Sign in to follow this  
Gabbal

The 5 Most Dangerous Somali Warlords

Gabbal   

Grinov don't throw qabyaaladnimo at me. The fact of the matter is (1st) I don't hail from Gedo, I was born in Muqdisho and raised outside of Somalia; and (2nd) I have no problem in bring Gaani, Maslah, and anybody else to trial for their actions. What other insinuations do you have? I daresay none!

Brother don't accuse me of qabiil politics, that's one of the worst accusations anybody can throw at me.

zak99   

HORNAFRIQUIE:

YOU HAD THE ODESITY TO PM ME THIS EMAIL@!! I WOULD MUCH PREFER IF YOU REPLY to me VIA THE FORUMM! THANK YOU SIR. HERE IS YOUR NOTE!!

HornAfrique

Nomad

Member: 1968 posted August 07, 2003 07:36 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Zak if you had wish to ask what clan I am from, you could've just messaged me, but to accuse me of clan politics is one of the things that I most hate in the world!

You did not directly say it, but your accusation did not go unheeded by in the politics section, 5 Most Dangerous Warlords.

My dear brother:

I assure you that I am from the same clan of the late Siad barre, so do not accuse me of clan politics again"]

There was no where in my thread where i ask you your clan! infact, that is least i wanna know about u! i rather know u as a nomad with good point of view. here is my point brother!

through history, there were mass murders! last being the atrocities committed by Slobodan Milosevic and his tugs. guess where his is now? in haque being tried for his war crimes!

howeve, when it to atrocities committed by africans, the world turns a blind eye! why? r we african less of value than europeans or other races? whats the bloody.

my conclusion bro: we students here in Berekely, ca r working on list and will submit to the united nations to enlist these mass murders and bring them to justice! remember, i know they believe that no one is either interested or care what they do is somali. but remember ever dog has his day!!

that said, i know so my tribal memebers and relative are on top of the list.... but i all can say is this: if u take life, the u should pay the price! as the good book say! ce la vie.

salam,

zak

Berekely, ca

i get angry realy when i see that we are actualy sorppoters ans semi-sopprter of warlord in somalia.that realy makes me angry becuase we should have been the strong force behind oposition of warlords.we do not need to differenciate the warlords in somalia all are same and had blood in their hands,we should canpaing to put them in war criminal court,in that way justice can be done. i strongly oppose all the warlord in somalia. i would like to see them in war criminal court and sentence to life in jail.no one can discripe in words what they inflicted to civilian somali people.we must stand against them together.

Zak and hornafrique this is ridiculous, don't you all think there are more important things to argue about than this? We have ummah without an amir even though the prophet forbade it. did he not say a people without an amir is led by shaytan? i can certainly see this is the way you all are behaving. You guys and eeryone here please bury the hatchet and lets start to uplift islaam.

Gabbal   

I don't understand the "odacity" of my mail. Mails are from the one who sent and the one who receives. But if, however, you expected to find some incriminating evidence on me, you've not, far from it you've shown the nomads how far i will go when I'm accused of clan politics!

well! why dont we spicy up the pot and but a price on their heads. hah? let say 50k for anyone

who displays the head of these killers. i cant believe some of us side with these murders just because unfortunately of tribal reasons. remember

if you leave by the sword u do by the sword. and the biggest shame is this. we all claim we r good moslem but if the murder is your keenship, u look

the other way. so we come back to square #1, act like the best moslem in the world but when it comes to our dirty laundary, we all pretend to be

clueless! reality sucks, dont!

..and then Mystery latched to your post with this

Zak99, well said bro,

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

we all claim we r good moslem but if the murder is your keenship, u look

the other way.

HornAfrique,

Though I agree with you the list of names you identified as war criminals I hope you are not excluding ina Salad Boy, because you support him or worse because he's your kinship.

I trully hate clan politics and by sending that post I wanted to clarify that I was not from Abdiqasim's clan and that, that had nothing to do with my being pro-Abdiqasim.

Anyway good day to you brother.

Verily we all are students on this earth and that student whose up is filled shall never be given the honour of being filled... Accepting our mistake and making amends makes us better humans however this ummah has resorted to self rather than ummah. the reason why i responded to bothg of you all is that it would really be nie to understand how your arguments can help the ummah, if he accuses you of something, Maa Sha Allah!!! why do you have to fight it? he is your muslim brother and to fight it would ause you to raise your nafs!!! notied how much times you said "I" or the 1st person singular!

I trully hate clan politics and by sending that post I wanted to clarify that I was not from Abdiqasim's clan and that, that had nothing to do with I being pro-Abdiqasim.[/QB]

The horror of this is that like many muslims in the world today I is more important than we, even though "This ummah constitutes one body. if the arm hurts the leg can feel it as well" Verily the prophet S said that Verily Shaytan has given up all hopes of turning you all away from Allah, however he will cath you in the smaller shirk" and individualism is one of those small shirk. wa fil akhir- One who justifies his mistakes makes another mistake, rather if he repents and accepts wrong he would have opened a new door.

guraad   

Its funny how Horn` said no thing about number one terrorist A/qasim and his terror men in TNG . A/qasim spread teror in merka,barawe and kismayo . i guess Horn` is trying to cover A/qasim`s naked butt and his ugly deeds maybe couse they of same tribe and thats why somalia will never be in peace.

Gabbal   

Guraad have you been picking up on the rumours Cabdulahi Yusuf and his cronies have been instigating against the TNG so the U.S can attack Somalia? That's beneath you brother, and am sorry to see the filth you're bringing in this great forum.

Terrorist? What are you the PR person for the world's great Satan country?

Don't talk about qabyaaladnimo, because I have watched from the sidelines these days as you and some other nomads brought a level of qabiil talks unprecedented since the departure of Samy-Gyrl. You know what I'm talking about.

Atleast the "landers" outright declare their seccession, but a certain group in here give veiled threats in here talking about how their great (Warlord) ruler has the "experience" to control Somalia and that, that he has to become president or else.

Guraad, brother, the last thing we Somalis need is that "experience" and another person to "control" Somalia. Hypocrisy I say, considering how that same group cries Somali Unity, but if only a dying murderer is to take reigns of power.

Bari_Nomad you are excluded from that group.

When I cry Somali Unity, I daresay I mean it with all my heart, without sacrifing our liberty and freedom under another murderous tyrant!

Yusufaddie brother I have great respect for you and understood your point correctly. Thank You.

BN   

Zak,

I think you went too far in posting a personal email from another nomad. Horn was attempting to resolve things with you personally.

Guraad,

Horn has already stated that he is not from C/Qasims clan. I supported C/Qasim during teh 2000 conference in Djibouti-hoping he could bring peace to Somalia. Everyone has their own reasons and shouldn't be accused of clan politics.

Horn,

I suggest you ignore this topic.

This is a very bad topic and I was not going to get involved, however I guess Horn wants to hear the truth but it hurts man it hurts.

It seems Somali’s like to talk about warlords and do it for a political purpose and not for humanitarian or Islamic purposes.

Horn brother who is Abdiqasin salad Hassan? Is he a Dr who fought for the independence of Somalia and struggled for the betterment of the somali’s?

Or was he a member and not by association of the people who destroyed Somlia.

If today Somalia has warlords they came from the school of Mohamed Siyad Barre the father of warlords and the greatest one to ever live in our beloved country.

Abdiqasin and his TNG represent the worst kind of Somali’s claim to be religious but only arms his clan, who occupy MARKA, BARAVA and most of the fertile lands of those with no guns and who happen to be muslim, if that’s propaganda then, go and speak to a person from these towns and ask them.

Abdiqasin has used the money from Islamic organisations and Arab countries donated for the poor of Somalia to strengthen himself and his immediate family, where is the leadership in that? If a sign of a warlord is that he uses the people then Abdiqasin has used them more than any one so far.21 years under SIYAD and now 3 years on his own.

When it comes to killings and murders I recall a fight between Abdiqasin and Huseen Aydeed a couple of years a go where 300 young men and civilians died in Mogadishu near the old port. The three years that has passed Abiqasins forces fought those of OSMAN ATO, MORGANS, the RRA and MUSA SUDI YALAXOWS all these forces where not SOMALI ARMY but his own SUB CLAN. And hundreds of civilians perished at this time, So much for being Somali President.

Abdiqasin sent 65 battle wagons and 400 militias to Kismayu in order to strengthen his clan cousin Colonel Seerar and the JVA in 2002 when he was suppose to bring peace to Somalia he was taking sides with his clan another trait of warlords.

With all his talk of president his actions remind us of his late great mentor the fascist who destroyed our nation Mohamed Siyad Barre. throught his three years The man visited 3 places if you can count Mogadishu and Afgoyee as separate places. The last place was DHUSA MAREB and this is where you guessed it His clan is from.

So dear HORN why so much faith and reference for this clown? Could we assume that this is the closest thing that you have to the late General Siyad Barre? A nostalga back to the days of Kacan when you felt like you was on top of the worls, no need to elaborate.

I really don’t like listening to hypocrisy, I support PUNTLAND and its leader because it makes sense to me because of the stability and development that PUNTLAND has brought and the other choice we have is people like Abdiqasin and that is no choice for PUNTLAND at all.

So Horn with all due respect come out and admit why you support Abdiqasin looking at his track record of 21 years and his abysmal 3 years, the man couldn’t achieve anything he lost all his deputies from Galayr, Abshir Deerow and what 170 out of the 250 MP’s of ARTA original.

So why dear HORN why??????????? :D

Gabbal   

This has trully gone too far. If I were to respond to my dear brother Smithnwestern's post in the initial urge that I felt, then I would have been instigating a war SomaliaOnline's administrators would trully hold despicable and would have ruined the respect that so much people hold for this forum.

I have already defended Abdiqasim in everyway, there is nothing that I can write that wouldn't be repetitious and which would not waste server space. However I would like to say to dear Smith, that he shouldn't always believe the stories dear old grandfather tells him, for obvious reasons.

I support PUNTLAND and its leader because it makes sense to me because of the stability and development

Smith if you were to support anyplace for their development or stability, it would be your immediate neighbor to the west brother.

Abdiqasin sent 65 battle wagons and 400 militias to Kismayu in order to strengthen his clan cousin Colonel Seerar and the JVA in 2002 when he was suppose to bring peace to Somalia he was taking sides with his clan another trait of warlords.

You are trully despicable. What you are trying to hide was the fact that Abdiqasim was right in sending that weaponry for the sake of saving lives!

When General Morgan, and we all know what clan he is from, supported by Ethiopia(Abdulahi Yusuf's best friend and mentor) attacked Kismaayo which was helpless at that time, the two clans that resided there, and two who had previously hated each other, banded as Somalis and withstood the attack thereby repelling Morgan and his clansmen.

I am positive you were happy at the attack and supported it wholeheartedly didn't you Smithy?

code:

As you know the saying goes "the truth is in the pudding."

Dear SmithNWestern I will give you but one day to find any, and I mean any news sources that have any incriminating evidence on Abdiqasim Salad Hassan, and you will give me one day afterword to find any news sources that have any incriminating evidence on Abdulahi Yusuf. We will let the dear members of this great forum decide who is more worthy of supporting.

And dear Smith, I don't want you to mistake news sources as news source and only use allpuntland.com, kapiish?

A quote from you

“You are trully despicable. What you are trying to hide was the fact that Abdiqasim was right in sending that weaponry for the sake of saving lives! .........................................

Its good that you at least admit that he sent the troops the maurauding Minoans of his clan that now occupy Kismayu. So you do agree he was out there to save the interest of the JVA and the lives of his clansmen who occupy Kismayu. ;)

Its funny that he can not send troops to intervene in Madina, or Karan or near his own house, yet he chooses to save the lives of those in Kismayu 500 kilometers away, priorities of the TNG.

Your argument supports my earlier assumption that you support Abdiqasin because of clannish reasons nothing else. To what extent only you can answer.

Let’s move to the next topics, when you make accusations you need to back it up, with testimonies and not what the BBC says, you know the BBC Somali section is run by Abdiqasin’s (clan mate) Yusuf Garad and IRIN is edited by his brother (Abdi Salad). So no rush in publishing from the TNG camp otherwise its ALLPUNTLAND.COM, kapish

If we are siding with Abdiqasin and Abdullahi Yusuf I would like to start the ball roaling with this simple fact. Abdullahi Yusuf was against the Siyad barre regime and was a rebel who fought against that despicable ORDER that tortured, maimed, raped and destroyed Somalia for over 2 decades . Abdiqasin Salad Hassan benefited from that regime, grew rich and famous and lived a plush live, while the religious leaders where killed, while women where raped and cities where raised . Abdiqasin lived of this regime and was senior member and boasts that he was a minister for 21 years he never ever condemned the actions of the regime up till this day.

Let the game begin Oh I don’t need a whole day my friend.

Max’uud Axmed (Kulalihi) “Waxaan ahaa Xildhibaanka keliya ee C/qaasim runta u sheegay maalin ka hor inta aanu Muqdisho aadin.

Nairobi

Xildhibaan Max’uud Axmed (Kulalihi) oo ka mid ah xildhibaanada dowladda KMG ah ee Soomaaliya kana mid ah xildhibaanada laga soo doortay gobolada W/Bari ee Soomaaliya, haatana ku sugan madasha shirka dib u heshiisiinta Soomaalida ee ka soconaya dalka Kenya ayaa wax aanu sharcigu aqbali karin ku tilmaamay xilka qaadistii guddoomiyaha baarlamaanka, ra’iisul wasaaraha & xildhibaano uu isaugu ka mid yahay lagu sameeyay maalinimadii shalay, wuxuuna isaga oo kula hadlayay suxufiyiin hotelka 680 ee magaalada Nairobi uu yiri.

“Aniga ra’yigeyga waa ila qaldan tahay talaabadaas uu qaaday C/qaasim, waxaana u arkaa in ay bilow u tahay diyaarin Jabhad cusub, dhibna ma lahan arrintaa, oo Soomaalidu 13 sano ayey xaalad Jabhadeyn ah ku soo nooleyd” ayuu yiri Kulalihi oo ku tilmaamay talabaadaasi in ay tahay mid ummada sii kala fogeyneysa xilli loo fadhiyo siddii dowlad loo dhan yahay siddii dalka loogu dhisi lahaa.

“Waxaan ahaa xildhibaanka keliya ee runta u sheegay C/qaasim maalin ka hor inta uusan ka bixin Nairobi, wuxuuna kulan isagu yeeray xubnaha TNG-da ee Nairobi ku sugan, waxaan ku iri C/qaasim shirka ha ka bixin, haddii aad ka baxdana taa waa igula qaldan tahay, marka xilka qaasita la igu sameeyay waxaan u arkaa aargudasho” ayuu yiri Kulalihi oointaasi raaciyay “Lacagtii Liibiya & dalalka carabta lagaga soo qaaday magaca ummada Soomaaliyeed & Zekooyinkii loogu talagalay isbitaalada & iskuulada, Jeebkiisa ayey ku jirtaa C/qaasim haddii uu hadda ka dib Jabhad ku abaabulana waa un isaga & garaadkiisa.

What can be worse than a theif who stole from the poor

Wariye Cabdishakuur Cilmi Xasan ,Dayniile,Nairobi,Kenya

Dayniile.com not exactly a Puntland website huh now

I managed thus far to abstain contributing to this debate as I am of a different perspective of the subject matter as to other nomads’ stance and bashing of men whom I refer to as the “political leaders” in principal, and not “warlords” in the palpable application of the vernacular.

May I make suggestions here: one to SmithNW and one to HornAfrique?

SmithNW – my man one could not possibly compare apples to oranges as is the case of the two men in question, and as such the case is a non-starter in that regard. A/Qassim, a remnant of the disgraced military regime, is in a league with men such as Gani, Hassan Abshir, Ina Arte Ghalib, Morgan, Adow, Deerow, Aideed sr and the likes. Therefore, it would do a disservice to make a comparison of value in the discussion in terms of nationalism, integrity, courage or even in the art of war and politics.

Horn- my man the rationale of this line of arguing is truly troubling from what I have been able to gather in particular from someone who had shown clear understanding of the meddled up Somali politics, and as such may I suggest sustainability of a sagacious rationale contrary to the one displayed thus far with regards to the subject matter.

Gabbal   

Let the game play brother.

A man supported by Somalia's mortal enemy comes to kill and destroy a whole village and you are asking why the village received help?

You are trully as despicable and clanistic as I thought SmithNWestern. You have just been a witness to how you care about nothing, but for only the betterment of your clan!

code:

We Won't Forget Bossaso genocide

Warlord Abdullahi Yusuf and his militia have started clash by 9:00 am on 5th of August 2001 and they shot down the Airport Bossaso with heavy guns and anti aircraft weapons. After one hour fight Col. Yusuf captured the Airport.

Inside Bossaso, 130 Darawish who were loyal to Col. Yusuf have settled and captured President’s palace which is located near the coast of Red Sea outside of Bossaso. Those Darawish were planning to capture port of Bossaso and also distributed military supplies to Col Yusuf’s militia.

With confidence the people of Bossaso led by their elders have fought bravely and defended the town and hated the Colonel’s militia, avoiding them to spread in the town.

Col. Yusuf seem unsafe and hopeless when the fight started he tortured and killed some of his militia. He was wearing military uniform and carrying pistol.

On 6th of August, Col. Yusuf has received better lesson from Bossaso till they defeated him by 11:30 am. Col. Yusuf was not hesitated after when he saw many of his militia wounded and died. He decided to run away without a military plan. He run with his staff by himself and then rest of Militia alerted with nothing and exhausted while they seem very disappointed.

After two days of genocide and killing Bossaso town become very safe and normal. These success come from elders and people of Bossaso town who protected their dignity, unity, and their future destiny.

Here are lost of Bossaso heartbreak:

Victims of Bossaso Death.

1. Hirsi Shire Ali

2. Jama Muse Ismail.

3. Haykal Abdirahman Artan.

4. Khadra Abdirahman Artan.

5. Ina Said Gaacshe

6. Abdi Xuseen Guray

7. Abdiqadir Mohamed Omar.

8. Jama Firin Shire

9. Mohamed Said

10. Saleeban Ugar Buluc

11. Ismail Mohamed Ali

12. Farah Guhad Abdikarim

13. Said Ali Faarax

14. Sodan Wacays Said.

15. Bashir Omar Said.

Victims of Gardo Death.

1. Bari Abdullah Husuf

2. Ina Hilac Cisman Qurxan

3. Cisman Makhayad

4. Ina Abdirahman Artan.

Foreign Victims who died

Two victims from Ethiopia have died in this tragedy

somaliawatch.com

code:

Somalia

America's Second Coming?

Terrorism

By Matthias Muindi

Early this month, American and British military operatives stated that a Somalia based group Al Itihaad al Islamiya (Islamic Unity) was running terrorist camps in the tiny island of Ras Komboni off the coast of anarchic Somalia. The US which claimed that the group was linked to Osama bin Laden’s al Qaeda network added that Al Itihaad had other camps in El Wak region in southwest Somalia and Las Nok in the north. Yet when UN officials visited Ras Komboni a few days later, all they found was a derelict orphanage. "We have not seen any connection between Al Itihaad and Al Qaeda," said Randolph Kent, UN Humanitarian Co-ordinator for Somalia.

On December 6, a few days after the Ras Komboni fiasco, a group of Somali and American journalists set out for another village, Shimbirare in the northeast region of Puntland which was also cited as hosting similar camps. It was another wild goose chase. One of the journalists told the BBC that Shimbirare was only inhabited by Somalis fishermen and it "was not a venue for training terrorists."

But such statements didn't prevent the US Assistant Secretary of Defence, Paul Wolfowitz to say that Somalia was a country "that has a certain al Qaeda presence." Hence should be the next stop after the Afghanistan expedition. On December 9, nine US military officers visited Somalia to identify potential terrorist targets. According to the Mogadishu-based HornAfrik radio, the officers visited the country’s second largest town, Baidoa located 240 km south of Mogadishu and inspected military facilities, including the airport, in and around the town. Baidoa is controlled by the Rahanwein Resistance Army (RRA), which is opposed to the transitional government of President Abdiqassim Hassan Salat. The RRA which also controls the Bay and Bakol regions stated its willingness to welcome "any outside forces who are fighting terrorism" in its areas. By then the RRA had mounted a propaganda campaign alleging that the country's interim regime of President Abdiqassim Salat was benefiting from al Itihaad's extensive banking and trade investments. The group is also one of the biggest providers of health and education services in the embattled country.

Since it came to power in August 2000 after a reconciliation meeting in neighbouring Djibouti, the Salat regime has been struggling to gain as much territory as possible from the numerous warlords who have made Somalia ungovernable. But the Salat regime has vehemently denied the existence of any camps in the country or allegations that it is an ally of al Qaeda. "There are no camps or bases for al-Qaeda in Somalia, and the majority of the Somali people knew of al-Qaeda only after the September 11 attacks," said Somali presidential envoy Yusuf Ibrahim during a visit to Sudan. Ibrahim disputed that bin Laden would head to Somalia if he were routed from Afghanistan saying Somalia was "open territory" lacking hiding places. Somalia’s new Prime Minister, Hassan Farah stated that if the US decided to carry out air strikes on Somalia there would be no justification for this.

Indeed, the talk in Mogadishu is that the US is just out to restore honour after the humiliation in 1993 when ragtag militias killed 18 American soldiers scuttling a UN peace force send to the country in 1992. They point that the US is keen to stamp by its authority by any means necessary especially after last month's seizure by the US of assets belonging to Somali-owned largest money transfer agency, Al Barakaat. Washington alleged that al Barakaat was a financial ally of al Qaeda. According to UN's Kent, the result has been a deterioration of the lives of Somalis most who depend on remittances from friends and relatives living abroad. Most of the intelligence being considered for the Somalia operation comes from US missions in Addis Ababa and Nairobi since according to Walter Kansteiner, US Under-secretary for Africa, American interest in the country has been one of "benign neglect." For Ethiopia, dismantling the Salat regime is a priority as Addis Ababa accuses it of supporting secession minded Somalis living in Ethiopia’s Ogaden region. Most of these Somalis argue for a creation of a Greater Somalia, a territory to be inhabited only by Somali speaking people and ruled by Islamic law. That is what Al Itihaad stood for in the early 1990s when it was very active. It has however faded from the picture after it was implicated in a failed assassination bid on Egyptian president, Hosni Mubarak in 1995 during an Organisation of Africa Unity (OAU) meeting in Ethiopia.

Against such background, Ethiopia, a country beset by ethnic rebellions has been keen to play host to Somalia's many warlords who since the September 11 attacks have been striking poses of political moderation. In their sojourns to Ethiopia these faction leaders who are incensed by the international prestige enjoyed by the Salat regime have met western diplomats accredited to Addis Ababa and senior Ethiopian government officials. The latest visit was on December 7 by Muhammad Nur Shatigadud, RRA boss who also chairs the Somali Reconciliation and Reconstruction Council (SRRA), a pro-Ethiopia body set up ostensibly to achieve reconciliation in Somalia. A month earlier, two other warlords, Col. Abdulahi Yusuf, governor of the breakaway region of Puntland in the northeast and Mogadishu based Hussein Aidid met with an Israeli delegation in an eastern Ethiopian town of Gode. During the meeting the duo agreed to let Israel use areas controlled by the duo for military purposes. In return, Israel would assist the warlords militarily and economically. Days after the meeting, Yusuf claimed that Puntland was infested with terrorists and it was time the Americans acted. In an interview with an Italian TV station, Yusuf who was ousted from his post in October, paraded some Somali youths who he had arrested claiming they were heading to Afghanistan via Yemen.

<a href="http://www.peacelink.it/afrinews/69_issue/p8.html'>http://www.peacelink.it/afrinews/69_issue/p8.html

code:

" target="_blank">http://www.peacelink.it/afrinews/69_issue/p8.html

code:

......the above accusation is only a cover up for the involvement of Ethiopian forces in 'Puntland' which was confirmed by independent witnesses who were interviewed by the BBC. The Ethiopians were the only forces who went there from outside the 'Puntland' area. These forces were sent to re enforce Colonel Abdullahi Yusuf whom the current Ethiopian leadership has all along been grooming to become the helmsman in post Siad Barre Somalia. Abdullahi Yusuf is the only Somali of some standing who supports Ethiopia's balkanization policy of Somalia, as evidenced by her so called building blocks concept, which is also the catch word of the Paper under reference. Ethiopia, taking advantage of the current situation in Somalia, has been advocating a division of the latter into several or many mini fiefdoms of clan based enclaves (the so called building blocks). Even the creation of the so called 'Puntland' was an Ethiopian brainchild, except its name. It was intended to lead the way for other fiefdoms to follow suit. The innuendo is quite evident from the Paper under review. Ethiopia covets that at least a half of such fiefdoms could be pressured to become client sub states subservient to her whims and thus negate any cohesion of Somali nationhood, much less an effective central authority. Consequently, political support for Abdullahi Yusuf waned not only in his own constituency, because of his support of Ethiopian policy vis avis Somalia, but even the other pro Ethiopia Somali groups rejected the latter's attempts to install Abdullahi Yusuf as groups'leader. The only time on record of these groups saying no to an Ethiopian demand. However, Abdullahi Yusuf, still covets the 'Puntland' leadership and by force of arms with Ethiopian backing defied the democratic process in which his sucessor was elected. In this vein, he killed about a score of his own people whose leader he wants to become again and is fighting for.

http://www.hiiraan.ca/Mar02/op/qalib.htm

code:

Cashing the idea of fighting terrorism

By Somali Support Committee

Nov 25 2001 Press Release:Washington DC – Somali Support Committee and the Somali intellectuals around the world are deeply dismayed and outraged by the barbaric coward and the uncivilized act of the former president of Puntland. He attacked the Free world and the democratic people of Puntland

Abdullahi Yusuf, ignored all legible charters of the UN and the world by using force to rewrite the will of the Puntland people which they caste to vote freely and elected a new leader . Abdullahi. Yusuf became a lunatic and a warlod whose only abition is to divide and rule by using the barrel of the gun.

Mr. Yusuf is trying to insult our intelligence when any time he opens his mouth re repeating that he is fighting with the international terrorism, where indeed he is massacring his own people. It became obvious that all the warlords and the ruthless dictators are cashing the idea of fighting terrorism. Mr. Yusuf, since when the Somali traditional dress and being a Muslim became a terrorist? Or maybe trying to satisfy your greed and selfishness of power hungry is making you blind.

The 2nd Constitutional Conference of the State of Puntland of Somalia ended (Wednesday) November 14,2001 in Garowe with the election of a new President and a Vice-President for a period of three years. The results of the two-and-half-month long Conference mean a continuation of Puntland’s administration established here in 1998 due to the prolonged absence of a national government in Somalia since the downfall of the military regime under General Mohammed Siyad Barre in 1991.

The President-elect is Mr. Jama Ali Jama, a 61-year-old politician educated at Moscow State University and former political detainee for eleven years. Of ten contenders for the post of the President, Jama won an outright victory in the first round obtaining 283 votes among the present 452 voters. The interim Charter of Puntland stipulates that a winner in the first round has to achieve above 50% of the total votes cast. His nearest rival, Musse Haji Saeed Mumin, got 103 votes.

The new Vice-President is Ahmed Mohamoud Goala from Sool region, Governor of the Bank of Puntland State, a 60-year-old professional banker, educated in Britain in the 1960s. Prior to his last job in Puntland, he had served the African Development Bank in Abidjan, Ivory Coast, for twenty years. He defeated his closest challenger, Farah Warsame Osman, a former Puntland Minister of Social affairs, by a wide margin of 97 votes by winning 328 votes.

Apart from having the traditional feel of sorting things out, the marathon Conference had to solve a series of clan and sub-clan complaints from most of the regions regarding the sharing of vote-carrying delegates. Despite the inherent sluggishness, a healthy electioneering campaign kept the city simmering.

The conclusion was a free and fair election openly contested in the Conference Hall by both show of hands and count of cards of each of the number of vote-carrying delegates representing the five regions of Bari, Nugal, Soul,Sanag, Mudug and the district of Buhodleh which established the State of Puntland Somalia three years ago

The fundamental intention was and is to be part of a future federal Somalia only after comprehensive, all-inclusive and satisfactory reconciliation was done and this has not been yet realized.

The election process under the watchful eye of the titled traditional leaders, the Issims, of the people is expected to be completed with the selection of 66 members of parliament by the regions within 45 days. The legislative body shall be required to approve council of ministers to be appointed by the President within the next couple of weeks.

But in contrary the former President Mr. Yusuf views it differently, he believes only the power of the barrel should rule the land.

Mr. Yusuf, the former president coordinated a deliberate and a well-calculated attack to the capital of Puntland and its people. He repeated his August 5th massacre in Bossaso, which more than 120 people died in his attack, and now in Garoe on 11/20/2001 more than 20 died and 80 wounded so far.

The new leadership show determination to strengthen the security and stability of the State, maintain close friendly relations with Ethiopia and co-operate with the Governments of the United States of America and Great Britain to ensure that there are no hideouts of terrorist suspects in the territory of Puntland. It seems, however, that the new administration will have to concentrate some issues of internal concern of its own before taking part in any serious Somali national reconciliation.

The first such internal priority is how to deal with Colonel Abdullahi Yusuf Ahmed, Puntland’s first President who is now 15 Km away from Garoe city, claiming that he is still the President. He holds grudges because his wish to breach the law by withholding the planned elections in the Charter has been denied. He has indeed already declared his position to reject the reality in the land.

The new leaders’ worry is that the Colonel may be a man consumed by indifference of the situation who could sow hatred and confrontation among his supporters and majority non-supporters of the community in Galkayo. And his recent violent attack and actions in Garoe and Bossaso cities proved that. If these aggressions continue, the situation could lead to wider implications.

Somali Support Committee, SDC and the rest of the Somali Communities are asking the UN, US, and national security council to condemn this act of terrorism and watch those warlords who want to cash the idea of the international community for fighting terrorism but indeed acting ruthlessness and kidnapping the free will of their countrymen.

More to come. You not only support a senile old murderer, but one who is zionist-loving and Ethio-worshipping too? Amazing.

SmithNWestern I daresay I am disappointed in you. Do you not understand what credible and news sources mean? One editorial, wrote by your clansman is not going to cut it.

The battle is just beginning my friend.