Sign in to follow this  
Yoonis_Cadue

This is the way forward regarding Women Education

Arawella   

YC

The mere fact that there is no correlation between the intelligence and the gender of a human reject your ideologies.

I suggest you look inside yourself and ask: Is it possible that it is I who is lacking in intelligence and not the women? smile.gif

PS: “What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.†(Oliver Wendell Holmes)

Xoogsade   

Does anyone know if Somali Community Organizations in North America can be of some assistance to schools like that? they might be a good source for more computers to that school. Ten computers are better than nothing but students may not all get access to them with convinience.

I think cooking classes should be available here in North America as well for some girls in their twenties who can't cook somali food. Waa ceeb gabaran cunto karin aqoon :D

Rahima   

^ Oh yes, we must do all to serve men :rolleyes: .

Get over it boys, this idea like some of your views stinks. Nothing wrong with learning to cook and/or sew on the side, but times have changed and you cannot call this ‘the way forward regarding Women Education’. There are more important things for us to learn, however it seems that some are trying as hard they possibly can to keep women under their feet. Ensure that she remains uneducated and you will forever have the slave in the palm of your hands :rolleyes: .

reer surwaalgaab are trying too hard to reverse all of that.

MMA,

Express as you like walaal, for I sense that you are referring to the chauvinists of our community, but must you identify them with a sunnah? Some chauvinists might just so happen to wear the Islamic attire, laakiin many others are also in the mukhyaado chewing on the green stuff or only at best going to the masjid for salaatul ciid.

To shorten the trousers for men is to follow the example of our blessed prophet. This should be used as a positive description rather then negative. That said, the degradation of women is not part of Islam, rather it is part of our culture and if you ask me a part which should be abolished. It is a culture practiced primarily by those who lack the understanding of our religion and most adore trousers below the ankles ;) .

Xoogsade   

Originally posted by Rahima:

^ Oh yes, we must do all to serve men :rolleyes: .

Get over it boys, this idea like some of your views stinks.

:D:D

Sis Rahima, I think some of you misunderstood the article. I understood "The way forward for women's education" to generally mean "progress" where there was non or little. There are more subjects to learn more useful to the communities, at the same time, according to the article, what is being offered in this school is not bad at all. We must congratulate the people who put much effort into this school and the teachers who will teach. It is funny that some schools in Somalia offer actually cooking classes. One of the schools in Xamar offers the same class and I suspect the cooking being taught here is not cooking Bariis and pasto but how to make some delicacies. If I find the link, I will post as it had pictures of the food cooked in the classes.

Btw, what kind of opinions expressed do you strongly disagree with? You said some of them stink.

PS: Won't you be the "Loving Wife" to your husband and cook?

Rahima   

^ No misunderstanding Xoog. I understood very well. My dislike and disagreement on this idea lies on the basis that cooking and sewing would be the predominate subjects taught to our sisters and that this is supposedly ‘the way forward regarding Women Education’. Bullocks! To get anywhere in this world you at least need the basics of education and that is not knowing how to cook and sew. Nothing wrong with having them as electives whilst at high school or having special schools (tertiary level of course, once the basics have been acquired) for these areas, but they must never be the predominate areas of learning for young girls. They will loose out on so much and it is on this basis that I still believe it stinks. To insinuate that this is ‘the way forward’ is to call for all of women’s education to be geared this way and thereby like I said keep them down, downtroddened and under your feet. This way you will hear nothing but ‘yes master’ and never get an assertive ‘no’ or at the very least a ‘why’ and most hopefully ‘get stuffed and jump off a lake’ :D .

Btw, what kind of opinions expressed do you strongly disagree with? You said some of them stink.

Best example:

I think cooking classes should be available here in North America as well for some girls in their twenties who can't cook somali food. Waa ceeb gabaran cunto karin aqoon

Ceeb? What is so shameful about not knowing how to cook? Is a women’s self-worth and dignity dependant on this :rolleyes: ? No! So why the ceeb is she does not know how?

PS: Won't you be the "Loving Wife" to your husband and cook?

All depends on his actions. Marriage is a contractual business. My actions depend on how he is- be nice to me and I shall be to you. Be an a'ss to me and well you get the drift... ;)

As for cooking in particular I’ll cook as the ‘loving wife’ so long as he either cooks for me as the ‘loving husband’ or whilst I do that, clean the whole house. Like I said business mate, business- I don’t plan to break my back for anyone other than my parents ;) .

juba   

its good to see the Somalis have put down their guns and focused their energies on something worthwhile and progressive.

Instead of criticizing we should be HAPPY anything is being done atall!

BTW don't the somali women already know how to sew and cook???