Sign in to follow this  
Gabbal

The Abandonment of Cabdulahi Yusuf.

Sky   

windtalker,

Reer Puntland won their war (not militarily) to oust Col Yeey and his dictatorial self out of their peace-loving regions. It is now Reer Somalia's turn to oust him.

that was a pretty dumb thing to say. you just gave fuel to the ppl who want this new government of geedi to fail. get one line of thinking man, youre confusing most of us and amusing the rest.

But hey, who listens to me? I just talk to the wind

ppl want to hear your views that comes from the heart.

Xoogsade   

Bro Sky, yea, I rejoice to see a Puntlander talking bad about A/Y. I am so happy that I can't type this post. How nice and comforting really.

Honestly, saxib, I always give credit to puntlanders and their respect for each other, at least on important common issues they deal with. They chose peace when they could fight A/Y. You know how far others would go to fight anyone they disagree with and don't care how many die in the process of settling conflicts through tribal wars. I have great respect for northerners and for puntlanders for the way they settle their internal disputes.

Anyway saxib, A/Y has what he earns through credibility and getting along with others today. His failure or success will depend on how he works with others and the compromises he makes. Hadduu aniga teydaa soconeyso soo istaago, he will definitely lose. Isn't that the whole issue today? Propaganda for and against A/Y? There is nothing else going on now.

Sky   

xoogsade, dont get me wrong sxb. c/yussef is an ashole and only a fool would deny it. but thats why he is fit to become president of the unruly somalis. a whopping 189 parlementarians voted for him, so its only dignified for anybody to acknowlegde his legitimacy and give him the chance to prove what hes worth. windtalker was right though, we puntlanders are glad his azz is gone from our face. but we also believe that his place is to pacify southern somalia and not nurture puntland. he pacified puntland and now he can hit the road to muqdisho to the same thing. but what windtalker mistook is that whats bad for puntland is bad for southern somalia. NOT! the two are not the same. and with that i acknowledge that when c/yussef does his job he was elected for, that we must enter a new chapter and that an c/musse from southern somalia should be elected to nurture southern somalia to its full potential. thats my take on this sxb. clear and simple.

compromises are important, but its a 2-way street. better yet the muqdisho warlords are the ones expected to sacrifice not c/yussef. plus the somali ppl are not all reer muqdisho who support their socalled muqdisho leaders whom use their ppl to enrich themselves. c/yussef therefore was voted into office to show his gacan bir to these maggots called caato-qanyare-yalaxow etc. it was no secret even before he was elected that he would bring in troops to secure peace in southern somalia, settle temporarily in another city (baydhabo) till muqdisho is suitable enough etc. yet the parliament voted for him knowing his character and plans very well.

think about it and dont come with that he bribed the whole parliament. even if he did, why didnt the muqdisho warlords do it to defeat him before he could become "a monster in the making". im sure they have the money. it would be a smart investment considering the hassling and juggling they are in right now. the muqdisho warlords are UR (xoogsade) enemies, not c/yussef. tell me one thing c/yussef did to reer muqdisho other than: what hes going to do! the hard currency flowing into ceel macaan port goes to the pockets of one walord and his posse, while actually the ppl of that region have the right to that money to build schools, hospitals and establish a modest police force oo amaanka suga. thats what bothers me, the blindness. if c/yussef or any other would pocket the money from boossaasso port to build houses and purchase sattelite tv, koow baa laga siin lahaa! boossaasso port taxes went to two things only: 1) the development of puntland state and 2) the campaign in mbagathi for the somali presidential seat.

about the peaceloving puntlanders. all credit is due to the puntland president general c/musse. if it was not for him; his forsight, love and mildness. puntland would be in flames right now, while now puntland is achieving more development in c/musses 100plus days than during c/yussefs 6-year rule. which also would have the consequence that no new government would be even born in mbagathi with the absence of puntland in the peace talks. general c/musse is not just a hero to puntland, but to all somalis.

Xoogsade   

Waa runtaa saxib. I don't think anyone questions A/Y's presidency though including the warlords. Decisions to separate himself along with some of the government body works against him. The further away he is, the easier for others to whip up opposition based on sentimentality. It plays well with the audience. The Capital being in Xamar is very personal as much as ethiopian troops are religiously hated. I think if these two issues were absent, Atto and Yalaxoow would be begging people of xamar to forgive them. They might have died of shame as people heap curses on them whenever they came face to face with them, waa haddeyba quluub naxdo leeyihiin. A/Y aa naga fogaadey saxib ee nimankaan waa loo dhaarsanaa. Dhibaato wexey ka taagan tahay, go'aamada uu ku adkeystey waa kuwo si fudud colaad loogu tarjumi karo. I can safely say majority of Somalis don't like ethiopians and they don't mind Xamar to remain their capital. Inshallah I think good things will come out of these confusions and disputes. At least, now they know how to talk and align themselves in groups of interests rather than tribe-based factions.

PS: If A/Y is the same tribe as my Ayeeyo, am I allowed to take shots at him as I am quarterly related to him?

Sky   

dabcan muqdisho is the undisputed capital of somalia. even if we would have un unbiased research on which city should become capital of somalia (leaving out the security issue of course) than muqdisho would rise above the rest no doubt. BUT! we are not talking about capital and whatnot. we are talking about the seat of the government. security in muqdisho is poor. not for the average person, no. but for a government to settle there, yes! especially if the face on that government is the face of none other than c/yussef. and in carta waxaa lagu heshiiyey that baydhabo should be the transitional seat of the government. c/qassim, the man of muqdisho broke that agreement.

have you ever heard of the hague? the hague is the seat of the dutch government and the international war crimes tribunal. yet amsterdam is the capital. in our case the government will only settle temporarily in another somali city till dust settles in the cowboyville of muqdisho. whats wrong with that bro? muqdisho is still the official capital (to be honest; was there another option to begin with since muqdisho was IT and the rest waa rooti during somalias modern history) and the government will go to muqdisho as soon as its possible. ileen waa dantooda inay muqdisho degaan.

to have ethiopian troops roaming on our soil is like dogs roaming on our carpet in the salooto. laakiin that issue is over and no ethiopian troops are allowed on our soil thank Allaah. ugandan and sudanese and maybe nigerian are coming. so whats the big deal here too? they are not gonna attack any militias (dont even think they have the guts to do so), but they will protect the government and state till substantial somali forces are ready to take over. isnt that great? last thing we want is this infant government to be obliterated and see our hopes disappear.

mise reer muqdisho actually started believing the lies they were spoonfed with by a handful of gangster warlords through hornafrik, dayniile and co.? reer muqdisho waa inay ogaadaan that these men qanyare-yalaxow-caato are their enemies. labada qolo isku dan ma ahan. these gangsters (where im from gangster is actually a compliment :D ) are the ones who want to keep the status quo. and i assume the ppl of muqdisho are SICK N TIRED of the status quo!

ps: haduusan ku dhalin, the shots against colonel yeey are all fair game. :D

Jumatatu   

Originally posted by Sky:

reer muqdisho waa inay ogaadaan that these men qanyare-yalaxow-caato are their enemies.

Sky, you want Reer Muqdisho to believe coming from you that these guys are their enemies while C/llahi Yusuf is their saviour. Just turn around the situation and tell me if you would have belived them had they advised you the same, I doubt it.

and i assume the ppl of muqdisho are SICK N TIRED of the status quo

And I bet you also assume that they cant wait their knight(c/llahi Yusuf) in shining armour to come and rescue them.

Things you guys convince yourself with is beyond human comprehension... :D

Originally posted by Sheikh Muhammed bin Awad:

Once he supports the tfg and on other occasions he is bashing the head of the tfg. lately it was cadde muuse bashing.

I don't think you realize the difference between the TFG and the president. The TFG is a Somali-wide initiative to bring peace to my homeland, which I wholeheartedly support. I don't support Col Yeey simply BECAUSE he's the president. There are other voices of wisdom that must be listened to.

Secondly, Cadde Muse, as a human being, isn't flawless. He made the mistake of making the head of Bossasso port his clan-cousin, a suspicious act. To make matters worse, he also named another clan-cousin to the Puntland Cabinet, against the already-agreed upon rules of Puntland power-sharing. His flaws must be pointed out. Thomas Jefferson once wrote: "Dissent is the highest form of patriotism." When Cadde is wrong, I'll "bash" his policies. For example, why did the Cadde admin close down SHACAB, an independent (and popular) weekly newspaper out of Garoowe? Whatever happened to freedom of speech? If you want to be sheep and blindly follow "the Leader," feel free. I have my own opinions.

P.S. The only two Somali "leaders" of today that I support are Cadde Muse and PM Ali Ghedi, since both weren't involved with the Barre regime or the civil war (Cadde's war in Puntland was justified, to some extent).

Originally posted by Xoogsade:

I rejoice to see a Puntlander talking bad about A/Y.

SXB, I don't consider myself a 'Puntlander' - I am a Somali guy who grew up in Kaaraan & Gaheyr hoods. Anyways, whether you rejoice or not, I've never said anything positive about Col Yeey (HORN will validate this point). I call out the guy for what he is: a bloody killer with no vision of anything, let alone the ability to govern and lead a nation in chaos. However, I've supported him twice: 1) when he was fighting Jama Ali Jama (a traitor) for control of Puntland, albeit it was against the wishes of the elders, but they shouldn't have involved themselves in politics (thereby damaging their title & the credibility that comes with it); 2) when he appointed Ali Ghedi as PM, a member of civil society (meaning he's NOT a warlord). I do realize PM Ghedi is a political amateur swimming with sharks, but as an educated fellow, he should easily be able to lead the nation (as the PM - if given the chance).

HORN -

LOL I always try and tell the truth, although it might not be the "truth" to some people. You're not blind, sxb. Just look at all the good news emanating from Puntland in the post-Col Yeey period. The revenue generated from Bossaso port is ACTUALLY going to good use for the first time since Gen Max'd Abshir's reign (mid-90s).

SKY -

I really don't get you sxb. Why do you play the role of the propagandist? Just be yourself, for the sake of your soul. Look at what you wrote:

windtalker,

quote:

Reer Puntland won their war (not militarily) to oust Col Yeey and his dictatorial self out of their peace-loving regions. It is now Reer Somalia's turn to oust him.

that was a pretty dumb thing to say. you just gave fuel to the ppl who want this new government of geedi to fail. get one line of thinking man, youre confusing most of us and amusing the rest.
There's nothing amusing about the truth. But, you go on to say:

windtalker was right though, we puntlanders are glad his azz is gone from our face.

Like I said, be yourself. You know Reer Puntland are more than happy Col Yeey is busy building Somalia - that should keep the old man busy until his time's up. Gotta give it to Cadde Muse for outsmarting Col Yeey, though - he said, let me become Puntland president & I'll support you as Somali president. Somali president in name, that is :D

Jumatatu   

Originally posted by wind.talker:

You know Reer Puntland are more than happy Col Yeey is busy building Somalia - that should keep the old man busy until his time's up.

In other words Pukelanders are happy to see the back of Colonel Yeey..

when he was fighting Jama Ali Jama (a traitor) for control of Puntland

Waryaa Jamac Ali Jamac was not a traitor but a "freedom fighter" for his sub-clan. The man was tired of the old coons totalitarian mentality, and he wanted to bring freedom and power back to the original rulers of SSDF-land. smile.gif

Jamac Ali Jamac and Cade Musse are the leaders for the minority in Bari.

OLOL   

The obligatory clan mentality creates so many people to willingly defend and even serve dictatorship, nepotism and corruption without consideration of the nation's interest.

People of supposed rationale and truthfulness with western education and degrees have become stooges in the hands of a criminal warlord ( I don't distinguish warlords - they are all the same to me- ruthless and blood-thirsty buffoons)

Clannish arrogance coupled with the quest for greed and interest has definitely blurred people’s ability to reason and think individually for themselves. The artificial slogans of somali unity are just an empty rhetoric. We have all lost any sense of nationalism, so let us not fool ourselves.

I don’t trust anyone any more because Somalis are first and foremost loyal to their clan and they will prop up any leader because of clan allegiance. it is porven fact that no one can dispute.

Let me remind the die-hard cheerleaders that Ina-Yeey’s regime's course of action is twisted and its machinery is cheaply oiled. Signs of failure, collapse and doom are everywhere, as we witness the short-sighted hostilities between the so-called power-brokers, i.e. warlords on both camps.

Small-mindedness and arrogance of power have become dangerous tools in the hands of Ina-yeey's clique though, believing in antagonism as political virtue.

The tortuous road to peace and stability is more elusive and Ina-Yeey’s lack of interest in reconciling the deep wounds and scars left by the civil war will even make it even beyond reach.

So, please save yourself from unavoidable humiliation and at least try to come up with an alternative proposition to pick up this whole charade. We are willing to work with ruthless criminals and illiterate parliamentarians as long as we can find a way around of this status-quo.

Sky   

jumatatu=
Sky, you want Reer Muqdisho to believe coming from you that these guys are their enemies while C/llahi Yusuf is their saviour. Just turn around the situation and tell me if you would have belived them had they advised you the same, I doubt it.

you mean if i was suffering under a brutal, selfish warlord in a lawless northeastern somalia and somebody like xoogsade whose enjoying the fruits of effective, unified maamul for benaadir and artificial peace under relatively good leadership? oh hell yeah!

jumatatu=
In other words Pukelanders are happy to see the back of Colonel Yeey..

walaal caayda naga dhaaf yaakhey, war see waay waxaan ninyahow? of course we are happy to see the back of c/yussef, laakiin thats not becuz hes an evil tyrant. puntland has reached a stage where hes not needed anymore. hes needed elsewhere, namely southern somalia - waxaana ka wadaa southern somalia, everything south of gaalkacyo.

windtalker=
Cadde Muse, as a human being, isn't flawless. He made the mistake of making the head of Bossasso port his clan-cousin, a suspicious act. To make matters worse, he also named another clan-cousin to the Puntland Cabinet, against the already-agreed upon rules of Puntland power-sharing. His flaws must be pointed out.----SXB, I don't consider myself a 'Puntlander', I am a Somali guy who grew up in Kaaraan & Gaheyr hoods.----I really don't get you sxb. Why do you play the role of the propagandist? Just be yourself, for the sake of your soul.

first of all indeed theres nothing amusing about the truth, but 'your' truth is just straight up hilarious. if you dont mind i quoted some of what you said that intrigued me.

general c/musse is truly an honest man and for sure hell be dealt with if he displays bad attitude. oday or not, haraanti baa laga daalayaa duqa! but he didnt do anything wrong! so why bash him waryaa? he has the right to appoint his clan-cousins for boossaasso port manager and chief of cabinet. there are more important offices and not to mention that c/yussefs subclan of mudug hold the most ministries than any other subclan in puntland under c/musse which was not the case during c/yussef. also boossaasso which is de facto controlled by cumar militia in daraawiish uniforms have never been antagonized by c/musse. tell me where he displays favoritism? dont just jump and karbaash anyone sxb just to pretend to be 'an honest individual', because ill show you your moments of dishonesty:

you say you dont consider yourself a puntlander but just a soomaali maryooley from kaaraan and gaheyr in xamar. but wasnt it you who boasted about being nugaal resident for life and dangoronyo, eyl and garoowe is the bomb and all that shit? again, stick to one thing please brotherman.

to knock my teeth out, or so you thought, you commented that im playing the colonel yeey propagandist. this is so funny actually, becuz everybody that opposes c/yussef (mostly out of personal vendetta: monsieur windtalker or tribal animosity= monsieur jumatatu) are left off the hook, but as every coin has two sides, the other side like general duke who happens to support c/yussefs government and other ppl such as myself are seen as: baribaris, propagandists, diehard cheerleaders, c/yussef groupies etc etc etc etc. ya know, i was taught in debating classes that when ppl lower themselves to insults that they are, how shall i say this delicately..losers!

^^

What is it with you? I like Cadde Muse because he's bringing positive change to Puntland, change Col Yeey couldn't do in his illegal six-year term. What's wrong with Dhahar.com questioning Cadde's motives? In politics, you question the actions of the ruling elite, nothing wrong with that. For example, what did Puntland gain by closing down an independent newspaper - SHACAB - but a bad name in the Somali, African and global contexts? We've experienced tyrants before; by closing down newspapers, the Puntland admin is only bringing back yesteryear's painful memories of civil oppression. It was an unnecessary, unjust action on the part of the Puntland gov't. In fact, it was illegal, given how a Puntland judge had freed SHACAB's editor days prior to the closure of his paper. So, tell me: if the government doesn't abide by the RULES, who will? :confused:

you say you dont consider yourself a puntlander but just a soomaali maryooley from kaaraan and gaheyr in xamar. but wasnt it you who boasted about being ciise riyoole for life and dangoronyo, eyl and garoowe is the bomb and all that shit?

Okay, let's debate. Define 'Puntlander'. Is ANYONE from certain Somali clans deemed a 'Puntlander' at the expense of other Somalis? If that's your definition, I'm not with it.

As far as Garoowe - EDITED coz the Nazis think we're breaking their rules!

Deeq A.   

^^ SKY and WIND.TALKER, please edit tribal names from your post. This is absolutely unacceptable. If you guys keep disrespecting the rules of the website, we would have no choice but to suspend your posting rights. We have rules. Please respect them. No mention of any derogatory tribal nicknames.

Please.

Warning.

Admin

Somalia Online Team

Sky   

definetily i agree with you. c/musse should be observed carefully, but you said yourself that you think he did something bad by appointing two of his close kinsmen to some important offices and you bashed him for that. thats different than following his actions.

shacab is a great newspaper and will have a special place in my heart, for i was interviewed along with 4 of my cousins by the editors when we were in garoowe as the qurbojoog dhalinyaro who visited their homeland. summer 2004 was a summer where puntland was infested with spoiled kids from the west. (not me included, im not a spoiled fatso). anyway back to the topic, i blame that guy afqurac for this. he was the one who closed shacab, lets hope c/musse is busy to undo that decree. but ill just keep my mouth shut from now on. we didnt read the article that was such a pain for afqurac. so if we are really talking about articles that could have jeopardised puntlands fragile peace than they are guilty as charged. but as you said the legislation has a different opinion than the government.

lets just see what happens in garoowe, i have a feeling its not over.

windtalker=
Okay, let's debate. Define 'Puntlander'. Is ANYONE from certain Somali clans deemed a 'Puntlander' at the expense of other Somalis? If that's your definition, I'm not with it.

im not the one to define puntlanders. the puntland charter defines what puntlander is. and the puntland charter, which is a charter that all the puntland issim, waxgarads, jaaliyada dibadda, siyaasiyiinta and shacabka buntilaan agreed upon was that a puntlander is someone who is born into the clans that traditionally settle puntland. i cant be any more blunt than that.

as for your ciyaal xamarnimo. i know the feeling. your talking to a puntlander whose greatgreatgrandfather migrated to iskuraran, muqdisho. one of the first somalis that settled within the falls of muqdisho of that time, becuz it was forbidden for somalis to live within the walls. since him all the generations were born n raised in xamar. nobody can deny me my birthright to have muqdisho as a home. my granduncle has been the architect of most buildings in the new districts like wadajir and dharkaynley for s/barre, now its claimed by some warlord moron. so at present im a puntlander and it will stay that way, becuz this was a wake up call. it was a dumb move to invest so much, so far away from 'home'.

look at s/barres folks, they had the government! now they are reduced to caabuudwaaq and gedo. areas considered at the bottom of development of somalias provinces according to various samafal organisations. while boossaasso and hargeysa were ranked highest (coïncidentally areas dominated by s/barres most famous victims).