Sign in to follow this  
nuune

LIVERPOOL, LIVERPOOL, LIVERPOOL WON THE CUP, we made it

nuune   

liverpool won on penalties after 90 minute and extra 30 minute.

I can't express my happiness guys smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

Liverpool Kings of Europe once again

liverpoolgifs2zn.gif

sorry if I forgot the names of my liverpool fans on this image smile.gif

nuune   

Liverpool are Kings of Europe once again following a dramatic penalty shoot-out victory over AC Milan in the Ataturk Stadium on Wednesday night.

kings.jpg

WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Liverpool have won the Champions League trophy after an amazing comeback.

The English side scored three goals in five minutes in the second half to take the match to extra time, and eventually won in a nerve-shattering penalty shootout.

Liverpool skipper Steven Gerrard scored with a header in the 54th minute before Vladimir Smicer netted two minutes later.

Xabi Alonso equalised for the Reds in the 59th minute after Gerrard was brought down for a penalty.

Alonso's kick was saved, but he followed up to score.

This is how the penalty shoot-out went

Serginho missed Milan's first spot-kick - Dudek's dancing on his line clearly put him off - allowing Hamann to fire in Liverpool's first effort. Then Dudek saved Pirlo's next effort, allowing Cisse to ram home the next one to give Liverpool a two-goal lead.

Tomasson kept his nerve to score from the next kick, and Dida saved Riise's next effort to crank up the tension, with Kaka levelling the scores with the next Milan effort.

Smicer was next up to send Dida the wrong way, and then amazingly Shevchenko missed and Liverpool had won the trophy

Pacifist   

Viva la Liverpool

They have always been my team ever since back in the days. Don't really have soccer cable at home although missed watching it.

Liverpool and Man United were always my team

Congrats Liverpool let me go get my jersey... :D

nuune   

^^^^ Pacifist thanks for the support, but you can't combine liverpool and Man United in your favorite list together, am sure Liverpool is your first choice,

greaaaaaaaaat night though smile.gif

what a night, 3 goals in just 6 minutes, what a come back,

now is United who didn't get any trophy this season and they won't get any next season :D

Faheema.   

I have to admit Liverpool did play brilliant game the second half...Quality game overall.... unlucky, I thought Ac Milan had it in the bag... 3-0 up first half.. unpredictable as the british weather :D

nuune   

Pacifist, lets celebrate smile.gifsmile.gif

_41185433_penmiss.jpg

^^^^ an inspired performance from Jerzy Dudek sees Liverpool win the final

_41185457_gerrardtrophy.jpg

^^^^ Gerrard, briliant performance

Jumatatu   

Guys am speechless, I simply dont have the words to express it, it has not sunk it yet, I cannot believe it, but then again that is why I not only support Liverpool but luvvvvvv them, what the heck after all....

WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Nuune, Ngonge, Northern and the rest of KOP fans enjoy it was long time coming which makes it more sweet

NGONGE   

Amazing, astounding, awe-inspiring, breathtaking, extraordinary, hair-raising, heart-stirring, magnificent, marvellous, miraculous, moving, overwhelming spectacular, spine-tingling, striking, stunning, stupefying, stupendous, wonderful.

Pick your own word to describe what 500 million people have witnessed here in Istanbul tonight.

What the hell ? pick a few. No single word can describe the greatest comeback ever known in world football.

Liverpool's amazing European Cup adventure ended in triumph in Istanbul on Wednesday night as 40,000 scousers painted the city red on what must go down as the greatest ever victory in the club's illustrious history.

Nothing might ever beat the joy of 1977 when Bob Paisley's team first lifted the greatest trophy in club football but this win, ending as it did a 21-year wait to bring the cup back to Speke airport, is nothing short of miraculous.

Three-nil down at half-time, many fans wanted the game to end there and then to save further humiliation.

Those fans hadn't counted on Rafael Benitez's half-time team talk though. Whatever he said in that dressing room turned the whole history of this great club around. Benitez and his class of 2005 have written their own names into the history books.

No matter what happens to Jerzy Dudek, Steve Finnan, Sami Hyypia, Jamie Carragher, Djimi Traore, Luis Garcia, Steven Gerrard, Xabi Alonso, John Arne Riise, Harry Kewell, Milan Baros, Djibril Cisse, Dietmar Hamann and Vladimir Smicer later on in their careers, no one will ever be able to take away the fact that they were the men who won the European Cup for keeps here in Turkey. Twenty-eight years after Emlyn Hughes first lifted the trophy for Liverpool, the Reds will never have to hand the cup back. As five-times winners, UEFA have awarded the cup to Liverpool to keep. A new one will have to be made.

In the terraces, there were tears of joy from some fans who made up the greatest show of support on foreign soil since Liverpool took 40,000 fans to Dortmund for the UEFA Cup final in 2001. If there are supporters like this anywhere else in the world, we've yet to meet them. With defeat staring us in the face, the Liverpool fans took it upon themselves to lift their heroes for the last time this season and boy did it work.

Benitez himself was cool as hell. It was if he knew all along just how it would pan out. Even at 3-nil, he didn't panic. He didn't throw Cisse straight on as most of us would have. He waited and he got his reward at the end.

The Spaniard has captured the imagination of Liverpool fans all over the world this season and while he might be the first Anfield boss since Shankly to have neither risen up through the ranks of players or staff, he's quickly learned just what matters most to the people who turn up to cheer on the club. The league title may be our bread and butter but no set of supporters in the world revere the European Cup and the fantastic nights that come with it quite as much as Liverpool's.

The celebrations have started in Istanbul. On Thursday, when the team parade the Cup through the streets, they'll be even bigger.

Liverpool FC - Kings of Europe. How good does that sound?

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/

N.O.R.F   

I am absolutely over the moon guys, Nuune, Ngonge, Juma, Sujui, we did it lads we did it!!!! :D :cool: smile.gif

The best final i have ever witnessed, the dispair at half time thinking a battering was on the cards, the crazy six minutes, that save by Dudek in the last seconds of extra time, the penalty by Gattuso, the misses from Milan, the inpiration of the fans from all walks of life, all colours, all religions but were all for one night together in unity as Liverpool fans, the best fans in the world no doubt!

walk on walk on walk on

Like Juma stated, i do not only support this club, i LOVE them!

I shall write a longer analysis of our CL Season later on.

Peace

Congrats to Liverpool for such an amazing night.

Against all odds and coming back from behind like they did was amazing. Simply unbelievable.

I was disappointed with the first half and never thought they would be back but football has away of surprising you. The manner in which Liverpool unravelled and humbled Milan was quite terrific. The Milan players where in shock and couldn’t believe what was unfolding in front of their very own eyes. Dudek should always be the Numero Uno in this case as he single handedly won the cup for Liverpool.

N.O.R.F   

_41185503_milan.jpg

^^^^ :D:D:D

_41185519_milanfansa.jpg

_41185639_carra.jpg

^^the heart of Lion!

_41185499_ger.jpg

_41185489_benitez.jpg

^^ gerrard was inspirational in the 2nd half, i felt sorry for serginho who couldnt get past him, Rafa the gaffa is the BEST manager in the world!

Congrats to the Reds and their fans. Well done. :cool:

I fell into a paralytic stupor as soon as I got home last night, so I didnt catch the game, but it sounds like it was quite a match. :D

N.O.R.F   

Destined

A Liverpool fans perceptive on a fantastic CL Season

Watching nearly all of Liverpool’s CL games this season, I could not but think the small things that happened throughout those games. I pondered all day yesterday if we were destined to win.

We qualified by a single goal against a Swiss team (I think) and Michael Owen stayed on the bench and moved to Real Madrid the next days with the hope of ‘winning’ things. No chance is what I thought of our CL chances, I just hoped for an improved season after what we got with Gerard Houllier.

So the premiership season got under way, we got a draw away at Spurs and I was rather impressed with our performances during those early games. We played Monaco and beat them 2-0 at Anfield with Cisse grabbing a goal. Hmmm not a bad start I thought. Then he subsequently broke his leg in that horrific ‘accident’ away at Blackburn witnessed over iftar during Ramadan.

We went on to play Olympiakos and lost 1-0 in a dire performance, which I wasn’t surprised with and then, drew 0-0 to Deportivo at Anfield in a game we should have won. Then during the return leg at Depor, players like Igor Biskan and Djimmy Traore stepped up to the plate and played their best games in a red shirt, we came away with a 1-0 scoreline (an own goal).

Then

That game vs Olympiakos at Anfield. 1 nil down at half time to a Rivaldo freekick, we needed 3 goals in the second half and not conceeded. Rafa the gaffa brought on Pongo who scored within 2 mins, then he brought on Mellor who scored within 10 mins, then Gerrard scored a screamer in last seconds to see us through to the last 16.

We got the draw we all hoped for, Vs Bayer Leverkusen and looked forward to avenge their ‘lucky’ win against us in 2002 where we could played Man Utd (whom we had already beaten 3 times that year) in the semis. Anyway, we killed them!

Bring on Juve on a night of passion at Anfield, what a 1st half. The goals came early, Delpi’s goal was ruled offside (wrong decision) but you need some luck in these games. Ibrahimovic hit the post, Carson made a great save from Delpi but then made a huge error in the 2nd half.

Onto the 2nd leg, Gerrard banned, Alonso was back! A great performance away from home against the about to be crowned champions of Italy. That header against the post by Cannavaro and subsequent fumble of Messieurs Dudek and Traore, that miss by Ibrahimovic, it was looking good from a Liverpool perceptive.

Chelski

There will be an English team in the final was the cry from all the media. No doubt most of them thought Chelsea would do it. But not me, I had that feeling that we could do it. Which we did. That miss by Lamps, that miss by Drogba, that dive by Gudjohnson, the yellow for Alonso, the disputed goal, that last minute miss by Gudjohnson, the comments by mourinho, the atmosphere at anfield. Brilliant!

AC Milan

What can I say, 3-0 at half time I was ready to leave and head back home and sulk for the next couple of days. But something inside my said, hold on geezer, miracles are possible, so I said ok, lets at least make it respectable by scoring 1 goal to make it 3-1 which wouldn’t look too bad in the history books.

The crazy 6 mins in the 2nd half changed everything. The constant cr*p coming out of the mouths of Arsenal fans had stopped, the Man Utd fan realised that we could do this and it go down as ‘the’ best ever come back, even better than their in 1999. The nerves came back, the constant threat from Scheva, Kaka, Pirlo, Seadorf was all there to see.

That Save

Dudek is the sort of keeper who you love and hate all at the same time and all in the same game. If I was to be ultra critical, then he should have saved that Maldini goal. But, what an amazing double save. That’s when I knew it would be our cup.

Penalties

Great penalties by the lads and Dudek got the old spegetti legs,LOL.

Brilliant!

goes off to buy a Liverpool shirt!