Sign in to follow this  
Meiji

Real Talk: Secessionism - - - On What Grounds?

Meiji   

Looking at the pictures above, we can safely assume that the main ground for secession is the bombing of Northern cities by the dictatorial regime of Barre.

Now, can those who represent the camp of ''Somaliland'' acknowledge or deny this?

- Are the atrocities committed by the dictatorial regime of Barre the main ground on which one espouses secessionism?

or

-Are their other grounds on which one can defend the secessionist aim?

I am really curious to understand how some of our brothers up North think.

Meiji   

PS:

We should commemorate ALL atrocities committed by EVERY SINGLE actor in Somali history. And not become selective.

We should commemorate the unfortunate atrocities committed by the dictatorial regime of Barre against those in Northeastern Somalia, against those from Northwestern Somalia, against those from Central Somalia, against those from Southern Somalia.

We should commemorate all the atrocities committed during the Civil War against weak and unarmed civilians. The horrible starvation of 300.000 people, the awfull city cleansings all over Somalia, those who were stuck between the warrying factions.

Also, we should commemorate the recent atrocities committed during the Ethiopian occupation in Southern Somalia. The tens of thousands deaths and wounded, the mass displacement and the mass destruction of property.

All those crimes should be denounced and the victims commemorated.

ABOVE ALL,

We should not allow opportunistic elite´s to distort the events and use those distorted version of history as PROPAGANDA IN SUPPORT OF THEIR SELFISH POLITICAL PROGRAMS.

Gabbal   

You seemed to have answered your own question:

Originally posted by Meiji:

Bad for the poor Somalis from the North who have been misled and manipulated by Clannist-survivalist elite. These elite have reasoned out that having your own ''little game''(Somaliland's politics) gives you more chance for high positions then to play along in the ''big game'' (Somalia's politics).

http://www.somaliaon line.com/ubb/ultimat ebb.php?/topic/9/180 96

Gabbal   

We should commemorate all the atrocities committed during the Civil War against weak and unarmed civilians. The horrible starvation of 300.000 people, the awfull city cleansings all over Somalia, those who were stuck between the warrying factions.

This is you parading Caydiid on this forum:

made his stance clear regarding ''Somaliland''.

Source

Meiji   

Horn/Gabal,

The quoted piece answers the question from my point of view. I am interested in THEIR point of view and corresponding answers.

ALSO,

NEVER DISTORT MY POSTS and NEVER draw false conclusions.

Is this me ''Parading'' with Gen.Aideed??

I only pointed out that even he was against secessionism.

Now, why did you distort my post and try to take a low shot at me?

Please explain and let SOL audience be the judge.

i think imust be the only somalilander in the world who does not want secede like a bunch of fools. then again i was not born with qabeel mentality like some others.

even my cousins hate when i say that our fufure lies with our brothers and sisters fo all somalia.

god i hate seccessionism. the country was destoyed the moment the snm decided to attack somalia from eithopia. yes the same eithopia which the country went to war with to regain back our lands.

siad barre was a crazy guy. but at least we had a country in those days, we were a proud nation back then. not the sorry mess we are in right now

Somali pirate your not a somalilander

Jiritaanka somaliland wa muqadis. ciidna ka hor iman karta ma jirt.Ciidi ka hor timaada isagu uun ba iska tagga lol Just like Abduraxmaantuur aun.And thats how it is dadkani iyaka la so noqday gobonimadoodii.1960 ay kula darsadeen konfuurta wala is afgaran waaye wala kala tagay simple as that if people cant live together they must go their own way.

xaaji xunddjuf,

i am from the burco. last time i visited it was in 2002. i send money every month to my sister in hargeysa.

you are just a another tribal seccessionist who can't believe that there are somalilnaders out there who love all their brothers and sisters regardless of clans.

i am not brain washed qabeel hater like most somalilanders.

as yourself this. after 18 years of being peaceful but a dump tulo what have the north west achieved. other than being a front for eithopia.

Kashafa   

Jiritaanka somaliland wa muqadis

:D I like your style, Xaaji Xunjuf. You're a man I can do business with. Your vision is clear, straightforward, and unencumbered with the flimsy pathetic rationalisations that is so prevalent in SOL discourse.

The same way aad uu aaminsantahay that jiritaanka Somaliland waa Muqadis(a position I respect), aniga'na waaxan aaminsanahay the imperative obligation of having a united Islamic Somali State whose borders are: wherever our camels stop grazing.

In the coming months and years(after the South and Puntland are pacified), our two visions and philosophies will clash, and one vision and one system of governance will emerge the victor. Make no mistake about it, abti: Ardul-Soomaal cannot have two masters. Somebody has to win. The choice in front of the people of Waqooyi Galbeed is very simple: Will they choose Abu Bakar Al-Zaylaci, Governor of Kismaayo and the reign of Islamic Governance.......or NSS chief Mudane Riyaale and Xabashi harlot'ism.

A very clear choice.

Meiji   

Kashafa,

The South has overcome clannish warlordism. Surely, we will overcome the religious warlordism like those before them.

We will not tolerate any political group that wants to enforce their will upon society.

Time will tell.

------

As for the thread, lets wait for those who support the Somaliland ideology.

Xaaji,

Can you explain the 1st picture?

All I see is the bombing of a Northern city by the previous dictatorial regime of Barre. And there are those brave Somalis defending themselves from it. But what I dont get is, the flag in the picture. Why is there a Somaliland flag on the monument? Are they implying that SNM fought for secession and already knew in 1988 that they wanted to create a secessionist state called Somaliland?

Also, is the bombing of the Northern cities and the atrocities committed there by the dictatorial regime of Barre the main ground on which one espouses secessionism?

Can you explain that Xaaji Xundjuf.

i think imust be the only somalilander in the world who does not want secede like a bunch of fools. then again i was not born with qabeel mentality like some others.

even my cousins hate when i say that our fufure lies with our brothers and sisters fo all somalia.

god i hate seccessionism.
the country was destoyed the moment the snm decided to attack somalia from eithopia
. yes the same eithopia which the country went to war with to regain back our lands.

siad barre was a crazy guy. but at least we had a country in those days, we were a proud nation back then. not the sorry mess we are in right now

Somali Pirate, As a fellow somalilander I accept your opinion that you are a unionist, but what I don't agree with you is the bit in bold about the day somalia was destroyed. In my opinion somalia was destroyed when our president - who at first treated everybody equal - decided only his sub-clan and mother's sub-clan were allowed to work in the top jobs. The SNM as well as the SSDF were feeling that it was unfair that a country were everybody was supposed to be equal, was treating everybody - with the exception of the president's sub-clan - as second class citizens.

Meiji, to be honest with you Somaliland is better off seceding because, although we aren't any different to the rest of Somalia, we can't even have any sort of power sharing and treat each other equally, so tell me how can we share a country if we can't share it equally amongst each other?

Meiji   

Cabdi-case,

The question is not been better off or not. The question is on what grounds do they espouse secessionism?

The 1st picture shows a young boy been ''educated'' about the meaning of the monument. The momument is seemingly built to commemorate those who have perished during the bombing of the city by the dictatorial regime of Barre. On the monument there is a SOmaliland flag and someone who is defending the people who are bombed. From that monument I can deduct that a few opportunists want to abuse and mis-intrepret the awfull bombing of the cities and massacre of its inhabitants to fit in their selfish political program: secessionism.

Hence, why I invite all those supporters of ''Somaliland'' to come in here and explain on what grounds they support secession.

Is it because of the atrocities committed? Is it because of un-equal sharing and representation within Somalia? Is it because of what happened after 1991, namely the civil war and their desire to save themselves from the blooddy civil war?

What are the reasons exactly? More, importantly what is the main ground on which one espouses secessionism?

Originally posted by cabdi-case:

quote: i think imust be the only somalilander in the world who does not want secede like a bunch of fools. then again i was not born with qabeel mentality like some others.

god i hate seccessionism.
the country was destoyed the moment the snm decided to attack somalia from eithopia . yes the same eithopia which the country went to war with to regain back our lands.

Somali Pirate
, As a fellow somalilander I accept your opinion that you are a unionist, but what I don't agree with you is the bit in bold about the day somalia was destroyed. In my opinion somalia was destroyed when our president - who at first treated everybody equal - decided only his sub-clan and mother's sub-clan were allowed to work in the top jobs. The SNM as well as the SSDF were feeling that it was unfair that a country were everybody was supposed to be equal, was treating everybody - with the exception of the president's sub-clan - as second class citizens.

Meiji
, to be honest with you Somaliland is better off seceding because, although we aren't any different to the rest of Somalia, we can't even have any sort of power sharing and treat each other equally, so tell me how can we share a country if we can't share it equally amongst each other?
sosiad barre filled all the top positions with his clan. big frakin deal. there are ways to convey your displeasure rather than attacking the somali army and people from eithopia of all places.

the moement snm started to fight the country from our biggest enemy is the day somalia become broken in to pieces.

why was eithopia so happy to allow snm to use it's land to fight somalia? so that dumb somalis could do eithopia's job for it. the job of destroying somalia forever.