Sign in to follow this  
Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar

Why Faransiiska renamed French Soomaaliland

Faransiiska renamed their illegal colonial territory from "French Soomaaliland" to "French Territory of ..."

The date of renaming? 1967, the same year riots took place, some demanding an immediate reunification to Soomaali Republic.

Faransiiska panicked, beginning to change the name of the territory, erasing the 'Soomaali' part and even forcibly exiling thousands of Soomaalis to Awdal and Soomaali Galbeed.

Those following images will illustrate.

0000405015-003.jpg?size=67&uid=%7Ba1fe9c

Protesters stand on barrels and wave sticks during riots in Djibouti caused by a falsified referendum produced by the French government stating that a majority of voters had voted to continue French rule. The manipulated results of the vote were achieved by the arrest of opposition leaders and the expulsion of the Somali population. [March 22, 1967]

0000405015-001.jpg?size=67&uid=%7B9300fd

Protesters march together during riots in Djibouti caused by a falsified referendum produced by the French government stating that a majority of voters had voted to continue French rule. The manipulated results of the vote were achieved by the arrest of opposition leaders and the expulsion of the Somali population. [1967]

0000405015-004.jpg?size=67&uid=%7Bdff959

French soldiers, armed with rifles, stand on alert during riots in Djibouti caused by a falsified referendum produced by the French government stating that a majority of voters had voted to continue French rule. The manipulated results of the vote were achieved by the arrest of opposition leaders and the expulsion of the Somali population. [1967]

--------------

If Faransiiska did not stage that forged and bogus 'referendum' or if the referendum went smoothly, as opposed to manipulation and falsification in mid '60s, Jabuuti today would have been in Soomaali Republic, even with some Canfar objections. Faransiiska, unlike their colonial Ingiriis counterparts in Waqooyi, waxaa u darnaa their military outpost ku yaalay Jabuuti, which they invested heavily, ilaa haddana ku yaalo.

Sadly, another decade of Faransiis indoctrination rule that had empowered Canfars politically, the military coup that took place on 1969 in Soomaaliya, dagaalkii 1977 ee Soomaali Galbeed and increasingly authoritarian military regime -- all gave a great ammunition to Faransiiska colonial rulers to persuade the Jabuuti Soomaali elites to opt an independent republic instead of joining Soomaaliya.

However, it would have been different in '60s, when Soomaaliya was a shining beacon, a model for Afrika.

Chimera   

Interesting thing i discovered when searching a bit on the net about the Djibouti civil war is that it happened exactly when the Central government collapsed in Somalia, it was this power vaccuum that gave the Afars the confidence to rebell( it shows Somalis project more power when there united)

but i think our Afars brothers and sisters have it even worse than us they are divided in multiple countries and they too seek unification with their peoples scattered around the horn, we as a people should support them in their quest or pursuade them to join us(when we get back on our feet) the way the boranas wanted to join our republic during President Adan Osman's administration

I'm glad they stayed apart and they did not join that false Somaliweyn ,,,,,,,,,

We did that and still regret ,,,,,,,,

Now there would be a deadly civil war in Djibouti but i'm glad that at least they are save.

ANWAR   
Originally posted by Jacaylbaro:

[QB] I'm glad they stayed apart and they did not join that false Somaliweyn ,,,,,,,,,

^^WHY ARE YOU SAYING THAT redface.gifredface.gif

I think i've explained why ,,,,,,,,

if it happened they join the failed union then they would be suffering from deadly civil war by now ,,,,,,,,,,,, i'm glad they are safe ,,,,

a better question would be why an independent jibuti did not join the Somali republic.

"Murugadda jirto waa laga baxaa bari, Eebba ha idmo. Soomaalis were not always in grim predicament like this, nor will we remain in this challenging times forever."

am afriad this will be the situation until Somalis decide extrimism and anarchy are not the answer. just the other day you were advocating for more war and anarchy.

me   

Thanx MMA. Somalis are united and nothing can break that bond. We will soon realize the dream of our forefathers, we will defeat the enemies of our nation, internal aswell as external and we will unite our lands under a single state.

I'm glad they stayed apart and they did not join that false Somaliweyn ,,,,,,,,,

Now there would be a deadly civil war in Djibouti but i'm glad that at least they are save.

Who is we, speak for yourself.

You can’t blame everything on Somalia. Maybe if Djibouti was part of Greater-Somalia maybe the civil-war would have never happened. You never know.

There was no such thing as Somaliland, it was British Somaliland. If you want that, then simply ask Great Britain to colonize your skinny behind once again. He will be more than glad to do so, and I am sure you will be more than glad to be his obedient servant!

It’s sad how the Europeans have divided Africa. They have given one man’s house to another and one man’s wealth to another and just efficiently disappeared into the shadows, leaving the Africans to fight over what is righteous all theirs.

The only thing that's false is Somaliland, for it only came to existence when the Europeans where fighting over what righteously belonged to the Somalis.It’s a product of colonization, and you're proudly following the tracks which thousands of our ancestors tried to erase. Some Somalis are just a disgrace.

Ebyan   

You're right. Its funny that all these people speak of a 'United Somalia' when they themselves have no country to speak of. The people of Djibouti should count their blessings..They're lucky they never joined 'Somalia'.

Xoogsade   

There are clanish delusions but not Somaliwayn falsehood. Think about it, one thinks their clan is greater than the rest of somalis and they are somehow unique when there is no difference to tell between them and the rest of farodheer. Alright, may be the brittish colonized us and others Italians is a reason for difference between somalis, but I am not convinced.

Aniga dadka u arka qabiilkooda inuu soomaalida ka baxsan yahay, oo raba inay sheegtaan inay Ummad yihiin gaar ahaaneed iyagoo hal qabiil ah(And I am sorry to speak in the collective knowing not all clan members share the same views), waxaan u arkaa inayan waxba ka duwanayn xagga khaa'innimada soomaalida taageersan gacan ku dhiiglayaasha Xamar xukuma for clanish reasons, inshallah these two groups of corrupt somalis will have their day of reckoning come, hopefully soon.

me   

It is funny to see how the anti-Somali groups have similar views when it comes to Somalinimo and Somali unity. They are always more then willing to play down our midnimo and focus on how they can divide us.

Ka fakar, the more clannist one is the more he or she is against midnimo Soomaaliyeed.

Xoogsade   

^ Well that is true and these anti-midnimo northern cousins have allies in the south, namely, the proponents of 4.5 formula and clan superstitions, best allies they have in the south were those who supported their country's occupation, the massacre of somalis by the Xabashis, and the complete comeback of the warlords as presidents, ministers and financial moguls.

As long as the south is dominated by the clan mentality, unitarian somalis have no case. Once the south comes clean, the clan supremacy goes away, like in the ICU days, all clan fiefdoms will feel the earth beneath them shaking due to pressure from within without any somali from outside their regions coming to them to enfroce unity.

Hate to say it saxib, but as long as warlords and unfit men are given positions of responsibility in the south, Somalinimo is dead. And having said that, I despise anyone who thinks his clan can stand aside from the rest of somalis. Waan sugaayaa dadkaasoo kale when the day comes inwhich somalis with honour demand them to come to the table for accounting or face the consequences.