Sign in to follow this  
Nationalist

Desert beauty

We often forget that the desert can be more beautiful than the forrest. A blessing in disguise sometimes. Look at all the attention the other African, American and Australian deserts get. Surely we could take a glance at Somalia's desert.

Behold one of Somalia's deserts, the desert of Bari region, between Bosaso and Qardho. This region could be easily mistaken with Arizona or Australia's desert.

boosaaso_4_2004_001.jpggalgalo_4_2004_013.jpgboosaaso_4_2004_022.jpgboosaaso_4_2004_023.jpggalgalo_4_2004_006.jpggalgalo_4_2004_011.jpggalgalo_4_2004_012.jpggalgalo_4_2004_014.jpg

BN   

Thanks saaxib, I especially liked photos 1, 3, and 5. Did you take some of these yourself? :D

N.O.R.F   

Nationalist; is that a face depicted on the side of the mountain/hill? Post 2 Pic 3,,,,

Ballerz, so thats your lady back home ey? Are they see shells shes collected there? :D

Nice pics

Yes Northerner, it's indeed a face in that hill. It's called laba indhod and the face used to be much clearer in the past. Christians, Ethiopians as well as Europeans believe it to be the face of nebi Isse or Jesus Christ.

very nice pictures Ballerz, I always thought Sheikh was the most beautiful area of Sland.

N.O.R.F   

Well the face does resemble what the gaalo depict nabi Cise/Jesus to look like ie in there films etc. But where is is it excactly?

NASSIR   

I like the girl on the Beach lol. Reminds me of my city.

The other pictures, thanks, so beautiful. Where are those pictures, can you name a place or name for this place.