Sign in to follow this  
xiinfaniin

Will Ethiopia be a majority Muslim Country?

Ethiopia is a majority Muslim Country how ever , they are not the elite of the Country ,Ethiopia with out the northern chiefs Hegemony, Ethiopia is not Ethiopia.

Faafan   

The Muslims are colonised.So it doesnt matter whether there majority or not, its matter of ridding themselves of the "Black' Colonist.

GAAROODI   

Ethiopia is a muslim country, think about it.

- Somali's

- Anfar

- Oromo

-Harer

make up 70% of the population all are muslim, its just that they dont have the balls to stop a group of people who use the side of houses as crap holes and piss streams.

nijaaaz !!

It is wellknown fact that the majority of the ppl in Ethiopia are muslims, around 60%. However, since the Christian Ethiopian Empire known as Abyssinia had its good legacy in the bibel, survived throughout centuries and was also well protected by the european powers therefore today no one wants to change that status. It is laughable to see such realiable CIA fact book giving misleading figures that muslims in Ethiopia are somewhere around 32.8%. Totaly untrue!

Peacenow   

What is most concerning to me though. Is the population increase in Ethiopia. Some reports suggest their population will reach 170million by 2050. Do you know the potential security issue with being neighbour to a big country like that. We would always be sleeping with one eye open in case we get mauraded by their hoards.

This is a big big issue but no talks about it.

Abtigiis   

Accroding to the latest census released a year ago by Meles Zenawi, Mulsims account for 38% of the people of Ethiopia. This contradicts the widely-held belief that Muslims account to at least 50% of the population.

Meles got a lot of support from the churches and Western countries because of the latest census. Some Muslims who protested were sentenced to long prison terms.

But having travelled to almost every village in Ethiopia, I don't really think Muslims are the majority in Ethiopia although their number is not as low as the 38% given by Meles.

1- Somali region.. 4.5 million ( 95% muslims -there are significant number of highlanders who line in the region).

2- Oromia ...over 35 million. Muslims in Harar, parts of Arsi, Bale, Kaffa (jimma), Wollo,

3- Afar region...1.6 million (only 45% of the residents in Afar are locals. The rest are highlanders who are mainly christians

4- Benishangul...5 ethnic groups (only two are mulsims although this includes the majority Berta nationality).

5- Southern Ethiopia...except Silte(formerly parts of Guraghe), and Alaba minority, most of the 13 million people in the SNNPR are either Christians or animists.

6- Harari's are not more than 10,000 (mulsims)

7- In Tigray.. about 10% are muslims

8- In Amhara, about 5-8% are Muslims

Now, where are the christians

- Amhara: about 27 million (nearly 90% are christians)

- Oromo (shewa, Wellega, Illubabor, etc)are huge number. Borana and Guji are Waqaa-fataa (traditional religions, mostly).

-Gambella ...animists and christians

Markaa anigu markaan daraaseeyey, I think muslims in Ethiopia are not the majority. I think they are about 40-42% at maximum.

In conclusion:

- nearly 20 million Amahara's + 50% of Oromos (17million)+ 9 million in SNNPR + 3.5 million in Tigre) alone puts the number of christians to about 50 million which is more than half of the population. I sometimes wonder why I am disputing the 38% census result!! It looks very likely. but my heart tells me it was also kept down for a purpose.

BUT I CAN SAY ETHIOPIA IS NOT A MUSLIM MAJORITY COUNTRY. THAT IDEA IS A MYTH.

Abtigiis   

Christians are not 62% but non-muslims could be!

Muslims are in fact said to be 33.9% and not 38% in the report. Animists and other religions exist in Ethiopia.

When I say 20 million Amhara's, I don't mean in Amhara region. The region's population is estimatd at 17 million but it is also true millions of Amhara's live in other regions.

GAAROODI   

170 million by 2050, that is ridiculous because you are looking at those statistics as if Ethiopia was a Healthy state. Ethiopia has the second largest H.I.V. death rates with i think it was 40% of the overall population infected with Aids. I doubt the Ethiopian government can provide aids drugs to like 20-30 million people so they will die including what ever children they have.

The population increases are probably in the muslim regions, as somali's god has blessed us with beautiful sisters, no wonder why we breed so much, The anfar as well, the oromo may god have mercy on them, breed like cockroaches walahi. They are the majority of the Ethiopian population and will probably experiance huge birth rates. So Muslim majority in Ethiopia, will eventually force the christiens to except muslim rule within the next decade, if not Somaliland should turn Ahmed guray on them.

SOMALILAND THE LEFT HANDED HAS JUST CONQUERED ADDIS ABABA.

OR EVEN SOMALIA...HAS CONQUERED ADDIS ABABA. I WOULD LOVE TO SEE THAT BEFORE I DIE.

I WOULD GO TO AXUM WITH A FEW BULL DOWSERS. LOOOOOL !

Originally posted by Gheelle.T:

They are 85 mills with birth rate of 4%. Somali siday isku haysato oo dalka u cidleynayaan, waa na loo yaabaa!

If Ethiopians are gonna make good use of the land-why deny them icon_razz.gif

Population explosion in part has to do with how the Derg redistributed farmlands to peasant class for sustenance farming.Farmers were given small plots.How much the land you get depended on the size of your family-so more kids, more land.