Sign in to follow this  
Modesty

So Lucky to be a muslim

Modesty   

Rudy the truth is that Saudi Arabia takes care of its citizens, they even get FREE health care, in the West there are 2 million people who live and sleep on the streets, non in Saudi Arabia. There are women doctors in S.A., is that oppression?

so what u folks think about this article!it so timely dont u agree! now dont get me wrong, i aint dizzing islam! i am just against those who miss use it

(apples and oranges share a common ground they are both fruits.)

correct, so islam, christanity, judism, buddism share common grounds too! hence all r religion!

bilan   

salaam

i do not undestand here we were talking about islam what this has to do with saudi arabia, they are part of 1.2 billion muslims, and correct me we(somaali) are claiming to be muslims, and we are doing everything that is prohibited in islam such as killing, rape, looting you name it, why on eath are you rudy picking on saudi arabia?!!, saudi arabia is the birth place of islam home of the holly mosque yes, but that does not mean its citizens are representing everything that is islam. and yeah you have to have a visa because they have to regulate, with all these rules and still people are dying each year during the haj, so when they require the visa i think they are right because how else would they set the limit.so to talk about saudis and their mistakes are irrelevent to this topic because we are talking here about islam not saudis.and also to anyone who is muslim and get confused between the islam and tradition it is their fault because this is their religion they should learn it.we are really lucky to be muslims cause we could have born as christian or jew, budhist etc, so Praise be to Allaah Who has guided us to Islam, for we would not have been guided had He not guided us.

JIDAAWY   

Rudy.. I still cant understand why you keep talking about saudi’s abuse of Islamic teachings. just like how Pyromaniac_Pixie said.. Saudi’s are not angels, and we shouldn’t quit practicing islam if they decide not to be good muslims..

so saxib your whole concept is wrong…

Originally posted by rudy:

[QB] so what u folks think about this article!it so timely dont u agree! now dont get me wrong, i aint dizzing islam! i am just against those who miss use it

hello! did u read the article? i was just point out what these ppl do (saudis). we all know how these so called arabians use the beloved islam to divide and subjgate moslems!

u see we come and exchange ideas and that good! but do u know how what these ppl think about u?

regardless of how we as malis accept our faith, we need to pay attention to each other suffering!

ok! how would u feel if a women who is in the hospital with child birth is served with papers to leave cuz her husband just got layed off! it aint showing to me we share same faith!

did u ever ask this type of q's to your iimaam? or do u just towe the line? i do it seriously! i do and gave him a written letter! so far, he did not reply in written form but tells me that hes working on! that has been 6 months ago! i am patient man!

all i want to do, w/o drama, is to follow the good koran. i have spent most of my time w/o my family but one thing that got me through, my religion and my culture and this properly started since i was in 5th grade. but our contact is next to none! i am there for them and they are there 4 me! any way, all i am saying nomads, why r we threated as 2nd class cousins in the moslim world! word!

lemme know!

Blessed   

Salaaams All,

Modesty sis, I that was a really good article. I couldn't agree with you more, with Islam we are blessed with far more then a religion but a system that advocates justice and all things cool for humans. If we only knew :rolleyes:

Thank you!

Rudy, Rudy, Rudy... where do I begine :eek: :(

"We need institutionalized reforms. They need to be official. Women need to be active participants in all the ministries and all the government sectors that deal with women and family law," Fitaihi said.

^^^^ are the principle being advocated in the article. I have to agree with you Rudy, Saudi Arabia needs to change their sexist and racist policies. They need return to the pure Islamic teaching and stop their cultural-Islam.

Note, the difference here, the Saudi state practices cultural Islam and not Islam. Key word being culture, so when you criticise it has to be on the grounds of culture .. not Islam!

u see we come and exchange ideas and that good! but do u know how what these ppl think about u?

You can't generalise walaalo, I have some Saudi friends and they think very highly of Somalis and are very much against the House of Saudi regime. I mean the article you’ve posted is a prime example that the Saudi Arabia and its population is suffering from bad governance – not Islam! Again, you cannot judge a nation on the grounds of the policies by made by a few!

ok! how would u feel if a women who is in the hospital with child birth is served with papers to leave cuz her husband just got layed off! it aint showing to me we share same faith!

Sweetie, go to Somalia where the same happens on a daily basis. I guess, we can take this as a lesson of how societies deteriorate when the don't take heed of Allah's commands and law.

did u ever ask this type of q's to your iimaam? or do u just towe the line? i do it seriously! i do and gave him a written letter! so far, he did not reply in written form but tells me that hes working on! that has been 6 months ago! i am patient man!

Why should my local Imaam be held accountable for the actions of the Saudi regime? He is not the one making the laws in that state. So I would suggest that you rewrite your letter and send it to King Fahad or the Saudi sheikhs. I doubt you'll get a reply though. Better still, if your really serious about getting an answer contact your local Saudi Embassy.

all i am saying nomads, why r we treated as 2nd class cousins in the Muslim world! word!

Because, there is no Khilaafah, in the political arena, and it is not only Somalis (or Malis in your case) that are treated that way... There is no unity between the Muslim World, which is a crying shame and something that each and every Muslim needs to work on. You shouldn’t make the situation worse by harbouring hate for your fellow Muslims

However, in the social arena walaalo no one treats us as second-class cousins. Just go to your local masjid and you'll find nothing but pure Islamic unity (in most cases). Try it and let us know how it goes, you also check out the bookstore and get a few books on Islamic law. They got some heavy stuff on how Islamic societies should be…!!

Stay true ;):D

Ariadne   

I was gonna reply, but it seems the more you tell something to someone the more they repeat themselves with the same tired expression and excuses.

Ameenah mashallah you said all I was going to say so I don't have to waste my breath on trying to explain something to the stubborn

I'm acknowledging that Allah has rescued me,

and I cannot ever repay the debt.

When I say. . .I am a Muslim,

I'm not claiming to be perfect.

My flaws are indeed visible,

but Allah forgives because his followers are worth it.

I guess we all brothers and sisters Interms of Muslim...The Prophet Of allah SCW said "None of you will have faith till he wishes for his brother what he likes for himslef.Autenthic Hadeeth"

it does not mean I will never feel pain.

I still have my share of heartaches,

which is why I invoke Allah's name.

I do not wish to judge.

I have no such authority

My duty is to submit to Allah's all-encompassing love

Your Dear Brother In islaam

Abdifattah

Salamu alaykum

Modesty   

Asalaamu Alaykum,

Manshallah brother Abdi and welcome smile.gif . That was such a beautiful poem. To be the best muslim indeed doesn't mean you must be a hardcore extremist...the truth is no muslim is perfect,that is why we depend on Allah's(swt) forgiveness.