Sign in to follow this  
Suldaanka

Somaliland: Photos and Video

Northerner, ninyahow I've seen so many pictures of hargeisa and Bosaso that I can work their as cabdriver who knows where everything is. Burao and galkayo should step up some gas on the dacaayad department, they are both scolded as Geeljire by the other two.

eheem Nationalist now you've done It! Galkacyo is a backward city you say Well(sleeves being rolled up) c'mon then tell us how backward it is Mr

Galkacyo is the centre of somalia and the fastest growing city in the whole of Somalia it is far better placed to take advantage of the upcoming boom than any other city.It is a must for any Somali traveling from one end to the other of somalia to pass through Galkacyo.It is highly invested in by it's people and you should see the pictures of the development there.You are probably still stuck in Badhan Pal so give Galkacyo a rest it will soon overtake Bosaaso ad Hargeisa inshallah.

N.O.R.F   

lol

circus1.JPG

circus2.JPG

circus3.JPG

circus4.JPG

circus5.JPG

circus6.JPG

Welcome to Burco :D , Nationalist i bet rear (where ever your from) cant even manage this :D

Obviously the larger/capital cities will have the greater share of modern buildings, thats just the way it is. So far no particular building i've seen has struck me as being something of great architectural beauty.

Lol you can't fool me. I checked out the source and it clearly gives me the impression that these circus boys are in Hargeisa. Burao Loser!

Now if every place had the same style wouldnt that be abit boring? Besides, Italian architecture is lagging behind in the modern day.

I agree. For instance Bosaso's buildings have a unique style called Bender Qaasim [former name of Bosaso]. It started out modest, but construction and real-estate companies started to exploit the concept to win more clients/buyers.

Picture140.jpg

busbos15rp.jpg

N.O.R.F   

Nationalist, yeah but performers are from Burco saxib!

That 1st pic resembles many buildings in Hargaisa, such as Bilal hotel and Burco such as Titanic (not the real name) hotel where u have a forecourt from your bedroom (an expanded balcony type). Great designs none the less.

What i would like are designs based around energy reduction/saving, using solar panels to generate electricity during the day and using regular generated energy at night. Having more natural sunlight (rooflights) to save energy during the day, using plasterboarded metal stud internal partition for walls rather than stone (construction price reduction, energy reduction, more aesthetically pleasing), these are just a few ways.

Factory units is another un-touched industry. The construction of which will encourage more home made products. Imagine making Cereal in Bosaso :cool: , Bread in Hargaisa :cool: and Airoplanes and jet engines in Burco :D