Sign in to follow this  
rudy-Diiriye

does Islam permit suicide attacks??

LuCkY   

AsaLaamu ALaikum,

Rudy I am not gonna give you a straight answer simpLy because I cant.

We ALL know that KILLING is HARAM.We ALL know AN EYE FOR EYE.

Ask yourseLves this, what wouLd you do if your famiLy is getting murdered?

End of discussion. Charisma Agreed.

PEace :D !

Originally posted by rayaana:

DEVILS ADVOCATE

what does the word sucide bomber mean to you and what implication do you get as soon as you hear it??? Arabs, muslims palestenians etc

So you cannot say you even know the real meaning of it and what it implys when you have been totally brainwashed by CNN and other amrican media that have given the word to be directed straight at the muslims when what they are doing is nothing but invading smaller countries.....

First, let me laugh *lol*. Second, let me see if I understand this correctly: You ask what does the word suicide bomber mean to me, then you tell me what that word means to me. Then you further assume that I am brainwashed. Your post is illogic. It simply does not make any sense. You make so many assumptions that if one is proven wrong, you're whole argument would fall apart.

But like I have stated earlier, this is not about politics...

Mujahida   

Asalamalaykum

blowing yourself up is completely and utterly different to going into an army on your own fighting..

in one situation, you die at your own hands..

in the other you die at the hands of the enemy, whilst fighting them.

Allah(swt) clearly lays out the conditions of fighting "those who fight you"..and I have not read anywhere in the Quran or Sunnah that killing yourself i.e DYING AT YOUR OWN HANDS.. is permissible if the even if the intention is to kill "the enemy". So far all the half-heated attempts at justification on this thread I have read have been really disappointing and tiresome.

Yet the Quran.. speaks for itself... as clear as day..

and lets not pretend half of the person's intention isn't to kill himself.. he wants to die as much as he wants to kill "the enemy".. because he thinks thats matyrdom and wants his cosy place in Jannah right? but he dies at HIS OWN HANDS..

Tell me how that ISN'T destruction at your own hands.. and I want to see Quran or Sunnah or nothing please. Because these flimsy excuses don't stand up, I'm afraid.

And slay them wherever ye catch them, and turn them out from where they have Turned you out; for tumult and oppression are worse than slaughter; but fight them not at the Sacred Mosque, unless they (first) fight you there; but if they fight you, slay them. Such is the reward of those who suppress faith.

But if they cease, Allah is Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful.

And fight them on until there is no more Tumult or oppression, and there prevail justice and faith in Allah; but if they cease, Let there be no hostility except to those who practise oppression.

The prohibited month for the prohibited month,- and so for all things prohibited,- there is the law of equality. If then any one transgresses the prohibition against you, Transgress ye likewise against him. But fear Allah, and know that Allah is with those who restrain themselves.

And spend of your substance in the cause of Allah, and make not your own hands contribute to (your) destruction; but do good; for Allah loveth those who do good.

(Quran 2:190-195)

if you read the first verse, you will see the mention of "fighting in the cause of Allah" ..and then this is echoed in the last verse quoted above,(to emphasize the "subject" of these verses.. i.e fighting jihaad).. where Allah(swt) says spend of your wealth in the "cause of Allah" and then "make not your own hands contribute to your destruction!" but instead do GOOD, for Allah(swt) loves those who do good.

Think about this people.. it is SO CLEAR..

Allah(swt) is saying spend of your wealth in His way.. for jihaad.. but do not cast yourselves to destruction..

it doesn't take a genius to apply this to the modern day situation.. yes the Muslims are poor in Palestine etc.. but Allah(swt) is telling us to invest in jihaad, invest.. spend our wealth in the cause.. i.e don't resort to that which is wrong (suicide) but instead work on building up resources, building armies, building weapons... invest your wealth in that.. but do not cast yourselves to destruction!

SO CLEAR.

why are there any differences of opinion on this..? the Quran deals with the issue in these 6 verses.

Paragon   

Originally posted by rayaana:

So you cannot say you even know the real meaning of it and what it implys when you have been totally brainwashed by CNN and other amrican media....

...."The New York Times reported today that the Pentagon’s Office of Strategic Influence is “developing plans to provide news items, possibly even false ones, to foreign media organizations†in an effort “to influence public sentiment and policy makers in both friendly and unfriendly countries.â€

Source: http://www.fair.org/activism/osi-propaganda.html

by rayaana: In American Media it's called SELECTION AND OMISSION. 95% of amerca didn't know how many children in Palestinee Iraq Afghanistan are dying from American and ISlaraeli Weapons and you don't target their promotion of racial genocide.

".....The OSI was created shortly after September 11 to publicize the U.S. government’s perspective in Islamic countries and to generate support for the U.S.’s “war on terror.†This latest announcement raises grave concerns that far from being an honest effort to explain U.S. policy, the OSI may be a profoundly undemocratic program devoted to spreading disinformation and misleading the public, both at home and abroad. At the same time, involving reporters in Pentagon disinformation puts the lives of working journalists at risk."...

Source: http://www.fair.org/activism/osi-propaganda.html

By rayaana: Anyways, are you implying that Jihad is haram ??? are you defaming the laws of which Islam is based??? And who gave you the position to pin point whats halaal and whats haram. No scholor in his highest degree or experience has been given the right to state whats haram or halaal unless of that which has already been prescribed by ALLAH

Right! I see no 'logical fallacies' in Rayaana's post though. How come :confused: Strange, isn't it? :D

The flaws in her argument is that she derived conclusions based on assumption.

Assumption #1: Stating my position with the American/Isreal vs Palestinian conflict. Truth: I did not discuss that in my posts. I was speaking from an Islamic POV.

Assumption #2: She suggests that I have something against Jihad. Who is talking about Jihad? Forget that JIhad has different meanings to different people. I, DA/OPI, did not utter the word Jihad nor implied.

Yeah, her whole argument is flawed because its solely based on assumptions that aren't even TRUE!

J11, you are backing up her evidence....evidence that might be true based on her assumptions, but nonetheless, why does it matter? her assumptions are in correct.......

Paragon   

I have backed her with evidence not because I was necessarily interested in your point of view, however, I do agree with her comment regarding the manipulated general view of the American public. Read about Gramsci's creation of common-sense thru consent and corcion. The theory can be perfectly applied to the American Public.

I watched an excellent documentary on TV recently about the palestian/isreali situation- "The Fence" by Alexander Trudeau. The young man spends time with 2 families, Palestinian and Isreali, divided by a fence. He examines both their situations in an unbiased view. The truth was aired on national t.v., I couldn't believe it. Anyway, as I watched this film I tried to examine the psychology of the palestinians. Young pple were featured and had alot to say. I came to the conclusion that they have no HOPE that their situation would improve. Their spirits are broken. I even wondered, where's their spiritual connection. Don't you realize that it is Allah who gives you strength when u turn to him. That hope is a sign on your reliance on the Almighty. I keep wondering, why are the palestinians suffering? What will they get out of this, when will it all end, how long must they go on like this? I believe the answer lies in them. I believe that Allah will inspire them to go about this the RIGHT way. I pray for their success, for their success is our success. We should never stop caring for them. But we should never support them in wrong.