Sign in to follow this  
Wisdom_Seeker

Hitting or beating your wife?

Nur   

When?

Never inshAllah, Somali women of today are far more educated and responisble than many Somali men, in my opinion many men deserve to be beaten for being irresponsible head of family, a woman who obeys and loves her husband should never be humiliated or beatn, and that happens often in our community.

There is no single incident in which Prophet Muhammad SAWS hit a wife, never, and that qualifies our understanding of the verse of Quraan that permits with heavy qualifications, as Allah is addressing responsible man dealing with an irresponisble woman who may be momentarily out of her mind, still, only to get her attention so she can take her responsible husbands advice.

Nur

Haneefah   

And if I may add to that, even when it is permitted, it is encouraged to be sought as a last resort. The Qur'an directs the husband to seek other means such as communication (warning, advice) and forsaking intimacy with his misbehaving wife first.

this is the lowest form of manhood period...! whether its a wife/husband, son/daugther or any one else..talibian shyte is over!! those guys were punch of guys who just wanned to beat up women cuz they couldnt get laid! lool.

nobody should hit no 1... u get it. or shall i smack u on the head!!

Thanks nur. Islam is being bashed because some Muslim men and most Arab men hit their women and they say Islam allows them to do so. It’s hard to explain that to a non-muslim woman, the fact that Islam actually allows husbands to lay a hand on their wives.

Nur   

Mystic

Wife beating (or husband beating, I saw a funny video of a big African woman beating her tiny husband ) is a common domestic violence with no borders and religion.

Most wife beating happens when intoxicants are present, which Islam forbids, and job stress, whih Islam introduces Dhiker to absorb the stress. Therefore I strongly believe that wife beating belongs to non Muslim societies more than Muslim societies.

No one has so far done a survey of wife beating, if objectively done, it will surprise many that households who practice genuine Islam, Christianity and Judaism have the least violence, as all three religions in their social teachings teach kindness and tolerance. You will likely find domestic violence in households in which alcohol is consumed, or mighty dollar worshipped.

Nur

There is a woman rape in America every two minutes, that allow should speak volumes. And I heard that every 9 seconds a man is hitting his girlfriend/wife. Without a doubt there is violence which takes place in every part of the world, but one can be religious and still be an abusive person. The Taliban claimed to be quite religions in their belief, but they would hit a women who accidentally showed are ankle and so forth.

Nur   

Wisdom Seeker

The Taliban were chased away for reasons much more complex than hitting women, the media made them villains and dehumanized them to justify their attack, later American planes obliterated them to rubbles as a chastisement for being bad boys, what made them bad boys:

-They hit women! funny indeed

-They do not allow education to women! funny again, France does the same thing if a woman wears Hijab, but not a cross.

-They harbor Fugitive Binladen! Well America worked with him for a decade on joint ventures, they should sort out their problems without endangering the entire world.

In my opinion, hitting a woman is adviced in the following cases:

1. Hitting her with passion

2. Breaking her down with intimacy

3. Captivating her with endearment

Nur