Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

Puntland should declare itself the republic of Somalia

This is crazy idea but not as crazy as calling for seccession, which I am afraid may be what this misguided clanish idea will lead to.

The blue flag will always fly on the Puntland state of Somalia and as long as there is a federal system where each region can manage it's own local affairs their will be peace and progress.

Meiji   

a8o4z.jpg

Ethiopian protectorate should be reconquered and its pro-Xabashi leaders systematically removed so the region and people can enjoy Soomalinimo.

So the days of handing over Somali persons to Xabshi's will be over.

Soomalinimo needs to be brought back to Northeastern Somalia.

me   

Originally posted by Meiji:

Ethiopian protectorate should be reconquered and its pro-Xabashi leaders systematically removed so the region and people can enjoy Soomalinimo.

Who should do that? Who should reconquer?

Meiji   

^^

I am sure there are many ''locals'' from that region who are members of the Islamist groups who's job is needed there. That is if they are genuinely fighting against all Xabashi puppets in the whole of Somalia.

me   

^^

I am sure there are many ''locals'' from that region who are members of the Islamist groups who's job is needed there. That is if they are genuinely fighting against all Xabashi puppets in the whole of Somalia.

1. Are you saying that you support local Islamist activities in that region? And isn't that contradicting your 'anti-islamist' position here on SOL?

2. Are you hinting at that the Islamists aren't genuine when it comes to fighting the Xabash in Somalia?

Meiji   

^^

My stance towards the religious pretenders is known.

I accused them of been the new warlords in town who just replaced the old bosses in Southern regions.

But for their supporters, the struggle is holy and about Islamnimo and Soomalinimo. A logical conclusion thus would be:

''If they are genuinely fighting for those causes, let them expand their struggle and bring back Islamnimo/Soomalinimo to everycorner of Somalia''

me   

Meiji,

When you wrote the following:

Ethiopian protectorate should be reconquered and its pro-Xabashi leaders systematically removed so the region and people can enjoy Soomalinimo

It was a clear wish on your behalf. You also explained that you see local Islamists taking on the Xabash puppets of PL.

So you can't have your cake and eat it. You can't call the wadaado Religious pretenders and Islamic warlords and yet pin your hopes of the reconquest of the Xabash protectorate of Puntland on them.

You can't have it both ways. Either the wadaado are religious pretenders or they are the hope of the Somali nation. What I am saying here is, you can't have it both ways.

me   

When you write this:

Ethiopian protectorate should be reconquered and its pro-Xabashi leaders systematically removed so the region and people can enjoy Soomalinimo

and then this:

You are actually saying that the wadaado are the ones that can reconquer the region and remove the pro-Xabashi leaders so that the region and people can enjoy Soomalinimo.

So you are actually saying that wadaado are for Soomaalinimo. Are you not?

Meiji   

^^

It was a clear message to Dukey:

I.e:

''You can't have it both ways''

1) Puntland is secedding because South is holding it ''back''

the next day:

2) Puntland is Somalia, and should represent Somalinimo despite the shamefull handing over of Somali youngsters to Ethiopians.

Soomalinimo needs to be brought back to Northeastern Somalia.

Don't worry Somalinimo is alive and well in Puntland and that is why for the last 19 years all peace loving Somalis are welcome and are thriving in Puntlamd state of Somalia. Whatever shortcoming are of the Puntland state are minor compared to the real tragedy of the constant mindless warfare in the south (specially Mogadishu) that has brought shame and destruction to Somalia. We went from Brutal dectatorship to the worst kind of anarchy.

Duufaan   

I agree it must start some where

give credit Duke for having a political vision in Somalia. He is somewhat mature and for sighted for his cousins in Garoowe and Basooso BUT a clan based political vision which did not work in the 1960 will not work today. Today SSDF base luck leadership, diplomatic and military elites and era of bribing people is over. So puntland cannot do it

The separatist had opportunity in 1990 but now out of picture whether claiming the control of laascaanood. We all know those locals who brought to them to laascaanood are not trust worthy and friendly to Hargeysa as long they got paid. when the next officer is killed, people who came from Hargeysa are going back Hargeysa unhappy.

The south people cannot do it, The Culima was the last chance.

SSC can do it. The SSC has the elites and It is the birth place of Somali nationalism. SSC has also it is problems. Unlike separatist and SSDF, it does not have hardcore base

NASSIR   

So you can't have your cake and eat it. You can't call the wadaado Religious pretenders and Islamic warlords and yet pin your hopes of the reconquest of the Xabash protectorate of Puntland on them.

Lol. That is how a learned distaste does away with your capacity to make rational thoughts. It's obvoius Meiji has passionate distaste for reer Puntland.

Duufaan, please clearly define for us where "SSC" and Puntland seperate? If your insinuation is the clannish sense of the word, then you have lost the plot. You have to be coherent and honest in your thoughts about geographical references. Otherwise, it leads to further desperate confusion and mischaracterization of identity just like the secessionists' illusive cards.

Sanaag is by majority reer Makhir strongheld base as well as western Bari. Sool as well as southern Sanaag and the District of Buhoodle in Togdheer are by majority Dervish strongheld base. Therefore, my position has been since we have seen centrefugal forces of nurtured and entrenched disunity within the Gerad's centralized governance of reer Sool and "Somaliland" bankrolling local agents to do its highest bidding as it seeks a bigger bargaining chip, we should be fair enough to clarify the issue of Sool and Cayn from that of Sanaag, majority of whom are now rallying for Gen. Ilka-Jir's platform for Puntland.

We shall try to restore Puntland to its original purpose and create legitimate political parties that should lessen the clan friction until a government of national union is within a viable reach.

^^^ nicely put this, Puntland is no a single clan entity the populace as a whole have matured and the old isim declared parliment will be done with in no time. A political outlook based on unity , federalisam and a return to the union and the flag is the only hope for Somalia. Littel Meijis failed hope will not deter us nor stop the restoration of the republic.

This is not the 1960s it's a new dawn build on the failuere of all Somali's. Thus let the debate continue what alternative do u offer my detractors?

Meiji   

Originally posted by NASSIR:

We shall try to restore Puntland to its original purpose and create legitimate political parties that should lessen the clan friction until a government of national union is within a viable reach. [/QB]

Original purpose?

Wasn't the original purpose a Northeastern admin only? Bari, Nugaal and Northern-Mudug, without Sanaag and Sool regions?

As for my ''passionate distate'' for a particular group, since you figured me out can you prescribe me a medicine?.. While you are at it, prescribe to our Dukey too...that is if you are not clouded by clannish emotions. :D