Sign in to follow this  
Captain Warya

Breaking News: Shiikh Xasan Daahir Aweys oo Muqdisho soo gaaray

Originally posted by Libaax-Sankataabte:

The title “Sheikh” may or may not be a misnomer, but the interesting question here is why XDA chose to come to Mogadishu. If XDA came to Mogadishu as part of a secret peace accord with the TFG, I will be the first to herald him as a champion of peace at a time of great turmoil and mistrust. But if the old man entered the city without any change of view towards the TFG, then his unfussy arrival in Mogadishu may very well be an open indication of the TFG’s apparent inability, once again, to control the capital. If anything, this is a harbinger of ominous things to come and perhaps the prolongation of the same septic practices we got so used to.

We shall see what he is up to.

I guess it is now all clear as to what Aweys's intentions were.

Originally posted by Mintid Farayar:

quote:Originally posted by Libaax-Sankataabte:

The title “Sheikh” may or may not be a misnomer, but the interesting question here is why XDA chose to come to Mogadishu. If XDA came to Mogadishu as part of a secret peace accord with the TFG, I will be the first to herald him as a champion of peace at a time of great turmoil and mistrust. But if the old man entered the city without any change of view towards the TFG, then his unfussy arrival in Mogadishu may very well be an open indication of the TFG’s apparent inability, once again, to control the capital. If anything, this is a harbinger of ominous things to come and perhaps the prolongation of the same septic practices we got so used to.

We shall see what he is up to.

I fear your second point will be the true one. H.D. Aweys has tremendous potential to destabilize the current TFG, AMISOM, and whatever little peace exists in Mogadishu.

His tentacles stretch as far as Puntland and even further into Somaliland. While he doesn't have the ability to overthrow the governing entities up North, he does have significant capacity to destabilize them.

This situation should be closely monitored by all Somali-watchers and is potentially more significant than the Donors Conference in Europe.

What do you think?
Not to blow my own horn, but I've warned of this current turn of events from the beginning of the old man's return. Others in this thread (Xiin) have stated it was all in my head ;) I wonder what Mr.Xiin who never seems to get the political winds in the Somali peninsula correct will have to say on the latest developments.