Sign in to follow this  
Cilmi

To: Southners....Somaliland people had overwhelmly voted 97% to statehood.

Baashi   

Gediid, Odayaasha do agree with that qoute.

Those who think I fabricated this, check it for urself http://memory.loc.gov/frd/cs/sotoc.html then go to Consolidation of colonial rule. Or simply try to name one single project of regional importance that Britain carried out during its unjust rule. The only thing I can think of is Sheikh and Boorame schools. I could be wrong but help me out here.

I was refuting the assertion that ex-Northern officers were marginalized because they were from North or they were unhappy cuz of unity. I say they were unhappy cuz South dominated the political discourse. The reason being that the 67% of population resided there; South had an opportunity to develop civil institutions during the 10 yrs of self-rule under UN trusteeship; and it had better infrastructure than the North.

BTW don't start a debate and expect everyone will agree with ur premise. And plz don't take it personal it is just a forum.

BN   

Anyone who thinks 97% voted for seperation is delusional :rolleyes: It's unrealistic and improbable.

BTW isn't it the same corrupt government(UDUB) that conduct the rigged elections as well ;) Ironic.

India   

LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Walahi these southerners are somthing.

So now am some one else (Sam-Gyrl), victimised, traumatised and the list can go on and on and on.

But my q is who has issues--those who cry at the mention of Somaliland or someone who states fact ;) -moi-???

YA AKHWAAN, lE SITUATION EST TRES SIMPLE. jE SUIS SOMALILANDER. AND THOSE WHO DONT LIKE IT CAN BASCICALLY LUMP IT.

HORN AND BAASHI, THE GREATEST FABRICATORS: EVEN IF I WAS TO CONCEDE TO YOUR LIL TELL TALES OF FABRICATED HISTORY , I DARE YOU TO SAMPLE THE PRESENT AND SHOW ME SOMTHING OF RECENT HISTORY THAT PRESENTS SOMALIA IN A POSITIVE LIGHT

??? jUST THE ONE WILL DO???

ISN'T ENOUGH THAT YOU HAVE BEEN SAVAGELY KILLING EACH OTHER FOR THE PAST TEN YRS, THAT WORLD HAD TO COME AND FEED YOU AND THAT AFTER SO MANY FAILED FOREIGN ELECTED PPRESIDENTS YOU STILL DONT HAVE A GOVERNMENT. WHERE ARE THESE SO CALLED MEN OF SOMALIA?

THEREFORE WOULD YOU NOT AGREE IT IS UNDERGRADUATE TO TRY AND REDICULE SOMALILAND WHEN THE JOKE IS REALLY ON YOU GUYS :confused:

TWO MORE NOTES, BAASHI ARE YOU CONTESTING THAT SOMALILANDER/NORTHERNERS HAVE ALWAYS BEEN THE MOST EDUCATED, LITERATE AND BY FAR THE WEALTHEST OF THE FORMER SOMALIA??? AS A GROWN MAN, I THINK IT IS UNFITTING TO EVEN INSINUATE OTHERWISE. :mad:

SHUJI (sp?) AND OTHERS IF YOU THINK AM SAMI-GIRL, I WILL LEAVE THIS ONE TO THE MODERATORS WHO WILL BE ABLE TO CHECK CREDENTIALS AND ADVISE YOU ACCORDINGLY ;) bUT BIG UP TO THE SISTER/BROTHERS FOR SHE/HE SURELY HAD YOU RUNNING.

SOMALIA TRY N KEEP UP

DARE N CATCH UP

PEACE

DUSTY

N.O.R.F   

maan dont even get me started!!!!!!!

The level of hypocracy coming from the pro-unification crew is amazing.

As Bashi put it :"southerners gradually came to dominate the new state's economic and political life--a hegemony that bred a sense of betrayal and bitterness among northerners"

1) The concentration of business and commerce in the south meant that southerners dominated the economics of somalia while at the same time imprisoning wealthy northern business men who had enough clout to be able to influence certain markets.

2) The political life dominated by the south was straight up DICTATORSHIP

aint gonna get into another pointless argument (i think the faraxs in the merfish have more sense and passion about our homeland than many on here)

ps my house is in order, is yours?????

thought so!

India   

One more point on being Sami-Gyrl, I am not however am delighted as they say " Great minds think alike".

Peace

Dusty.

Rakim   

The only 97% who voted are from one single Clan and they're those who are spreading their probaganda and self interest through the name of British Somaliland in order to get a big bite when the real Somali government is established.

There's nothing between South and North but the question is who's a Somalilander and where does the local institution and administration of Somaliland runs other than a single clan backyard. If the whole regions of North of Somalia united as one, they've a legitimate case to present to the southern of Somalia or the international community. But since that's not the real case, I wonder why some of you are bringing up the issue of British-Italian.

Besides if one single clan can fulfill their demands of separation, why not others.

Baashi   

Angel_dust said "

TWO MORE NOTES, BAASHI ARE YOU CONTESTING THAT SOMALILANDER/NORTHERNERS HAVE ALWAYS BEEN THE MOST EDUCATED, LITERATE AND BY FAR THE WEALTHEST OF THE FORMER SOMALIA??? AS A GROWN MAN, I THINK IT IS UNFITTING TO EVEN INSINUATE OTHERWISE.

No. Mansha'allah allaha u siyaadiyo. I haven't done a head count but I have to concede to u that I've seen many educated folks from that region.

Northerner, bro u missed the point. I'm not defending the nepotism and other misdeeds practiced by the successive former administrations...right up to the military junta. I was refuting one point in Cilmi's long article and that is the ex-officers who attempted the coup...the reason was a southern officer was posted as thier boss cuz he had academic credentials while the Northern replaced had none other than experience. That is the specifics of that event...now prove me wrong! In general the South had had more opportunities than North whether that is economic, political, etc. BTW U qoute me as if it was mine...it was a qoute.

Look we are obviously in disagreement on the issue of secession. The problem here is the pro-secessionist camp kept bringing forth premises they can't back up...in our faces! And when challenged or refuted they make it personal or accuse others hate, jealousy, etc. Their only challenge is get urs in order! meaning solve all the problems the rest of Somalia have...as if we r the decision makers sitting in a formal meeting representing 2 camps. BTW the North West had its disputes. We r not in a position to alter or change the facts on the ground. We are only commentators looking in from outside. This is just a forum nothing more than that. The only thing is that u r finding out that any premise colored by emotion rather than reason or realism will be challenged and refuted in SOL forum.

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

" Great minds think alike".

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They sure do

looooooooooooooool hey Horn what can i say i guess these 2 bring out the best in you and me alike smile.gif .

We r not in a position to alter or change the facts on the ground. We are only commentators looking in from outside.

We r not in a position to alter or change the facts on the ground. We are only commentators looking in from outside
. This is just a forum nothing more than that. The only thing is that u r finding out that any premise colored by emotion rather than reason or realism will be challenged

i have to say i agree whole heartedly.

Gediid   

Baashi said

I was refuting one point in Cilmi's long article and that is the ex-officers who attempted the coup...the reason was a southern officer was posted as thier boss cuz he had academic credentials while the Northern replaced had none other than experience.

Baashi maanta uun baad is qarxisey.The very same Northern officers you are talking about were a group of young Sandhurst educated military officers led by Allah U Naxariiste Hassan Keyd.Sandhurst if I am right is the most prestigious military academy in the UK....more like the West Point of the USA.Is that what you call uneducated mise too educated???

Now coming back to your earlier comment that the North lacked far behind....thats not the fact.Every Somali knows that at the time of independence there was a huge disparity in terms of education between the South and the North.Till upto 1974 when the government of Siad Barre forcibly changed the educational system in the North to use Somali as the median of instruction,the South was way far behind.

I think when you wrote that article you saw too far into the "Dittore or Engineere" that is prevalent in the South as real titles.Waar waa kaftan ee title dhab ah maaha.

;););)

Baashi   

Gediid,

Heheheeeee smile.gif "Dittore or Engineere" that they do...no doubt. I've witnessed an incident where a new employee was unable to perform his task...we were called to calm down the situation. This Somali guy claimed on his resume (he cooked his resume btw) that he is an expert on a printing 'press' machine. When I asked him how come he does not have a clue how to operate the damn machine. He replied waar annigu kuwan aqaaneey Germany baa lagu sameeyey.

Back to ur post...I got the info I posted from this site http://memory.loc.gov/frd/cs/sotoc.html in 'problems of national integration' chabter the fourth paragraph. If u have any thing to refute about that then have ur quarrel with the authors of that book.

Dissatisfaction at the distribution of power among the clanfamilies and between the two regions boiled over in December 1961, when a group of British-trained junior army officers in the north rebelled in reaction to the posting of higher ranking southern officers (who had been trained by the Italians for police duties) to command their units. The ringleaders urged a separation of north and south. Northern noncommissioned officers arrested the rebels, but discontent in the north persisted.

Maxaanse qarsaneyey oo aan is ku qarxiyey?

AYOUB   

Baashi

They were unhappy cuz the south dominated the political discourse

It is progress that you broke ranks and admitted that northerners were 'marginalised'. However, i do not agree with the excuses you gave for the 'margilisation', because not all northerners were excluded from government and other sections of society. Here is a few points which might give us a clue to the real reasons some notherners were 'marginalised'.

1. Some notherners were dubbed 'wakaalada' by southerners because of their efficiency as civil servants and domonating presence in every government departments.

2. The northerners who were denied high posts in the early Somali Republic governments were highly qualified compared to their counterparts. These men were later jailed by Siad and who saw them as a threat.

3. High posts in the Somali Republic were not gained on merit. The people who got to the top were hardly educated and if anyone doubts this, just look at the ones now known as the 'the warlords'.

Baashi the Brits did little for Somaliland because they were restricted by the protectorate agreements and by the way Somalilanders resisted them as your post clearly states. The three reasons given by your post also clearly show whatever the Italians did in Somalia was out of self-interest. Since no one is asking us to recall the Brits, and you asking us to rejoin the Somali Republic it only fair to ask; WHAT DID THE REPUBLIC DO FOR US?. I am sure you will find that the Republic destroyed what Somaliland had before the union.

CIAO MAMA CIAO

xiis   

Waar ninkan Baashe waa nin xariif ah laakiinse do I detect a bit of revisionist history here saxib. I love the understatement "southerners dominated the political discourse". Duh! Hadaanu meesha wax ku lahayn ma diyaradaa na lagu garaci lahaa, especially with our own tax shilling. Come on u can come up with something better than that.