Sign in to follow this  
SoMa_InC

Damn!! Season is over and Its boring..

STOIC   

Soma-Inc, i know ever since high school (Kenya) you loved soccer.I kissed soccer goodbye after i was intoxicated with American Football.I do have Fox channel that airs soccer in my house but unfortunately i don't pay attention!.San Antonio are playing against the defending champions Detroit!.

Check NBA here!

SoMa_InC   

Stoic thanks for the insight. I'll try and make up sometime and watch it.

I remember you used to support Aston Villa back in the days but I tell you the suck now!!

BOB   

Soma_Inc,

How are you doing My Brother..

Yeah the season maybe over but there’s the Confederations Cup which is wonderful and tomorrow here in Africa we will have the World Cup qualifying matches and some of the great matches that are taking place tomorrow include.

South Africa Vs Ghana in Johannesburg.

Ivory Coast Vs Egypt in Abidjan.

Senegal Vs Togo in Dakar.

Nigeria Vs Angola in Kano.

These are some of the great matches that I will be watching LIVE through the weekend Insha Allah and as usual I will post the results and the table like the last time but believe me the days of the so-called smaller "Teams" in Africa are history Bro, because whoever thought tiny Togo with bunch of unknown players could beat the mighty Taranga Lions aka Senegal and then go on to lead the group by two points with only three matches to go to 2006 World Cup in Germany? Senegal must win this match at all cost other wise they can kiss their World Cup aspirations Good Bye.

Have you ever heard a team called "Plancas Negras"? well, that is Angola national team's nick name and believe it or not they beat Nigeria with all their superstars in Luanda and they are also level on points with the mighty Super Eagles who were lucky to get a draw at Kigali two weeks ago against the lowly Rwanda after Martins scored the equalizing goal in 79th minute and now they have to beat Angola in Nigeria.

Then there is Drogba's Elephants aka Ivory Coast who at one stage were leading Cameroon by 4 points and looked home and dry and may I add looked a safe bet to go to the World Cup, but they failed to beat Libya in Tripoli where Drogba wasted strings of good chances and suddenly the Indomitable Lion’s are now roaring and clawing their way back into contention as they are only two points behind Ivory Coast whom they will play against in the last group matches in Abidjan,(I can't wait for that match) Egypt is my favourite team when it comes to Africa but I have to be honest here, I will surprised if they even managed a draw but in Football you never know.

Bafana Bafana aka South Africa have their destiny on their own hands as all they need to do is make sure they beat Ghana tomorrow (Saturday) and they book their tickets to Germany but the team is weakened by the absence of Benni McCarthy through suspension and Quinton Fortune through injury while Ghana got all their super stars from Europe and don't forget they humiliated South Africa in Kumasi-Ghana when they beat them 3-0 courtesy of Stephen Appiah's double, but South Africa never lost a competitive match at home since 96 African Cup of Nations when they lost to Egypt 1-0 but went on to lift the cup and its understandable as they will have a 90,000 MAD SUPPORTERS in their favourite slaughter house in FNB Stadium in Johannesburg.

All in all, it is going to be a weekend full of excitement and goals and I predict all the home teams will win.

Peace,Love & Unity.

SoMa_InC   

^^^Bob good to see you are back brother, Where have you been lately? I hope you enjoying yourself.

Yea I do watch the confederations cup, its exciting. But as for the Africans qualifications, I shall be depending on your views and your opinions, as usual.

BOB   

SoMa_InC Greetings Bro,

you wont believe how some of the results went and these days African football has improved a lot as all the teams in Africa seem to have at least 2 players based in Europe.

Remember I said Ghana had no chance against South Africa? Well S.A lost 2-0 at home, their first loss since 96 and second goal was scored by Michael Essien in the dying seconds when S.A were chasing an equalizer and to me Stepehn Appiah was the main tormentor of the S.A team as they couldn't contain him and it was no surprise when he set up the both goals.

Then there is Senegal playing against Togo, a team with only one recognized super star player, Emmanuel Adebayor from Monaco, that lanky Kanu look alike player, Remember him?

They held Senegal with all their super stars to 2-2 at home with Adebayor getting the all important equalizing goal in the 73rd minute and now there is every chance that they might go to the world cup in Germany instead of Senegal with only 2 matches remaining and they sit on the top of the group with two points.

Then there is Nigeria, the mighty Super Eagles with all their Jay Jays, Kanus, Martins, Yakubus against Angola, a team with no house hold name players yet they went to Nigeria whom they beat 1-0 in Angola and got a 1-1 draw and now they also lead the group with two matches to play, don't be surprised if you hear Angola qualified for the world cup after rolling over Nigeria.

Last but not least, there is Ivory Coast, the most in form team in the entire African continent with the most lethal striker in the continent in the form of none other than, your boy Didier Drogba, the leading goal scorer in the African World Cup qualifying matches who hosted the mighty Pharaohs in Abidjan and I tell you, I have never seen an African team play with so much confidence against North Africans especially Egyptians and I can tell you this, Egypt were bamboozled and trust me African Football analysts are all raving about this team and it is not surprising when you consider the kind of squad they got, I am talking about Drogba, the Kalou brothers, one from Feyenoord and the other from Auxerre (formerly with Feyenoord) then Aruna Dindane from Anderlecht, Kolo Toure from Arsenal, their skipper Damroud a rock hard defender who once was in the books of Italian Giants Inter Milan and many more from the French league and in the end they comfortably won the match 2-0 and I think you can imagine who scored both goals, Yeah who else but Didier Drogba and the second goal was World Class, he received the ball inside his own half, beat three Egyptian defenders and unleashed unstoppable shot from a fully 30 meters. Simply Fantastic, I know I sound a commentator but bro, I wish you'd seen them play, they scored 15 goals and only conceded 3 goals and Drogba scored 7 of those 15 but do you know the best part? They haven't conceded a single goal at HOME yet Cameroon have to beat them at home to stand any chance of qualifying. (I can't wait for that MATCH in September Insha Allah).

Take Care Bro.

Peace,Love & Unity.

Bob,

Thanx for your info on the African qualifying matches. I never really knew what was goin on down there but its looking really exciting. If I'm guessing right, theres gonna be a whole lot of big names missing out on the WC2006 in Germany. I never knew nigeria of all countries would have a problem beating lowly teams like angola. But nowadays in football smaller are starting to beat teams they would normally lose to. Ivory Coast has got to be my favourite african team right now, I'm just cheering on my boy kolo toure.

The Confederations Cup is looking quite good this year I reckon argentina are probably going to win it. In this tournament, a final wouldn't be a final if weren't brazil V argentina, especially since brazil were beaten by argentina.

BOB   

$187$,

how are you doing Bro? yeah its always my pleasure to contribute and keep you guys informed about the events here in Africa.

take care bro and 1 Luv to Gunners.

Peace,Love & Unity.

NoVa   

Walks in the Room and sees bunch of boring Boy'z starin' @ her.....and wonder's whats all these fuzz' bout....Oh its only Soccer and not basketball'.lol..

Run's out b4 she' join's the Borin'club icon_razz.gif;)