Sign in to follow this  
nuune

LIVERPOOL, LIVERPOOL, LIVERPOOL WON THE CUP, we made it

AYOUB   

^^^ gona luv this.. :D

Maradona: Liverpool Feat Better Than Brazil 1970 Side

Diego Maradona admits he was astonished by Liverpool’s comeback to win the Champions League final against AC Milan, saying even the Brazil 1970 World Cup winning side – widely considered the best the world has ever seen – would not have been able to achieve it.

Liverpool were trailing Milan 3-0 at half-time in Istanbul before three goals in six minutes saw the Reds draw level.

Rafael Benitez’s side then won on a penalty shoot-out to claim their fifth European title and deny Milan a seventh.

Maradona, speaking to Italy’s Sky channel, said: “Even the Brazil team that won the 1970 World Cup could not have staged a comeback with Milan leading 3-0.

“I am disappointed as anyone who has played in Italy would be,†said the former Napoli and Argentina favourite. “At 3-0 Milan were convinced that no-one could come back.

“But what has happened has happened. Milan never stopped playing and (Andriy) Shevchenko could have won it in extra-time (when Liverpool goalkeeper Jerzy Dudek made a double save).

“I have seen comebacks like that in football but never against a team that so clearly was superior as Milan were.â€

PA International

-------------------

nuune   

We have to defend the TITLE, it would be a boring CL next season without Liverpool, the talk is still going on, and we expect good results.

DIEGO IS AN ADOPTED SCOUSER

Football legend Diego Maradona was so enthralled with the passion of the Liverpool fans and the incredible comeback in Istanbul that he has now become an adopted scouser and is a Liverpool fan.

Maradona, one of the greatest players the world has ever seen, says Liverpool were a credit to football and gave a perfect example of what the game is all about.

Maradona was in Istanbul working for Argentine TV and said: "The English club proved that miracles really do exist. I've now made Liverpool my English team. They showed that football is the most beautiful sport of all.

"You knew they could defend but the team showed they could play too and wrote a page in the history books. The match will last forever.

"The Liverpool supporters didn't let me go to sleep the night before, there were 10 of them to every three Milan supporters. They showed their unconditional support at half-time when they were losing 3-0 and still they didn't stop singing."

Viking   

Yes, Milan Baros/Cisse are better than Pele! I can't believe what lengths people would go to to praise a team.

Maradona is junkie, he once said Aimar is the best player in the world a few years ago while disregarding others like Zidane, Ronaldo, Rivaldo etc who were at the top of their game. What he says has not much value. He was a wicked player but outside the pitch his opinions are worse than an ice-cream vendor.

And Johan Cruyff was the coach of the much praised Barcelona with Romario, Stoichkov, Koeman and co. when Milan thrashed them 4-0 in the CL final of 1994. I don't think he has gotten over that! :D

Liverpool have the best supporters in the world!

Liverpool have the best anthem in the world!

But only ONE player in Liverpool could get a place in the starting 11 of teams like Real Madrid, Barcelona, Juventus, Chelsea, Milan etc and that player is Gerrard. So much for the team that is "better" than the 1970 Brazil!

N.O.R.F   

^^^ :D

How beautiful sour grapes are my son.

I feel sorry for the premiership winners Chelsicvovich, no one is talking about them, already forgetten, how sad

:D Soma, i think Mourinho and his BS has gone to your head. Dont even bring Chelsea into this discussion, that Terry goal vs Barca should not have been allowed so please take it easy on the Mourinho type BS with us :rolleyes:

Maradona says:

The Liverpool supporters didn't let me go to sleep the night before, there were 10 of them to every three Milan supporters. They showed their unconditional support at half-time when they were losing 3-0 and still they didn't stop singing

Cruyff says:

There's not one club in the world so united with the fans. I sat there watching the Liverpool fans and they sent shivers down my spine. A mass of 40,000 people became one force behind their team. That's something not many teams have. For that I admire Liverpool more than anything

If only you guys knew what it is to be a Liverpool fan, the difference is the passion for the game is there for all to see. The cr*p atmospheres at the other 'big' clubs is a JOKE! That drab atmosphere for the 1st leg vs Chelsea where the Liverpool fans were making the noise, did you see the difference in Chelsea's street celebrations to liverpools? :D

As for that PENALTY, yes it was a dive and that why its even more beautiful to see an english player take a dive when playing in europe and especially against the italians in the CL final :D beautiful, Gattuso was nowhere near him :confused:

Milan didnt deserve to be in the final (PSV should won in the Semis)but Liverpool did!

We beat Juventus who beat Real Madrid, we beat Chelsea who beat Bayern Munich (who beat ARSENAL) and Barcelona and then we beat Milan who beat PSV and Internazional!

Liverpool will defend the cup next year as Eufa are under pressure to come up with a solution to the problems and force a rule change.

We are Liverpool

SoMa_InC   

Yes, Milan Baros/Cisse are better than Pele! I can't believe what lengths people would go to to praise a team.

Maradona is junkie, he once said Aimar is the best player in the world a few years ago while disregarding others like Zidane, Ronaldo, Rivaldo etc who were at the top of their game. What he says has not much value. He was a wicked player but outside the pitch his opinions are worse than an ice-cream vendor.

And Johan Cruyff was the coach of the much praised Barcelona with Romario, Stoichkov, Koeman and co. when Milan thrashed them 4-0 in the CL final of 1994. I don't think he has gotten over that!

Liverpool have the best supporters in the world!

Liverpool have the best anthem in the world!

But only ONE player in Liverpool could get a place in the starting 11 of teams like Real Madrid, Barcelona, Juventus, Chelsea, Milan etc and that player is Gerrard. So much for the team that is "better" than the 1970 Brazil!

They say excellent minds, think alike!!!

Viking, first class opinion. If only the likes of Jumatatu, Nunne and Northerner would realise....

N.O.R.F   

^^^sour grapes saxib, sour grapes, AC Miland and Chelsea were beaten by the mighty reds, and you will never hear the end of it :D

Maradona has always hated Brazil and had a go at them because he got the opportunity, nobody believes that Liverpool 2005 are better than Brazil 70 and nobody cares!!!!!!

We are European Champions, we dont care what anyone thinks, we did it! :cool:

stegerrard_carragher_01_120.jpg

You keep the Prem, Carling Cup and FA Cup, we have the BIG one!

Viking   

Originally posted by Northerner:

^^^sour grapes saxib, sour grapes, AC Miland and Chelsea were beaten by the mighty reds, and you will never hear the end of it
:D

lol North,

Walahi for me it is not sour grapes. I was happy to see L'pool win the trophy in the end. It means more to them that it would to AC Milan. Don't take this to be patronising in any way, the trophy will help L'pool come back as a force to be reckonned with (I hope) but for Milan it would just mean another trophy, no. 7, the FOURTH in the last 20 years while it is the FIRST in the last 21 years for L'pool.

But, anyone who watched the game knows that...

- Milan dominated totally and the L'pool players were cramping from chasing the ball for 120 mins.

- They know that the ref made blunders that had a direct effect on the the results.

- They also know that Milan created FAR more chances throughout the game.

The same hapenned to Chelsea, they were the better side overall, but they lost!

Be happy for the wins but don't make it seem as if the better team won, because that is not the case. Anyone who says that Chelsea and Milan didn't dominate L'pool in their games is very biased, but NONE in his right mind will deny that L'pool won. It is the results that count in the end.

PS: Kudos to L'pool, but I don't think it is time to brag yet! You have to win clearly and in style before you get the right to rub it in our faces! :D

Viking   

Milan didnt deserve to be in the final (PSV should won in the Semis)but Liverpool did!

North,

You are right when you say that PSV deseved to win, but when it comes to L'pool, your logic goes to hibernation. Did L'pool deserve to win the final because...

- They played better?

- They had more chances?

(be honest now)

Or simply because you support them and are blind when judging them?

I think you know the answer. At least I'm not blind when judging AC Milan, I said (on many occasions) that they didn't deserve to get past PSV on many occasions. But you can't say that L'pool were extremely lucky to get past Chelsea and Milan.

nuune   

we don't even believe the luck thing, it is the quality of game Liverpool presented that made them be "THE CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE" and it is that quality that many people can't even believe it, how did they do it, look the players>>> it is Gerrard, Cisse,Traori, dudek, Haamaan, Hypia, Smicer and their friends who performed the greatest football in Europe, may I say in the World!

N.O.R.F   

Viking

Milan didnt deserve to be there because they were dominated by PSV over two legs. Liverpool deserved to be there because Chelsea had one shot on target over 2 legs and we had 3 or 4. They cheated to get Alonso a ban in the 2nd leg hence why we were dominated at Anfield.

The funny thing is, as i watched that 2nd leg of PSV vs Milan and PSV looked like they were going to do it, i was rooting for Milan as i thought we had a better chance against them rather than the energetic Dutch side :D .

I aknowledge AC Milan created a number of chances but the heriocs by our players just makes it that much more satisfying. Any other team would have laid down and died!

Thats why its called the beautiful game and we love it!

N.O.R.F   

A week on and reactions are still coming in:

Thierry Henry is hoping Liverpool can build on their Champions League glory and challenge for the Premiership next season.

The Arsenal star is full of praise for the Reds following their remarkable European success and he feels it will be good for English football if they can take part in a four way battle for the league title.

"I really want Liverpool up there at the top," he said. "It will make it much more exciting. I hope they can catch up with us, Chelsea and Manchester United. A four way championship fight would be special.

"And you have to give credit to Liverpool. People say the English league is easy. These supporters point to the fact that English teams rarely do well in the Champions League - even though we have four teams enter every year.

"When I go home to France people poke fun at me, saying I only score so many goals because the Premier League is not difficult to play in. I always end up defending myself and English football. I do not think they are being fair.

"Well Liverpool, despite finishing fifth, have proved by winning the Champions League that the English league is indeed very strong. This has answered all those people who make remarks.

"Liverpool have done something for all of us and we should thank them. It was the most amazing final ever. At 3-0 down Liverpool looked completely dead. But they were able to show the fighting spirit which is so typical of an English team."

Henry also had words of praise for the club's brilliant supporters, adding: "Liverpool's fans are just amazing. The best feeling I have at away games is Anfield. It is just incredible. I love it.

"You get goosebumps when you see their supporters sing You'll Never Walk Alone."

Dietmar Hamann has revealed the agony he went through to keep Liverpool's Champions League dreams on track by taking a penalty against AC Milan with a fractured right foot.

Hamann netted Liverpool's first penalty in the shoot-out to give the Reds the advantage after Serginho had blazed Milan's first effort high over the goal.

But he has astonishingly revealed feeling a pain in his right foot towards the end of extra time which was later diagonsed as being caused by a small fracture.

"I can remember when I did it but not how," recalls Didi. "It was about five minutes from the end of extra time, and this sudden pain told me there was something wrong.

"I was determined to shake it off, despite the discomfort, and it was such an unbelievable game to be involved in that running on sheer adrenaline wasn't so much of a problem.

"By the time I walked up to the penalty spot I'd forgotten about it. All that mattered was making sure I scored and I can't remember feeling anything other than elation when my kick went in. I remember the team doctor putting some ice on it afterwards, but to be fair, we were all walking on air by then.

"It was only in the following few days that the swelling got worse, and by the time I showed it to the German team doctor, it had turned blue. He arranged for a scan and it turns out there was a small fracture."

SoMa_InC   

^^^^Sxb dont you think Henry is overrated? This British Media can make you a star. Now what amazes me most is the way they make Carragger as one of the best defenders in the world.

N.O.R.F   

^^Would Terry/Lampard be the men they are without Makalele?

Henry is World Class in a lacklustre premiership!

N.O.R.F   

Liverpool get in Champions League

BBC

But any other English teams involved - from Chelsea, Arsenal, Manchester United and Everton - will still get less money than they would have done were Liverpool not involved.

:D:D Who cares?

nuune   

^^^^ good news indeed, LIVERPOOL to defend their CUP, that is the way it should be.

it should be boring without Liverpool, now they r in, everything is going smooth for Liverpool,

also Dutch Striker Dirk Kuyt has claimed he would welcome a move to Liverpool, Benitez was very keen on the Feynoord man.