl

2. Khayr

3. Tamina

So far, anyone else! smile.gif

NinBrown   

Salama calaykum

Sisters Athena and Captivating soul i dont think anyone is coming hard Opiniated, majority of the ppl sencierly posted the anwser to the question and the sister blatently disagreed....and its our duty to enjoin good and forbid evil...this is expalined more in a passege From Usool al-Deen al-Islami, by Shaykh Muhammad ibn Ibraaheem al-Tuwayjri..it says..

Enjoining what is good (al-ma’roof) and forbidding what is evil (al-munkar) is one of the most important Islamic duties, indeed it is the noblest and most sublime. This is the task of the Prophets and Messengers (peace be upon them all), as Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Messengers as bearers of good news as well as of warning in order that mankind should have no plea against Allaah after the (coming of) Messengers” [al-Nisaa’ 4:165]

Allaah has made the Muslim ummah the best nation ever raised up for mankind, in order to do this important task, as Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“You (true believers in Islamic Monotheism, and real followers of Prophet Muhammad and his Sunnah) are the best of peoples ever raised up for mankind; you enjoin Al-Ma‘roof (i.e. Islamic Monotheism and all that Islam has ordained) and forbid Al‑Munkar (polytheism, disbelief and all that Islam has forbidden), and you believe in Allaah” [Aal ‘Imraan 3:110]

If the ummah fails to do its duty of enjoining what is good and forbidding what is evil, wrongdoing and corruption will spread throughout the ummah, and it will deserve the curse of Allaah. For Allaah cursed those among the Children of Israel who disbelieved because they failed in this important duty. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Those among the Children of Israel who disbelieved were cursed by the tongue of Dawood (David) and ‘Eesa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary). That was because they disobeyed (Allaah and the Messengers) and were ever transgressing beyond bounds.

They used not to forbid one another from Al-Munkar (wrong, evildoing, sins, polytheism, disbelief) which they committed. Vile indeed was what they used to do [al-Maa’idah 5:78]

Enjoining what is good and forbidding what is evil is one of the basic principles of this religion, and doing this is jihaad for the sake of Allaah. Jihaad requires putting up with difficulties and bearing insults and harm with patience, as Luqmaan said to his son:

“O my son! Aqim‑is‑Salaah (perform As‑Salaah), enjoin (on people) Al‑Ma‘roof (Islamic Monotheism and all that is good), and forbid (people) from Al‑Munkar (i.e. disbelief in the Oneness of Allaah, polytheism of all kinds and all that is evil and bad), and bear with patience whatever befalls you. Verily, these are some of the important commandments (ordered by Allaah with no exemption” [Luqmaan 31:17 – interpretation of the meaning]

Enjoining what is good and forbidding what is evil is an important mission, hence those who undertake this mission must be of good character and must understand the objectives of sharee’ah; they must call people with wisdom and fair preaching and deal with them in a kind and gentle manner, so that Allaah may guide those whom He wills at their hands. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Invite (mankind, O Muhammad) to the way of your Lord (i.e. Islam) with wisdom (i.e. with the Divine Revelation and the Qur’aan) and fair preaching, and argue with them in a way that is better. Truly, your Lord knows best who has gone astray from His path, and He is the Best Aware of those who are guided” [al-Nahl 16:125]

The ummah which establishes the symbols of Islam, enjoins what is good and forbids what is evil, will attain happiness in this world and in the Hereafter. Allaah will send them His support and grant them victory, as He says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Verily, Allaah will help those who help His (Cause). Truly, Allaah is All‑Strong, All‑Mighty.

Those (Muslim rulers) who, if We give them power in the land, (they) enjoin Iqamaat‑as‑Salaah [i.e. to perform the five compulsory congregational Salaah (prayers) (the males in mosques)], to pay the Zakaah and they enjoin Al‑Ma‘roof (i.e. Islamic Monotheism and all that Islam orders one to do), and forbid Al‑Munkar (i.e. disbelief, polytheism and all that Islam has forbidden) [i.e. they make the Qur’aan as the law of their country in all the spheres of life]. And with Allaah rests the end of (all) matters (of creatures)” [al-Hajj 22:40-41]

Enjoining what is good and forbidding what is evil is a mission which will never end until the Hour begins. It is obligatory upon all the ummah, rulers and subjects, men and women, each according to his or her circumstances. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever among you sees an evil action, let him change it with his hand [by taking action]; and if he cannot, then with his tongue [by speaking out]; and if he cannot, then with his heart [by feeling that it is wrong] – and that is the weakest of faith.” (Narrated by Muslim, 49)

The Muslim ummah is one nation, and if corruption becomes widespread in it and its circumstances turn bad, then all the Muslims are obliged to reform it, rid it of evil things, enjoin what is good and forbid what is bad, and offer sincere advice to all. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said:

“Religion is sincerity.” We said, “To whom?” He said, “To Allaah and His Book, and His Messenger, and to the leaders of the Muslims and their common folk.” (Narrated by Muslim, 95).

If a Muslim is commanded to do something, he should be the quickest of people to do it, and if he is forbidden to do something, he must be the one who keeps furthest away from it. Allaah has issued a warning to those who go against that, as He says (interpretation of the meaning):

“O you who believe! Why do you say that which you do not do?

Most hateful it is with Allaah that you say that which you do not do” [al-Saff 61:2-3]

No matter how righteous a person may be, he still needs sincere advice, guidance and reminders in the light of the Qur’aan and Sunnah. Allaah said to the Messenger of the Lord of the Worlds, the most perfect of all creation (interpretation of the meaning):

“O Prophet (Muhammad)! Keep your duty to Allaah, and obey not the disbelievers and the hypocrites (i.e., do not follow their advice). Verily, Allaah is Ever All‑Knower, All‑Wise”

[al-Ahzaab 33:1]

So we must all enjoin that which is good and forbid that which is evil, so that we may attain the Pleasure of Allaah and His Paradise.

Nino, I mean this in the nicest way possible but I dont see the point of ur copy and paste job!

You're taking things out of context, there is nothing and no-one evil here...I'm assuming everyone has good intentions at heart even if they dont see eye to eye with each other.

I've not given my stance on this issue and therefore ya all should stop writing to me as such. I merely pointed out the selective-response attitude by some of the posters.

I rest my case.

Baashi   

Is a buncha crock all thats worrying you and the rest?

No.

But heads turn when one disagrees performing salat five times every day or the need for hijab or in this case mahram. Am all for freedom of expression, having inquisitive mind, having different views, and what not. But treating Islamic directive as any other opinion...that's when I can't help but having few questions and opinions of my own.

'cause it seems to me, they all came to the same conclusion anyway.

And conclusion is?

PS. Am I next on da hit list?

No darling. Neither u nor Opinionated is on it cuz there is no hit list. This list is all made up in ur head. Y’all perceived this discussion that way and as they say perception is not necessarily a reality.

Lemme know 'cause I'll get ma ammunition and weapons of mass destrustion ready

No need for ammunition/WMD...ur penetrating logic alone will do the job if need be...at the moment there is no need for the ‘shock and awe’ show that u have in mind!

Originally posted by Tamina:

is it to enlighten opinionated or to prove that her beliefs are questionable?

Tamina, I think the answer to your question all depends on how one sympathizes with her views or comment in general.

With regards to this "bunch of crock" comment, I tend to think that the sheer number of those who challenged her remark were either trying to help her or were sincerely offended by her comment.

Without placing others on higher moral ground, I personally thought sister Opinionated was implicitly rediculing the Islamic directive itself for she was not questioning its interpretations in a civilized, more tolerant manner. That is my opinion.

Originally posted by Baashi

But heads turn when one disagrees performing salat five times every day or the need for hijab or in this case mahram.

Without me depicting the sister's character in a destructive light, I agree with you that her barrage of "anti-islamic" comments has indeed offended many muslim nomads to say the least.

As for Athena, girl your WMD will be found. We know you are getting some from North Korea but you will be disarmed. Evil doer. ;)

May Allah forgive all of us.

opinioated ur playing with fire, watch u might get burned.

for da rest of u, why do u even bother to argue

finally i lie blame on da person who started this post, if this was an issue u were concerned about why not go to a shaik or some1 who knows the religion.

people u should really why wat u say in da framework of Islam.

this deen aint a joke like our lives.

bilan   

Is it me or does
Opinionated
pose such a threat to certain people? If I'm not mistaken,
Raxmah
Bulo
and
Qori Xabaalan
refuted the Maxram idea too but I dont see any1 bouncing on them ... :confused:

salaam i did not want to add anyting what i already said but could not help when i saw my name first of all sis athena i never denied the existence of the mahram in islam, nor i questioned its wisdom behind it, i did not give my own personal opinion since i'm not qualified to do that, but gave a daleel what scholars said about mahram, with the hadith. i can not deny hadith clear as the mahram cause i have enough sins in my record. i hope i made my points clear to you.and i'm sure sis opinionated does not pose any threat to any one, however when one questions the rules of islam without evidence rest of muslims are required to correct them.do not you think we should say something if people start to ignore the sunnah.

hukri   

Origionally posted by think_tank

finally i lie blame on da person who started this post, if this was an issue u were concerned about why not go to a shaik or some1 who knows the religion.

Is it illegal to ask anybody but a shiek now adays or what? I had a question and I thought I'd see if anyone could answer it and people who were not sure about this question could benefit from it. And by the way when you say "some1 that knows about the religion" There are people here who know about the religion and if there weren't I wouldn't have posted my question. After all the forum is called islam and here you should be able to post your questions!

Didn't intend to start World War III!!

lol@you guys

Some of you are too funny! Kheyr, don't you have anything better to do than play games? and what about the people who are sending me PMs to "inform" me. Seems to me that more people are responding to this thread for entertainment purposes only. I think some of you are arrogant and self-righteous. I say this is the most nicest way possible. You come on here and tell me (and not others who take on different views) I am wrong and this is what I should be doing instead. Did you see me at one point telling your pompous arses that you are not behaving in an islamic way. But then again, S.O.L. is known to osterize those who they think don't belong here.

Nino Brown,

I agree with your copy and paste: "Most hateful it is with Allaah that you say that which you do not do” [al-Saff 61:2-3]

I suggest the ladies that were busy being concerned about my life ..focus on yours!

Ps: I find this thread quite amusing. Shows the ugly side of S.O.L. members ;)