Sign in to follow this  
Meiji

Taking the Higher Moral Ground: No response to Mortar attack

Fabregas   

^^ I don't believe there is an apolitical Muqdisho or any other Somali society. Most people support the faction which they believe serves the best interests of their clan. The Somalis in your posts are too nice, almost unreal, sxb. I say Somalia is back to 2006 because:

1.There is government which was created outside of the country

2.Most of the country is different Islamist fiefdoms.

3.As usual, the newly created government has a huge opposition to face.

4. Ethiopia is rearming warlord again.

Meiji   

Originally posted by Abu_Diaby- Al Zeylaci:

^^ I don't believe there is an apolitical Muqdisho or any other Somali society. Most people support the faction which they believe serves the best interests of their clan.

According to your logic, one supports the faction which one believes to serve the interest of one's clan.

What faction do you support and does that faction serve the interest of your clan?

Just curious..

Fabregas   

^^ Bro, I support whoever does and rules by the consent of the SOmali people. I said most Somalis support( not all :D ) what faction they Even the wadad groups are said to represent various Somali clans and areas. It makes sense, though somtimes it can get ugly, when it is used in the wrong area.

Thierry, boss man, I am confident that it will not come to that.

So far, the Sharif's strategy seems to be working. His peacebuilding initiatives are geared in the right direction because he started where the core of the human security lies and thats with the community. He is definitely adopted an initiative that closely resembles the Canadian national strategy for Afghanistan.

I have to emphasize that the national strategy of Canada for Afghanistan came at a price, one in which a group of people, civilians, military conducted extensive research for the nation which ultimately reversed Canada's course of action towards Afghanistan and our Man SSA is taking similar approach in relatively short period of time.

Key elements of a national community peacebuilding strategy include:(excerpts of the strategy in place for Afghanistan)

1)phased capacity building throughout the country;

2)peace-building taught in all schools and incorporated into teacher training;(this will come soon enough with the establish of education institutions, which the sharif is more intimate with)

3)awareness raising initiatives, at national and local levels.

All in all, SSA is in engaged in the most important element of the security phase. In it, he is put the motions to place, established contact and he is already building the groundwork for peace all while he was being bombed at by factions of the opposition group. SSA engagement with the community, the tribal elders, the various opposition figures etc. He not only understands what needs to be done but he knows how to go about getting it done. He started with the basics and indeed thats the way to start, from bottom up and not the old routine of top down approach that many international communities have come to engage in when it comes to peace initiatives.(folks like abuu detest the old approach)

1.There is government which was created outside of the country

2.Most of the country is different Islamist fiefdoms.

3.As usual, the newly created government has a huge opposition to face.

4. Ethiopia is rearming warlord again.

Your list seems to be diminishing ya Abuu, Ya "enemy of somalia" icon_razz.gif .