Sign in to follow this  
rudy-Diiriye

does Islam permit suicide attacks??

Bambina   

Salam Alaykum ,

Like DA ,if Im talking from an Islamic perspective ,I believe suicide bombings are haraam ,partly because you harm your body and you kill civilians in the process.

I do sympathize with the Palestinians and maybe there have no choice left other than to blow themselves.But again , there are always options ,remember what our prophet Muhamed(PBUH) went through to spread his message? Did Allah once command him and his followers to kill Makkah civilians in retaliation ? No ,instead,they were asked to forgive.

Palestinians should defend themselves when attacked and expelled from their homes ,but there are certain rigorous conditions required such as not harming civilians.I truly think that blowing yourself wouldnt automatically grant you Heaven , Allah only is the judge.

You might say its easy for me to say this since Im not in the middle of the Israeli-Paleatinian conflict ,but in fact its not.It would have been wonderful if the chosen people of the book got along ,but as you all know ,we dont live in an utopian world.

My final word is that Muslims should openly debate the question of suicide bombings ,without the fear of being accused of collaborating with the States or the Jews because that would be Bush's ironically similar message that you are either with America or against it.

Peace be upon the world :cool:

Salma   

Bombing others is Haram, true

Suiciding is Haram too, very true

What civilians are we talking about here? The Israelis in Palestine, 4 god sake do you call these criminals civilians. These bloody monsters, they don’t deserve any mercy or patience. They have to be burned and burried alive. Those Vampires who are sucking the Palesitnean’s bloods.

DA, Are you against Suicding cause its REALLY HARAM or cause its embarrassing the other Muslims around the globe?. Because there are some muslims who don’t care about the situation in Palestine but all what they care is their political or financial situation. If you are against the Suiciding cause you believe its really against the Islamic Teachings, then we can discuss the question here cause we are really concerned for our palestinean brothers and for to liberate the Holly Lands of Palestine.

Israelis took the land by force and what had been taken by force can be retrieved only by force. I can expect some ppl now who will see me as a terrorist or an exterimist.

Please, don’t tell me there are many ways to liberate Palestine by the Rosy flowers, Peace Agreements, kissy-kissy faces and shaking hands. Do you think the palestineans would have mind if the Israelis live between them and share them the country in peade and harmony. But unfortunately, those Isareli criminals want to took the Palestineans' land by force, destroyed the sacred mosque, burned the Holly Book, killed the innocent children, extracted the plants and ruined their proberities.

The Israli's intentions are evil and black. They don’t want you alive, also they want to extend their lands and overtake Jordania, Iraq, Egypt, Syria and Lebanon. Till Iran, KSA and the rest of the Islamic World.

If they call themselves poor and innocent Civilians, yakhy let them leave Palestine and go back to their countries wherever they came from: Fromer-USSR, France, Italy, USA, UK or the Hell. They already have countries why they have to invade and steal others’ lands. Just to have another country. And when they get punished they claimed they are civilians and have children.

Suiciding is haram but tell me who helped the Palestineans and offered them another option? Who supported them and faced Israel which is growing by the support of USA and the Word while the Palestineans are called “Terroristâ€just because they are saving the 2nd Holliest land for the Muslims after Mekka? What’s going on people?

The Al Aqsa Mosque is getting destroyed and it was burned twice before, Muslims are not uniting or understaning each others & our enemies are increasing. Without those brave palestineans kids, you wouldn’t hear ever about a Nation called ‘Palestineans’. They would have become (another Red Indians).

Muslims who are not co-operating, helping, supporting and uniting with each others are the real Haram Doers. Muslims who pushed their Palestineans brothers into this road are the reason behind this. IF they have united and helped each others as per our Islamic Teachings we wouldn’t have reach this hopless situation.

May Allah guide us all to his right path.

Salam

OG_Girl   

clasique, Well said . except I wouldn't tell all this to pro-Americans..lol

I would rather to tell them ,this is my land you came from where ever it is,Inashallah mn jahanam ALL I care just leave, just the way you came. I wouldn't use Islam cause these they don't understand it. I prefere to speak with them the language they understand... an aye for an aye and the one started is wrong.

About the Iraq also I would say same, NO one asked America to play world's police and spread their Democracy,as much as I hate Saddam that wont let me have less hate toward Bush and his co.

Let us talk their language and NOT involve the Islam... the war in Iraq is illegal accourding internationl Law and they have to tell their boofoon I mean their citizens the truth which is they have to face consiquences for they accupation in Iraq.

I totally understand where DA caming from , I also understand Western Muslims frustration, Any thing happens in Middle east effect them , they wont say Arab did such crime and such they go striagh and Say Muslim doin such and such.

Well, America using tactic which means killing 2 birds with one stone... making Islam bad and get their intrest .

Every one knows this war NOTHING to do with Islam or Muslims...Is plain intrest, America here to protect her intrest which is Oil during increasing need of energy in west and money they getting here Most Arabs in middle east where helping America cause their intrest just met.

America helping ALL this dictatorship leaders in midle-east (specially Saudians).

ALL this reasons ordinary midle eastern hates America not only they supporting Israel but they supporting these Dictatorship Leaders for their own INTREST just like they used to help Saddam when he was fighting with Iran.But since he had NO brain to use and he took gurantee that America will help him any thing he will do in the future . his biggest mistake was invating KUWAIT 1990...here America's intrest with Sadam's intrest conflict ... suddenlly Saddam became Terrorist and muslim extremist who is danger for American's civilization!!.Wasn't muslim or maybe they did not know he was one!! when he gassed Kurdish!!.

I don't like to simplize things...is just plain politics and aconomic plus contrling third world's natural resources.

Hating Muslims or Islam is just beside the point.

PS: Brother Salafi easy , I was just making fun of you..lol NOT Cause I can't defend my beliefs and wanted your help.

I just think there is NO Islam and Western war as Media in western like to tell their citizens . So ALL I wanted was to get your books and explain DA your salafi point of view. Is that crime??? As I explained normal Midle-eastern citizen point of view.

Salam

So ALL I wanted was to get your books and explain DA your salafi point of view. Is that crime???

It is upon the one who speaks in this matter, or any other matter, that He should only do so based upon the knowledge and the truth: and that his objective should be sincerity to Allaah, to His Book, to His Messenger and the giving of sincere advice to his Muslim brothers. But if he makes the truth accord with his own whims and desires, then this will corrupt and ruin the hearts, the actions, and the state of affairs. Allaah, the Most High said,

"And if the truth were to be in accordance with their desires, then indeed the heavens and the earth - and all that is therein -would be corrupted and ruined." [Al-Mu`minoon (23): 71]

In My books(quran and sunnah; understood by the Salaf us salih)its a "no no no" my dear sister, i prefer to pitch a pen/rocks and get Blown into pieces then carry out suicide bombing missions; which not only breeds further repression but its neither sanctioned by Allah Tabaraka Wa Ta3ala!

By Allah the palistians and anyone for that matter have not and will not experience the hardships that the messenger of Allah and his companions(S.A.W) endured ! however this does not mean we lay low, its upon the whole muslims ummah to assist and aid the ailing brothers and sisters who have been unjustly oppressed by the offspring of pigs and monkeys(ie Jews)(MAy Allah give them what they deserve)(though i firmly believe everything bad that happends to you its but from your own evil deeds), we must do everything within our ability to relieve our brothers and sisters, yet we must never co-operate upon transgression,

Since A person has killed himself he has not benefited Islaam whatsoever. So if he kills himself along with ten, or a hundred, or two hundred other people, then Islaam will not benefit by that, since the people will not accept Islaam, Rather it will probably just make the enemy more determined, and this action will provoke malice and bitterness in his heart to such an extent that he may seek to wreak havoc upon the Muslims.

This is what is found from the practice of the Jews with the people of Palestine ­ so when one of the Palestinian blows himself up and kills six or seven people, then in retaliation they take sixty or more. So this does not produce any benefit for the Muslims, and does not benefit those amongst whose ranks explosives are detonated.

So what we hold is that those people who perform these suicide (bombings) have wrongfully committed suicide, and that this necessitates entry into Hell-Fire, and Allaah¹s refuge is sought and that this person is not a martyr (shaheed). However if a person has done this based upon misinterpretation, thinking that it is permissible, then we hope that he will be saved from sin, but as for martyrdom being written for him, then no, since he has not taken the path of martyrdom. But whoever performs ijtihaad and errs will receive a single reward

thus this does not mean we believe the palistians are going to Hell, Rather we make excuses for them,and we Pray that Allah Tabaaraka Wa ta'al overlooks their bad deeds and showers his mercy upon them!

"Indeed, whoever (intentionally) kills himself, then certainly he will be punished in the Fire of Hell, wherein he shall dwell forever" [bukhaaree (5778) and Muslim (109 and 110)].

In reality, the one who commits suicide, generally does so because of his desperate situation, either as a direct result of an act of Allaah or a human being. So you find him unable to cope with that which has afflicted him, and in actual fact he is like one who is calling for help from the scorching heat of the fire. So he has progressed from that which was tough (bad) to that which is worse. And if he was patient, then Allaah would have assisted him in dealing with the difficulty.

what we must understand that the believers were and will face many trials and afflictions, Allah the Sublime said,

(which means); " Certainly, We shall test you with fear, hunger, loss of wealth, lives and fruits; but give glad tidings to the patient - those who, when afflicted with calamity say, "Truly to Allah we belong, and truly to Him shall we return." it is those who will be awarded blessings and mercy from their Lord; and it is those who are the guided ones." [ 2:155-157 ]

OG_Girl   

Then give us from your books.and practice what your preach. Doesn't help us your belief if you don't practice them. Or shall we wait till Muslims unite? yab2a 2belny !!bel mech mech :eek: :eek:

The Islam I know says " be with right what ever with Satan or with an angel... Justice most be done with Muslim or none muslim".

I am defending my people regardless of their religion ...even if they are not muslim but still they are Palastinian and the Land is their Land.

So go ahead and defend your religion or you think this is Arab's problems?

In that case I totaly understand.

Arab should defend themselves with belief or not belief. Right doesn't have Religion.

even Athiest knows we have rights to defend our selfs.

Objective!! ooohhhhhh paleeeeeze give me a break!! I can't be objective when my people dying and other so called muslims using Fatwa against us!!

Hepl us and get up and do your part instead blaming these poor people collecting copy and paste Articals..duuuuh

gal objecive ya 3amy 6oz Objective :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

oooops I forgot to pray Aser is almost maghrep... will be qatha :cool:

Salam

Topic: Does Islam permit suicide attacks.

What I said:

"Suicide= haram

Killing civilians= haram

Suicide bombings kill the person with carrying the bomb and civilians. Therefore, suicide bombings are haram."

Yeah, it's simple as 2+2=4. The topic was about Islam and I was speaking in that context. If you, on the other hand, add politics to the mix, then obviously it is going to be extremely complicated.

this is what you said OG Girl:

"So when you ask us to condemn suicide bombers, we say Ok, but do you condemn what the Israeli army has been doing for 50 years with an American weapons with Blessing"

What does one have to do with the other? Are you saying that if someone is against the methods of suicide bombing, then they must be pro-Isreali? Hon, I can sympathize allday with the Palestinians, but at the end of the day, its up to Allah what He will do with the people that took that route. But from the Islam that I have been taught, it is HARAM to kill yourself, and if you are to wage war, you must not target civilians.

Obviously right now, you have this frustration with America, but the topic of this thread was about Islam and suicide bombings, and if I'm not mistaken, you opened this thread? I kept my point simple, because I know it can get and will get messy like it just did. Please do not involve me in this political web about America and Isreal, cuz I just don't have the time of patience to start this debate.

My final word is that Muslims should openly debate the question of suicide bombings ,without the fear of being accused of collaborating with the States or the Jews because that would be Bush's ironically similar message that you are either with America or against it.

Love you for that!

DA, Are you against Suicding cause its REALLY HARAM or cause its embarrassing the other Muslims around the globe?.

gee, I don't know what you are inferring here. I am so not even gonna go there with you. However, I will say this: No, I am against suicide bombings cuz its in the Koran for us.

I don't know whether to :rolleyes: at some folks or just go :eek: .........I just don't get the logic of it all!

OG_Girl   

DA, you just want your kind of logic.

does make perfect sense and logic to me.

You can say is Haraam till end of the world BUT Will that stop them?

yeah, will stop them if America and Israel leave midle-east.

A lot to do with other dear. If you kill my parents I wont kill you only , I would revenge from your kids too .I will not wait and say

" oooh let me think is halal or Haraam"!!

By the way, I did not say is Islam...If you go google.com..you find ALL kind of fatwas, I don't like it cause is NOT my kind of logic :D

I post here if you back to my first post in this topic that fatwa from Azhar leader.

All other comments where "our" point of view which America failled to understand.

you are free to disagree and I told you I understand you very well.

That is why I was telling NOTHING to do with Islam. these people don't think about Islam when they do that is out of emoinal and anger cause of the unjustice.

PS: We don't call them "suicide attacks or suide Bomb" we call them in our Media term " mytyr bombers" :cool: ...blame Aljazeera....loooooool

Edit: I know you don't care if America is here or Israel took Palastian Land is beside the point for "you" . For me is the point and whole point , And important for you what "Allah's: says ..yeah I know :cool:

Salam

OG_Girl   

Bombing others is Haram, true

Suiciding is Haram too, very true

LOL@Clasique. The question was is "Suice Bambing Haram"?

Together one word .....loooooooooool

Salam

i take it we all agree that killing the innocent is haraam. thats good. i agree too

If you kill my parents I wont kill you only , I would revenge from your kids too .I will not wait and say

" oooh let me think is halal or Haraam"!!

true say, if some1 killed ma kid, boy - oooh boy, i would kill their whole bloody nation.

isnt my kid innocent, like OG said, an eye for an eye, innocent civillians for innocent civilians.

i cant judge the actions of those in the middle east till i put myself intheir shoes...and to be honest no matter how hard i try to imagine/sympathies...i will never be able to fully comprehend their suffering, my views of the world too clouded by the media and propagandas of the west.

Taqwa   

Assalamu Alaikum Wr WB,

OG, Walaal I think the point the sister is trying to get across is that suicide is HARAM without actually involving politics in it. "EVEN" if you where to bring politics in it, then it is still HARAM. Suicide isn't a way to win hearts or support but rather there is one less muslim in this dunya every time it is committed. Thus, Imagine if we all committed suicide to support the Falistine's, how many muslims would be left to spread Allah's word? Not many walaal. May Allah have mercy on those that have taken such action.

Cheers,

Taqwa

OG_Girl   

Taqwa, We understood the sister very well.

We just showing her other side of the story.

The problem she and other call "suicide bomber which is Haraam and I say is Haraam.

"But IN Palastine , "This is not suicide, it is martyrdom in the name of God, as This is not suicide, it is martyrdom in the name of God.

as Sheikh Yusuf Al-Qaradawi said on TV show and he always explain it".

I repeat Suicide is Haraam BUT This is not suicide, it is martyrdom in the name of God. .

Here I think we understood each other :cool: :cool:

PS: SISTER TAQWA, We don't need too many muslims , we just need quality icon_razz.gif

here the link :

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/newsnight/3875119.stm

Salam

Jumatatu   

Probably if we were not living in the west where we are continuosly fed by their media describing the 'killing of innocent civilians' by suicide bombers we would have had a different impression and understanding. For example if we were exposed daily to the killing of innoncent civilians by Israeli tanks, helicopters, planes and troops.

On any norm and logical point one will disregard suicide bombings as haram, but in the case of Palestine and now Iraqi you have to evaluate what brought about it and whether there is alternative.

Simly for the case of Palestine and Chechneya civilians are no better than other civilians. But because one is using conventional weapons it is called fight against terrorism and the other is using suicide bombings it is called terrorist and inhumane. As we speak Tanks are killing people and destrying houses and tearing families apart in Gaza. Now dare tell me or convince me that the repercussions of these people are haram.

Lets not mince our words as said by Sheikh Yusuf Al-Qaradawi "This is not suicide, it is martyrdom in the name of God."

NGONGE   

JUMA,

I don’t want to get dragged into an Islamic discussion here because as you’ve already seen in this thread, people are mixing man-made politics and logic with faith. However, I felt I needed to finish your last sentence:

Lets not mince our words as said by Sheikh Yusuf Al-Qaradawi "This is not suicide, it is martyrdom in the name of God."

When he gave this Fatwa, he went into great details explaining why he did and what were the reasons he thought these guys were martyrs. One of these was the fact that All Israelis are required by law to do their national service (18 months or so of Army service). He reasoned that there is no such thing as an Israeli civilian. His Fatwa was specific to the Palestinian suicide bombers. It was not a general, fit-for-all Fatwa as far as I remember.

I might be wrong of course and I might have misunderstood him. If I did, hope someone will correct me and Allah will forgive me.

PS

The guy who started this thread may at this point decide to change the title to “ What is your opinion of Suicide Bombing†instead of the current and very misleading title.

Over and out.

Jumutu Walaal Suicide bombing is Haram whether you kill an innocent person or an Armed combatant, either way your taking your own life; this is not acceptable in islam! Because the kufar have exceed all bounds does not mean we should break the sanctions of Allah to get even!

"But IN Palastine , "This is not suicide, it is martyrdom in the name of God, as This is not suicide, it is martyrdom in the name of God.

Which GOD, Allah?!? Allah said the following

"And do not kill yourselves. Surely, Allaah is Most Merciful to you. And whoever commits that through aggression and injustice, We shall cast him into the Fire, and that is easy for Allaah", [soorah an-Nisaa, Aayaat 29-30]

the palistians or anyone who performs suicide missions, are they not eventually the ones who take their own lives? Death is brought through their own hands!Hence killing themselves!

OG girl I thought it as not about religion, your argument was from a political point view, wasn’t it(ofcourse politics is part of islam; there are inseparable)? But now they’re doing for the Sake of GOD, your argument has suddenly changed!

At any rate, if it’s based on Religion then Allah does not sanction suicide bombing nor does his messenger(saw) nor do those who follow him in righteousness, I have already explained why suicide bombing is not permissible from the Islamic perspective! So before you say it’s for the sake of Allah, please rebut my first post!

OG if u wish u can disregard the above, however you will not find a single dalil(prove) that Suicide of any kind, wheter is for self defend or apart from that is found in the holy scripture or authentic ahadith!

NGONGE   

Salafi, brother, hold your raging horses a minute and read my words slowly. I don’t pass fatwas of any kind here. Whenever I feel the need to do so, I cut and paste the Fatwas of those who are more knowledgeable than me. While making it very clear that these are not my words and that I trust in their superior knowledge (and I still add the words “wallaho aclam†at the end of it).

If we were talking about medicine, physics, chemistry or even History we never dare to talk with total conviction and knowledge unless it was our specialist field. Why do we feel the need to believe that just because we are Muslim, we have the right to issue Fatwas that we read somewhere without totally understanding how the original writer reached his final verdict? Raxima Allah emri’en Carif Qadra Nafsah, Akhi.

Juma, as I said, Dr Yusuf gave his verdict on such a practise after a lot of thought and deliberation. It was a longer “Fatwa†than the two lines you posted and it would have been really nice and helpful if you could find it and post it in its entirety. If for nothing else, only so you give the words of the man as they were so nobody else would take them out of context after reading your (correct by the way) line. Thanks, brother.

Edit:

It’s either I’m growing old and senile or you’ve edited your post Salafi and added the name of the poster you meant at the start of it. If not, forgive me and ignore my words if you deem them harsh in anyway. :D