Sign in to follow this  
nuune

LIVERPOOL, LIVERPOOL, LIVERPOOL WON THE CUP, we made it

AYOUB   

What a game that was!

North,Juma,Nuune and Ngonge : What was going though you heads at 3-0 down? :D

Bachelor   

Indeed what a game. I called sick from work and it really worth it and it keeps me in the edge of my sit. A game that will be remembered for the next fifteen or twenty years to come. Sad part is thought they wont be in next year. I just hate this new rule. This guys deserve to be in next year, they been underdog for quite sometimes and proofed many of us wrong. Nuune, Northern, Ngonge and the rest of Liverpool supporter congrat and enjoy party

PS: Nuune your dance reminded me Dudak :D

mojam   

Congrats to all you Reds fans. It really sucks that Liverpool won't be able to defend the title. However, this is Liverpools #5 trophy and you got to keep it!

SoMa_InC   

Are you lot gonna go in and talk about this crap now! Liverpool never deserved even to be in the finals but I would only congratulate if you lot and the press stop chatting mess about how Gerrald and Carrager were!

The none English players like Dudek and Hamman (Who I beleive changed the game) were excellent but they are not talked about. Fck this english overrated players man!!

And lastly, I think Milan were harshly treated as Dudek was over the line on both occasions that he saved the penalties!!

Anyways there is always next season.

Peace

Jumatatu   

Originally posted by SoMa_InC:

[QB And lastly, I think Milan were harshly treated as Dudek was over the line on both occasions that he saved the penalties!! [/QB]

This statement clearly shows the neo-Chelsea supporters have no inkling of the game itself (football). To deny this victory shows the bitternes in you Soma. If it will make you feel good just think of the thought that Benitez did all this without the bulging wallet of a Russian billionere and with a team that costs less than Chelsea. Cause in Liverpool football is a passion and it is priceless which reminds of a joke I read from Liverpool Echo:

Manure (Man United) £800m

Chelski £400m

Arsenal £250m

Liverpool winning the Championship League (fifth time) priceless

:D:D:D

Viking   

Originally posted by Jumatatu:

quote:Originally posted by SoMa_InC:

[QB And lastly, I think Milan were harshly treated as Dudek was over the line on both occasions that he saved the penalties!!

This statement clearly shows the neo-Chelsea supporters have no inkling of the game itself (football). To deny this victory shows the bitternes in you Soma. [/QB]
Jumatatu,

L'pool did win but Soma has a point. Dudek was way out of his line on at least one occasion. A referee of such a 'high' standard should have warned him and ordered for a retake. This particular ref didn't. There were also further mistakes from the ref which cost Milan dearly...

1) Baros was offside seconds before Smicer scored and the ref ignored the linesman who was waving his flag relentlessly.

2) Shevchenko also had a legitimate goal ruled offside since teh ball was passed to him by a L'pool defender.

3) Gerrard took a dive and L'pool was awarded a penalty. Gattuso held his hand metres before he plunged to the ground and tehre was NO contact whatsoever between their legs/feet when Gerrard went down.

If the ref hadn't committed these three mistakes (I know you will be thinking of Nesta's handling of the ball inside the penalty area) then the results would have been very different. Also keep in mind that those who live in the UK hear their (naturally) biased commentators who don't mention this mistakes somehow (although they whined repeatedly about Nesta's handling of the ball in the penalty area) but the mistakes that that favoured L'pool were not mentionned. I changed from SKY to ITV during the first half because Andy Gray was silent and grumpy after Milan scored early on. I found the ITV commentators to be slighty less biased.

But, referees do make mistakes during a game, just as they did in the semis when L'pool were awarded a goal that never went in. Things like this happen on many occassions and they unfortunately affect the outcome.

Besides all that happenned in L'pool's favour, they fought like lions. The players were cramping all over the field after chasing the ball for over 120mins...although the ref had his share of blunders, Milan lost on penalties.

Bravo Liverpool! They won the most exciting CL league finals I've ever seen.

PS: Good luck to them in the UEFA cup next season! :D

nuune   

^^^^

PS: Good luck to them in the UEFA cup next season!

and we gona win it, no doubt smile.gif

about Dudek and the lines, if it was the premiership, the referee should have said BIG no, but again this is different, it is called CL and not Premiership!

ps: I feel sorry for the premiership winners Chelsicvovich, no one is talking about them, already forgetten, how sad :D , talk about an icon, you have it here >

LIVERPOOL

L'pool fully deserved that victory as Milan yet again proved that they haven't learnt from their previous lessons and get complacent too easy. Remember Depor last season when they were down 4-1 and still managed to beat Milan, this Milan team is over-confident. I dnt see how they could improve by gettin better players because they already have,what I think, the best the combination of players in the whole of Europe.

Gerrard took a dive and L'pool was awarded a penalty. Gattuso held his hand metres before he plunged to the ground and tehre was NO contact whatsoever between their legs/feet when Gerrard went down.

Viking, Gatusso pulled down Gerard with his hands and that is why the ref gave a penalty.

L'pool were awarded a goal that never went in.

The ref would have awarded a penalty adn cech would have been sent off, I think he did chelski a favour.

Viking   

Viking, Gatusso pulled down Gerard with his hands and that is why the ref gave a penalty.

Gerrard actually took a few steps (where there was no contact with Gattuso) before he fell on his knees. But refs do make mistakes and this happens quite often nowadays because there is so much money involved in football.

The ref would have awarded a penalty adn cech would have been sent off, I think he did chelski a favour.

Chelsea got off quite easy, but they failed to score during both legs so they can't complain much. Milan cored three goals but two of them were cancelled through dubious goals. They got the chance to redeem themselves through penalties but fell short.

Do you think Gooners deserved the FA Cup this year? I don't think they deserved it but no one can deny that they won it. Liverpool didn't "deserve" to win the game, but they won it anyway. They were dominated the whole game and a string of spectacular goal-line saves helped keep Milan out until the game ended. If we are talking about "deserve", Milan didn't deserve to lose the game, just like PSV didn't deserve to lose to them in the semis. But in football, the team that scores more goals in the end wins, no matter how well they played during the match.

SoMa_InC   

L'pool did win but Soma has a point. Dudek was way out of his line on at least one occasion. A referee of such a 'high' standard should have warned him and ordered for a retake. This particular ref didn't. There were also further mistakes from the ref which cost Milan dearly...

1) Baros was offside seconds before Smicer scored and the ref ignored the linesman who was waving his flag relentlessly.

2) Shevchenko also had a legitimate goal ruled offside since teh ball was passed to him by a L'pool defender.

3) Gerrard took a dive and L'pool was awarded a penalty. Gattuso held his hand metres before he plunged to the ground and tehre was NO contact whatsoever between their legs/feet when Gerrard went down.

Viking Sxb you said it as it is!!!! The ref made Liverpool win it...Surely they never deserved it.

nuune   

^^^^

Surely they never deserved it.

a defiant Soma, did you forgot the 3 goals in just 6 minutes, we were the one's who knocked you out from CL, u also said we didn't deserved that game, but Liverpool won the cup, and they gona keep it for the rest of their lives, don't forget that too!

Jumatatu   

^^And the fact Nuune that the big Ego-man Jose Mourniho will have to cease now claiming that he won the Championship league.... :D:D

Forget about Soma and Viking and read what Football legends think of Liverpool's victory:

Football legend Diego Maradona was so enthralled with the passion of the Liverpool fans and the incredible comeback in Istanbul that he has now become an adopted scouser and is a Liverpool fan.

Maradona, one of the greatest players the world has ever seen, says Liverpool were a credit to football and gave a perfect example of what the game is all about.

Maradona was in Istanbul working for Argentine TV and said: "The English club proved that miracles really do exist. I've now made Liverpool my English team. They showed that football is the most beautiful sport of all.

"You knew they could defend but the team showed they could play too and wrote a page in the history books. The match will last forever.

"The Liverpool supporters didn't let me go to sleep the night before, there were 10 of them to every three Milan supporters. They showed their unconditional support at half-time when they were losing 3-0 and still they didn't stop singing."

Marodana in his hey days

Maradona.jpg

Jumatatu   

Dutch legend Johan Cruyff has praised Liverpool to the heights and added he was personally moved by the Reds supporters in Istanbul and the rendition of You'll Never Walk Alone sent shivers down his spine.

Cruyff says the Liverpool supporters are special and the greatest in the world and were the 12th man to lift their team to a wonderful victory.

Cruyff said: "There's not one club in Europe with an anthem like You'll Never Walk Alone.

"There's not one club in the world so united with the fans. I sat there watching the Liverpool fans and they sent shivers down my spine. A mass of 40,000 people became one force behind their team. That's something not many teams have. For that I admire Liverpool more than anything."

Cruyff also had praise for manager Rafael Benitez for the way he turned Liverpool's fortunes around at half-time.

Cruyff said: "Benitez is now in a new echelon of top coaches in Europe. Only the best coaches in the world can inspire comebacks like that.

"I always rated him when he worked in Spain. His vision, the way he made his team play, their style proves he's a very modern coach.

"Benitez showed in the second half how attacking he can make Liverpool play. Maybe he should have done it earlier but he showed the character and quality of a truly top coach.

"In the second half he created pressure on Milan. He took a full back out, put an extra man in midfield and we saw all the real one-to-one fights in the most important areas of the field. That's where Liverpool beat the great Milan.

"With this victory Liverpool now have a coach touched by the glory of the great Liverpool teams of the past.

"I rate Steven Gerrard so highly and he is one of the best midfielders in the world and I call Jamie Carragher my Marathon Man. He looks like a marathon runner whose legs are turning to jelly as he's about to cross the finishing line but he finds more energy to get there. The sliding tackle he made after receiving treatment for cramp summed up the character of the team. He was phenomenal.

"Jerzy Dudek is the man whose saves brought Liverpool the European Cup. The man has been criticised for a year. The double save he made from Shevchenko gave him the confidence to perform like he did in the penalty shoot-out. He took the mickey out of the Milan players during the shoot-out. He drove them crazy!"

09-Johan_Cruff_120x80.jpg

Source: www.liverpoolfc.tv

Jumatatu   

Sir Bobby Robson has called for Rafael Benitez to be given an oscar for the best supporting role he has ever seen in football and says Liverpool must be in the Champions League next season.

rafa_final_02_120x80.jpg

The former Newcastle United and England manager is an admirer of Benitez and Liverpool and says he was absolutely delighted the Reds won the Champions League.

Robson said: "Managers have to be like actors at times and Rafa Benitez deserves an Oscar for his half-time performance in the dressing room during the Champions League Final.

"His half-time performance when all was lost in Istanbul was the most astonishing of the whole amazing night.

"Rafa must have been incredibly low when he went in to address the Liverpool players but the last thing he would have done is transmit what he really thought to the team.

"If hed gone in and vented his true feelings at being 3-0 down, his players would have lost any self belief they had left. Instead Rafa earned his annual salary in those 15 minutes with his players behind closed doors. After getting the runaround from AC Milan, they needed hope, guidance and confidence and Rafa provided it.

"Liverpool have to be allowed into the Champions League next season. Their heroes like Gerrard and Jamie Carragher deserve nothing less. Most of all Rafa deserves it."