Sign in to follow this  
Meiji

Real Talk: Secessionism - - - On What Grounds?

Originally posted by Meiji:

Cabdi-case,

The question is not been better off or not. The question is on what grounds do they espouse secessionism?

The 1st picture shows a young boy been ''educated'' about the meaning of the monument. The momument is seemingly built to commemorate those who have perished during the bombing of the city by the dictatorial regime of Barre. On the monument there is a SOmaliland flag and someone who is defending the people who are bombed. From that monument I can deduct that a few opportunists want to abuse and mis-intrepret the awfull bombing of the cities and massacre of its inhabitants to fit in their selfish political program: secessionism.

Hence, why I invite all those supporters of ''Somaliland'' to come in here and explain on what grounds they support secession.

Is it because of the atrocities committed? Is it because of un-equal sharing and representation within Somalia? Is it because of what happened after 1991, namely the civil war and their desire to save themselves from the blooddy civil war?

What are the reasons exactly? More, importantly what is the main ground on which one espouses secessionism?

in burco people support seccessionism because they are selfish tribal fools. they think they are better than the rest of the country. i try to tell them the south are our brothers too and they should forget about the past and let by gones be by gones.

****** thing is somaliland was at it's best when it was somalia. right now it is just another god forsaken tulo with no money except remittance money from the west

SomaliPirate, which Burco did you visit, son?? While all of Africa is under-developed and poor, Burco is certainly better off as a city today than under Ina Siyad Barre.

While your Johnny-come-lately Somalinimo is endearing to some, you have a lot of facts to catch up on...

The same burco that has that awesome hotel called titanic. they serve good food there. That burco.the burco with names like october for it's streets.

you still don't get it. you cannot progress when your land is in a limbo. in somaliland, there is no economy, jobs, investment, infrastructure, civil society, absolutely nothing that resembles a functioning state. is it any wonder seeing our people running to yemen and others parts of africa as refugees.

you should understand that when you are a part of a recognised country then money is poured in right now somaliland is in a limbo. a limbo that is slowly killing what's left of it.

funny you mentioned life under siad barre. somalis under siad baare were not refugees running around. somalis under siad baare had a better standard of living. somalis under siad barre had a viable passport. somalis under siad baare had embassies around the world. somalis under siad baare had functioning society. somalis under siad baare had the protection of a state. we had an army back then.

in case you stll did'nt get it. we had a country back then. Burco under siad baare before the war started was much better than the shit hole it is now.

after 18 years of self imposed limbo somaliland has nothing to show for other relative peace.

johnny come lately?pfft.

some people need to beaten back to patriotism.

RedSea   

^^^Adeer stop claiming something you're not. I'm somaliland kulahaa. :D

Only Allah giveth life, Siyaad barre inherited united poeple, he turned them on each other. Markaa it's really pointless to argue with a someone who doesn't have full grasp of facts.

believe what you will. could'nt care less. i am not your brain washed tribal dumbo who thinks the south is my enemy.

siad barre is gone. but somalia is still in ruins.

siyad barre was a patriot. at the height of the power he started the war to free our lands from eithopia.

that moment, everyone was behind siyad barre. funny when the war was finished every one started to turn against him.

what a shame.

the biggest path of self destruction we had was when our own somalis started to fight the country from eithopia of all places because of jahil qabeel mentality.

all those somalis who gave their lives to free oggaden was wasted when somalis started to fight the country with the help of eithopia.

eithopia was looking to destroy somalia and lo and behold what a suprise. it found somalis willing to do it's bidding for it.

RedSea   

Siyad, a Patriot. Somaliland tribal enclave etc..terms we have been used to. Be all you can be, just dont claim something you aint buddy.

Gabbal   

Originally posted by Mujahid:RedSea:

Siyaad barre inherited united poeple, he turned them on each other.

You say a lie enough times and you start to believe it. :D

NASSIR   

The context of which Somali-pirate's argument is set is not about the days of Siyad Barre and his dictatorial regime but having a functioning government is better than anarchy, secessionism and radicalism.

A glimpse of what Somali is talking about.

SOMALIA: somaliland youth risking death in search of better life

The Ministry of Planning estimates remittances account for US$50 million - or about 80 percent of Somaliland's economy.

Every Somali site has articles underscoring this glaring fact of us being a society of failed state for all self-respecting persons to see and admit. Even "Somaliland's" local, clan-based administration has become a dictatorship.

Meiji   

Somali-Pirate,

Siyad Barre was far from a Patriot or a Nationalist as some want him to portray. Lets see him for what he was: a powerhungry Dictator.

A Nationalist would NEVER EVER take the whole country with him just to stay in power.

Even when he was chased out of the capital and was somewhere in the jungle, the dictator was claiming to be in power and thus the President of Somalia.

He only accepted the fact that his dictatorial regime came to an end when he was in Nairobi preparing for his exile in Lagos.

Lets not praise such a man, and lets stick to the topic.

Mujahid-Redsea,

Since you seem to know who is a real ''Somalilander'' and who is not, can you explain us on what grounds this entity called '"Somaliland'' is established on?

Go ahead, explain us on what grounds secessionism is based on. The atrocities of the dictatorial regime of Barre? The sharing of power? The civil war and desire to stay out?

Shabelle   

lol, let Somaliland continue with their secessionist dreams.

In the mean time, let Puntland and Southern Somalia form a strong central government filled with ministers from both sides and let us come together based on mutual respect and mutual interest.

Seriously, if Somaliland wants to be left alone, let them. Don't let the door hit you on the way out. The rest of the country should isolate them politically. If anything, it makes it much easier for Puntland and Southern Somalia to form a state, since we will then have less tribes to worry about when forming a government.

10 years from now, still with no International recognition and realizing their shame, Somaliland will beg to unite with the rest of us. Our doors will always be open for our brothers from Waqooyi Galbeed of course... but let them realize their own mistake first.

My short-term vision is Puntland giving up its autonomous claims to form a centralized government in Mogadishu, and a united Somalia stretching from Bari all the way down to Ras Kamboni. D-Block and H-Block must come together and save the future of Somalia.

Meiji   

Shabelle,

There is no D-block or H-block. It is that kind of mentality that has led to division and misunderstanding between the Somalis.

You should be careful since some opportunists can justify the secessionist path by uttering the same nonsense as you, i.e. I-block crap.

Also, Somalia is as the name explicitely says: independent, and internationally recognized country for the Somalis.

Since we are missing few Somali lands in the Horn, we should not divide what we already have.

Shabelle   

I think you mis-understood me. I will be the first one to denounce qabil. It is a cancer to our development as a nation and as a community.

I only mentioned D-Block (Puntland) and H-Block (Southern Somalia) for geographical purposes. What I meant to say was that those two qabils must come together, put our differences aside and work towards a better future for all of us.

I never said that one particular tribe is better than another, so I have no idea why you're accusing me of having a qabilist mentality? As I said, it was probably a mis-understanding on your part.

Meiji   

Originally posted by Shabelle:

I think you mis-understood me. I will be the first one to denounce qabil. It is a cancer to our development as a nation and as a community.

I only mentioned D-Block (Puntland) and H-Block (Southern Somalia) for geographical purposes.
What I meant to say was that those two qabils must come together, put our differences aside and work towards a better future for all of us.

I never said that one particular tribe is better than another, so I have no idea why you're accusing me of having a qabilist mentality? As I said, it was probably a mis-understanding on your part.

Bro, there is no H-block or D-block.

What we need is for all Somali groups to come together and put aside their differences.

The day we think in Somali-Block instead of H-Block or D-Block is the day we can move forward.

However, if you ment that the different Somali groups need to sort out their internal differences and engage in grassroots reconciliation between the different subclans within a clan, then thats a good development and should be promoted.

RedSea   

Mejji,

I don't have to answer to you adeer. Somaliland is what it is, live with it. smile.gif

Shabeele,

Somaliland doesn't care what you think. Your opinion is only to please you and your ilk. You may work with whomever you please, and we are not here to stop you from doing so. Markaa save us the cheap rants fella. ;)

the thing that pisses me off the most is seeing how my region is willing to bend over backwards for eithopia against their own kind in the south.

My father AUN who fought in the oggaden war would have probably cry in anguish if he were alive today. I don't think he or the other brave somalis who fought in that war would ever imagined it would end up like this.

was their sacrifice for nothing?

pretty shameful if you ask me