Sign in to follow this  
BOB

From The Fans Point Of View.

BOB   

Hey Thanks for stopping by, I got some simple and not so simple questions for football fans so enjoy it.

1-Alex Ferguson is the most successful manager in England, does that make him the greatest manager ever in English football?

2-Real Madrid got some of the best players that ever played the game, does that mean automatically they are the best team in the world (even though they haven't won anything for how long? Past three seasons?).

3-Juventus won more Serie A titles than AC and Inter Milan put together but AC Milan won more European cups than both of them put together and its also AC Milan who command more respect than Juve, so who deserves to be crowned as the Kings of Italy (mind you, both Milan teams and many more in Serie A think Juve has the backing of the Italian Football Federation…and its tempting to agree with them)

4-Liverpool won more trophies than Man Utd and Arsenal and yet they are the second fiddle to these two teams both inside and outside of England, shouldn't the world give credit where its due?

5-Barcelona consider themselves to be the world's premier football club as they have the biggest stadium in the world and have more supporters than any other team in Spain and some of the greatest players ever played for Barca yet they only won 1 European cup and 17 championship while Real Madrid won 9 European cups and 29 (is it?) Championships so who is fooling who here?

6-England is said to be the home of football, most of the world famous football clubs are found or established by English men yet they only won one world cup which to this day Germans claim otherwise and they have never won Euro Cup while Germany & Italy won more world cups than any other European team yet they never claim to be the kings of Europe, when will the English learn that you win trophies and football matches on the pitch rather than in the media or will they ever learn?

7-If you were the president of one of these two great clubs Liverpool and Inter Milan how much money would you need to make them a champion in their domestic leagues and do they deserve to be called particularly Inter, the underachievers?

8-If you were an Arsenal manager, yes Mr Wenger what would you do differently to win the Champions League?

9-Between Serie A and La Liga (sorry Premier League) which league do you think is the world's best?

10-When will we ever see a Somali player strutting his stuff on the world’s biggest stage, right now playing for Somalia seems a distant and very ambitious dream so which country is the odds on to produce the world’s first Somali superstar?

Let's keep the passion going guys since there's no football topics to discuss about in the next two months and remember MAKE IT FUN for all of us to enjoy and please share your ideas and theories about the greatest game ever invented which of course FOOTBALL smile.gif .

Peace,Love & Unity.

SoMa_InC   

Bob sup bruv? Good questions and this are my thoughts.

1-Alex Ferguson is the most successful manager in England, does that make him the greatest manager ever in English football?

No....I would choose Sir Booby as the greatest manager. Sir Alex Fer has been successful but I wont name him as the greatest ever manager in England.

2-Real Madrid got some of the best players that ever played the game, does that mean automatically they are the best team in the world (even though they haven't won anything for how long? Past three seasons?).

No.

3-Juventus won more Serie A titles than AC and Inter Milan put together but AC Milan won more European cups than both of them put together and its also AC Milan who command more respect than Juve, so who deserves to be crowned as the Kings of Italy (mind you, both Milan teams and many more in Serie A think Juve has the backing of the Italian Football Federation…and its tempting to agree with them)

I think Juve deserves to be crowned the Kings of Italy.

4-Liverpool won more trophies than Man Utd and Arsenal and yet they are the second fiddle to these two teams both inside and outside of England, shouldn't the world give credit where its due?

No No No No....They dont deserve to be given any credit.

5-Barcelona consider themselves to be the world's premier football club as they have the biggest stadium in the world and have more supporters than any other team in Spain and some of the greatest players ever played for Barca yet they only won 1 European cup and 17 championship while Real Madrid won 9 European cups and 29 (is it?) Championships so who is fooling who here?

I also consider Barca as a great team as compared to Real Madrid.

6-England is said to be the home of football, most of the world famous football clubs are found or established by English men yet they only won one world cup which to this day Germans claim otherwise and they have never won Euro Cup while Germany & Italy won more world cups than any other European team yet they never claim to be the kings of Europe, when will the English learn that you win trophies and football matches on the pitch rather than in the media or will they ever learn?

For real, The english are ahead in the media and I dont see them winning any cups in the near future. Let them continue chatting about how they won the world cup in 1966.

7-If you were the president of one of these two great clubs Liverpool and Inter Milan how much money would you need to make them a champion in their domestic leagues and do they deserve to be called particularly Inter, the underachievers?

For sure Liverpool deserve to be called underacheivers. I dont see them winning the premier league in the next decades!

8-If you were an Arsenal manager, yes Mr Wenger what would you do differently to win the Champions League?

Sell the overrated players like Henry, pires, Ljumberg,Cygan and both Goalies.

9-Between Serie A and La Liga (sorry Premier League) which league do you think is the world's best?

La Liga.

10-When will we ever see a Somali player strutting his stuff on the world’s biggest stage, right now playing for Somalia seems a distant and very ambitious dream so which country is the odds on to produce the world’s first Somali superstar?

Asap and dont look far. Soma is currently playing for Charlton Athletics reserves and Inshallah sooner or latter dreams will come true.

I got my freind who plays for Fulham u17's and he is highly rated. Inshallah he will make it as well.

I know other kids from my block who play for luton, crystal palace and the likes. I wish them the best as well.

I think the premier league will be the first league to give us Somalis the opportunity.

peace

N.O.R.F   

Domestically Liverpool dominated in the 70 and 80 while Man Utd dominated the 90s, the new Millenium has not been dominated. In Europe, we all know who has dominated and have also won their 5th cup and get to keep it :D . The thing with Liverpool is they know thay have under-achieved in recent times and do not expect credit for that.

Arsenal need to realise that playing Charlton and playing Bayern Munich away in a knock out CL requires a change in tactics. A boring 0-0 draw in Muncich with a 4-5-1 formation may just be better than a 3-1 loss with a 4-4-2 formation :rolleyes:

Depends what your looking for, if technical ability is all your looking for then yes La Liga, but for alround skill, tactics, defence and chain smoking managers then Seria A it is.

Soon IA, when we are recognised as the most skillful bunch in a bad bunch in the UK.

When will we ever see a Somali player strutting his stuff on the world’s biggest stage, right now playing for Somalia seems a distant and very ambitious dream so which country is the odds on to produce the world’s first Somali superstar

Speaking of young somali players anyone heard of a young centreback called Issa Abdul Kadir who plays for Arsenal under18s.

Check out the link.

Issa AbdulKadir

Between Serie A and La Liga (sorry Premier League) which league do you think is the world's best?

I'd take La Liga everytime, I absoloutely hate how the Italian teams play,it is boring and not pleasing to the eye.

If you were an Arsenal manager, yes Mr Wenger what would you do differently to win the Champions League?

I'd definitly have more '05 FA cup final days. I think Wenger has finally learnt that he can't win every CL game by attacking. You can also see that Vieira is shielding the back 4 more than before.

Alex Ferguson is the most successful manager in England, does that make him the greatest manager ever in English football?

I dnt think so. I think Bob Paisley of Liverpool is the most successful. But greatest? I'd definitely say Wenger.

Viking   

He is. The English might want to say otherwise just because ferguson is Scottish.

The problem is that they have brought the DIVAS toegther. When this happens, no one is willing to work hard for the team but they instead tend to play more as individuals. They haven't won a darn thing since Makelele left (he was getting less than a half of what the "galacticos" were getting) and they fired him becauset hey didn't think he was worth a raise :D Chelsea gave him a good deal and he has played a major part in making them a massive team. Last 3 years?

- 2002/03 it was Milan

- 2003/04 it was Arsenal. Although they got knocked out of the CL quarters, they went the whole season ubeaten and played wonderful football.

- 2004/05 the best team in Europe for me is Chelsea. They have been very dominant in every competition and it took a determined, defensive L'pool with the help of a garve (linesman) error to stop them in the semis.

Real Madrid was without a doubt the best team for three years, 2000, 2001 and 2002.

Many people don't really understand this. Milan doesn't play at all like an Italian team; it's style is more like a mixture of Ajax, Real Madrid and Barcelona. Juve on the other hand play typical Italian football. They defend very much and their midfield has 3 defensive players and 1 creative player whereas Milan has 3 creative players and 1 defensive player. This means that Milan are vulnerable in Italy because the teams they play against don't rely on talent that much but more on playing cautiously. When they go to Europe, they play teams that play an open game where they are allowed to showcase their talent and play open, attractive football. Look at how Juve won the Scudetto this year, they have been very defensive and negative during most games and grinded the results in the end; that is typical Juve. Champions of Italy are without a doubt Juve and second best team in Europe is Milan (after Real Madrid that is).

Nottingham Forest won the European Cup twice (if I am not mistaken) and they don't get credit since they have not been up there with the best in the last 15 years. L'pool won their last (before 2005) European Cup 21 years ago and they have been replaced by Man U and Arsenal as the top sides domestically. This means that top players are not attracted to play for them. Teams that play a lot in Europe get millions of pounds every year and it enables them to get new top notch players. If L'pool stay in Europe, they'll make money and can strengthen the team and that would bring them back where they belong. Only then will they get the credit they deserve.

With Barcelona, it is the spirit that drives them. Since they are Catalans, they have always had an awkward relationship with Madrid, the team of the capital, which is seen to represent the govt. Madrid has also been attractive to top expensive players whereas the players who come to Barca are seen as dedicated and not there for the fame or the money. Look at Ronaldinho, he had to the chance to go to Man U (the richest club in the world) or Real Mdrid, but he opted for Barca, a team which hadn't won anything the last 5 years. Eto'o also refused to go to Real Madrid and chose Barca. The two have been instrumental in securing the league title this year. These two epitomise the Barca spirit. For me, Barca has always been the best, not for trophies but for attractive football and a high spirit.

The English invented football but they forgot to learn how it is played. Even AC Milan and Inter Milan were started by Englishmen. The English are champions of hype, they can defeat you before you get on the pitch but when the game starts, their inferior technique in the game shines through. I think it was Garry Lineker who once said; "Football is a game with 22 players and the Germans always win!"

Inter Milan have spent more money than Chelsea but they haven't got the results to show for. The problem has been that they have had poor coaches during the last 15 years. They have had the likes of Roy Hodgson, Lucescu, Zacheroni, Cuper etc. whereas Milan has had Capello (who wins a title everywhere he goes, won with Juve this year), Sacchi (current Real Madrid football director, the man who brought Luxemburgo) and Ancelotti (current coach).

Liverpool has had a similar problem but their squad has was quite inferior when compared to other big teams. They also stuck with Houllier for a very long time (the man has a negative mentality in football). This man had Heskey as his center forward whereas Inter Milan had the likes of Zamorano, Ronaldo, Vieri etc. but neither got the results. For Inter it has ben coahing staff and for Liverpool both coaching staff and players. Now L'pool has finally got a top coach who has already improved the squad remarkably. I am sure he will make L'pool stay among the top teams in Europe the coming years.

I would teach them to play differently in Europe. They cannot play against the likes of Bayern similar to how they play against Crystal Palace. They have to be more tactical. Look at L'pool, they adopted two different styles and succeeded in Europe. Although he has struggled to adapt to the Premier League, he has shown that football in Europe is won by the mind and not the heart (like in the Premiership). If they get that right, they will be go far.

Definately Serie A. La Liga was dominant but has faded in the last three years. Spain had two teams in the final of 2001 and their teams have failed since then to reach the finals. I am a big La Liga fan too, entertainmanet-wise, I still prefer them. But I see Serie A as (once again) the best league in Europe. Premiership comes second with the emergence of Chelsea as a dominant team and the win of L'pool in this years final. I think Premiership will bcome more dominant because they now have 3 teams (depending on how L'pool play in the Premiershp next season) who are fighting for the league. Italy and Spain still have 2 teams each as we have seen this year.

I think England or Holland.

nuune   

According to the Media and Myth, he is the most successful manager in the English Football, but according to the most credited football managers in the world, he hasn't reached that title of "Successful" or "greatest"

simply, they are not the greatest team in the world though they had the greatest players in the world, you can't have a club that buys the best players and produces nothing

it is AC MILAN, no doubt, that is why they won more CL cups and that is why they came to the final with Liverpool, but again judging from the domestic point of view, we can't deny Juve's performance, I would say, in terms of quality playing, Juv desereves to be the "Kings of Italy"

The world knows where LIVERPOOL stands at the moment, and they gave us more credit than any other team in the world, judging from the premiership point of view, every team had their own problems, Liverpool had their own problems this season in the premiership, but Liverpool won't repeat the mistakes they made this season in the domestic games, Liverpool done well in CL, They have been crowned as the kings of Europe, and what more respect can liverpool expect than to keep the trophy, yes, there is more respect from the World, more fans, more converted fans from other clubs, minute by minute, all football teams in the premiership gave us their support on the final with AC MILAN, what a respect.

Barca is a successfull club with talented players, and I think it is the game they display that made them earn those titles with no cups.

mojam   

If he is the most successful. yes, that would make him the greatest. However, he has access to more assets than other coaches.

On paper it does make Real the best team in the world but the fact that they haven't won anything in three years speaks for itself. The problem must be that they have assembled the best players in the world. Players who have had a lot of success and don't have much to prove. It's better to get someone hungry for success than someone who has had it all!

Milan are the kings of Italy. They have more supporters than Juventus. Even in Turin Juventus doesn't have many supporters. The locals tend to be Turino fans. Juventus' supporters are in the South of Italy. Besides the Champions league is harder to win than the scudetti.

Most of Liverpool's success is in the past. This is a good thing for the pride of the club, its fans, and its city. However, people have short memories. People want to what Liverpool wins today, not yesterday.

With that stadium, they can claim anything they like ;)

It really depends on how you look at it. Looking at this seasons ending results, it seems that Seri A is better. In Spain it seems there is a bigger gap between the top half and the bottom half of the table; In Italy there isn't such a big gap. For example, AC Parma nearly got relegated, however they made it all the way to the UEFA Cup semi-finals with the reserve team. Also in Italy you barely see teams losing by more than 3 goals; in Spain it is a different story. Looking at it a different way. In Italy , like the Eredivisie, the Championship is won by the same teams over and over again: Juventus & Milan. In Spain it seems to be more fair. The last couple of rounds have proven that.

As soon as there is peace in Somalia.