Sign in to follow this  
Gabbal

The Abandonment of Cabdulahi Yusuf.

:D @Remember, Mogadishu is a laissez-faire affable hub where practical ideas and views are exchanged and formulated on daily basis.

One has to admire the wonders that your creative writing produced! smile.gif

But I am really tempted to challenge you on this, sxb.

To be fair though, when I subtract that from the argument you penned, I couldn't find any gaping holes and you should carry the torch for these ranting ilks from your camp (like-minded), I suggest.

Xoogsade   

Indeed, the biggest threat to peace today is A/Y. With or without him, inshallah people will move on. He wasn't ready to deal with Somalis and thought whatever he wants is sacred as that used to be the case back in his hometown. Waaba ciyaal haddaad eegto siduu u fakaro. Malaha wax madaxa la'ey doorteen. Secondly, some of you are deluding themselves if they think anyone will fight on A/Y's behalf. Neither northern tribe of Xamar nor anyone else is going to fight a dirty war on his behalf. Waqtigiisa wuxuu ku dhammeysan doona sidey u egtahay maalaa yacni iyo meelo wareeg because total domination in politics and his word be the last is something forgotten which he doesn't understand.

In any case, people have had warlords and don't have an appetite for another.

Sheekh.

Qof nadiifaa wax nadiifiyo.

fellow nomads iam not a die-hard supporter of the president because Abdullahi Yuusuf is only a shaqsi who can die any minute. however i was only emphasising the real issues on the grounds.

iam sympathetic towards the new initiative of pacifying our beloved capital but we've to ask ourselves how a city with thousand of militias can undergo such a drastic and monumental change without rehabilating the young, poor, orphaned, homeless and hopeless militias who often don't take orders from no-one. Some of them are even self-employed thiefs and gangsters.

On the other hand our president is different to the yalaxoow's, caato's and qanyare's. He might be following a dictotorial doctrine path in where he acts like the sole-power in the whole of Somalia but it's not only defined to our president but also many african and arab leaders.

We've to keep in mind that president Yuusuf doesn't know any other form of ruling the country but to be a dictator.

However i prefer Abdullahi Yuusuf's dictatorial style to that of the warlords down south in the man made jungle of Mogadishu and its vicinity.

Wouldn't you prefer the late marxuum Maxamed Siyaad Barre's dictatorial rule to that of the last fifteen years. My answer is yes because back in the old days we had a country, standing army, police force and a recognised leader who governed the whole country from Ras kmbooni to Raas Caseyr.

The greatest danger to peace in Somalia are, the occupiers of land, the drug dealing warlords, the charcoal merchants. The Scrap merchants, the divisive clan propoganda media. The people who destroyed a generation of youth in Mogadishu and beyound.

The people who now want to destroy this government. Xoogsade, for all your statements one thing is clear. You are against this government for no other reason than clan, you blind yourself from the truth. The fact that we the people need a government, that we need order, that we need to restore our dignity.

Blame the President all you want, Somalia has changed you are still hanging around dinasours.

Xoogsade   

Duke, You have accused everyone to be something just because they voice/d an objection to a wrong policy made by A/Y. You even went as far as entertaining that some tribe will wage a war on A/Y's behalf in XAMAR AGAINST THE OTHER. And yet, you accuse someone else of blindness and tribalistic sentiments??

Just in case you forgot, the government was built on consensus and peace-making. Nothing about war was discussed during reconciliation. But A/Y thought once he won the title of presidency, with the good help of his boss Melle in ADIS, he can just come in Xamar on a war-machine rather than on a white horse. Oh well! how true to himself.

People hoped A/Y 's election would bring the beginning of the end of warlordship. They held their breath for the good first step the president-elect would take after he was sworn in. Surprise surprise! He wants Ethiopian troops in Xamar and can't go to the city because, the men who elected him and sat across him, THE MEN HE WAS KISSING THEIR CHEEKS have to be eliminated and the GOOD PEOPLE OF XAMAR ARE JUST VICTIMS who can handle some more wars. Who cares about them? If they don't accept such blasphemy on his part, well, just devide them, set one community against the other and vuala! clean city. How sad really.

People see someone for what they are, and A/Y, is just a man who doesn't learn. People will let him have his presidency in peace, if he doesn't want that, oh well, too bad for him.

PS: I tell it like it is. If that is tribalistic, fine by me :D

^^^ You tell like it is? I guess so, nothing wrong with that, but sometimes you do get carried away with your own nonsence. What do you mean by "Abdullahi Yusuf never learns"? And what do you say about the fact that the whole cabinet, PM and 60% of parliment are united. Should they put the interest of a few warlords and a minority ahead of security and reconstruction?

Lets leave the personalisation for a minute, how is your stance anything other than an ill informed emotional, outburts which has no foundation on fact and detached from reality.

Rokko   

loooooool.

This USC supporter called xoogsade is so ill-informed and naive. He has no idea of what he is talking about na'mean. This is what reading Dayniile does to the average USC supporter. Brainwash.

A government based in Nairobi with its president in London hospital, which has no army, no weaponry and has cooled itself down on every provocation from the warlords is a threat to peace? How so?

Forget about the past crimes committed by the warlords … just check what happened recently … The warlords have just blown up civilians in an attempt to assassinate the Prime minister and you have the odacity to utter such words against a president which has been more calm and pragmatic than he has ever been in his life?

Does this Muruqmaal dude ever pay attention to the stuff that comes out of his mouth?

Embarrassing.

Rahima   

its president in London hospital,

Why? What's wrong with him? This is not good!

Mobb, find something new to argue, this USC supporter stuff is getting old icon_razz.gif dude. Find a new line, i don't know something like looter or even bloodsucker (bad imagination i know-but i'm sure you'll come up with better smile.gif ).

The greatest danger to peace in Somalia are, the occupiers of land, the drug dealing warlords, the charcoal merchants. The Scrap merchants, the divisive clan propoganda media. The people who destroyed a generation of youth

You just described PUNTLAND and A/yusef regime. :D

Originally posted by Xoogsade:

Indeed, the biggest threat to peace today is A/Y.

You need not say anything more. Anyways, HORN sxb, I'll put it the best way I can:

Before Oct. 10, 2004, Col Yeey was Puntland's biggest problem. Before that day, his name used to appear mostly on Puntland websites. Since that fateful date, he's transformed into Somalia's problem, appearing on ALL Somali sites on an almost daily basis. I'm one of those people who are happy Col Yeey is out of Puntland - he's a destructive man with no progressive vision other than to rule with an iron fist. Reer Puntland won their war (not militarily) to oust Col Yeey and his dictatorial self out of their peace-loving regions. It is now Reer Somalia's turn to oust him. This unjust and illogical 4.5 Formula was doomed from the beginning! I'm still trying to understand how an entire group of Somalis can be labelled as "Others" - others from who?

The "bottom-up" approach must be given more investment, research and put into practice. Instead of always empowering a new "central" (or "federal" in this case) government for ALL Somalia, Somali leaders and the international community should help foster semi-autonomous regional governments, then eventually, established and formal regional admins can convene (within Somalia) and discuss issues on a regional basis (i.e. central v. federal). Something that was WRONG from the beginning can't be correct now. Marna in la dhaho "Soomaali waa Soomaali" marna la dhaho "Soomaali waa Soomaali, qaarna waa 'Others'" is something that won't fly. Let's face it: none of these leaders are truly genuine in solving Somalia's problems. They don't have the know-how and the will, but they do have the means (money & militias are Somalia's engine).

But hey, who listens to me? I just talk to the wind :D

This is not a personal attack on my brother windtalker but a criticism. It not only seems but his political views are somehow chaotic.

Once he supports the tfg and on other occasions he is bashing the head of the tfg. lately it was cadde muuse bashing. I don't even know why he brought that article from dhahar.com which is a private site to a public domain like this.

For once get your act together like Duke who is consistent with his views and beliefs.

Windtalka was also lately behaving in a strage manner in which he left his moderate centre-left position on the current issues of somalia to a hardcore supporter the likes of duke and maybe "sky" who has got a fiery temper.

He seems confused and not knowing what path to follow. Hope someone shows him the right way.

Johnny B   

Originally posted by Sheikh Muhammed bin Awad:

Once he supports the tfg and on other occasions he is bashing the head of the tfg. lately it was cadde muuse bashing. I don't even know why he brought that article from dhahar.com which is a private site to a public domain like this.

For once get your act together like Duke who is consistent with his views and beliefs.

He seems confused and not knowing what path to follow. Hope someone shows him the right way.

Amen again !!

There you came out of ya nutshell !!

The diffrence between you and Wind.talker is the following.

You´re here with a mind that is preprogrammed to bash everything that is considered an enemy in colonel Yey bath, at the expence of your own mental health

He is here to exchange his ideas n beleifs with fellow country men.

You´re here for da sake of bashing even if yove use "hadith n Quranic verses" as long as they help you bsh what you consider the enemy.

last but not least , m what you consider the Enemy(USC, warlord supporter, etc etc ) and i wholeheartedly agree with Wind.talkers point of view.

Now how close are you to call wind.Talker a traitor?

Xoogsade   

Originally posted by General Duke:

Lets leave the personalisation for a minute, how is your stance anything other than an ill informed emotional, outburts which has no foundation on fact and detached from reality.

I am for talks between government officials and for them to settle their personal disputes in a non-violent means. You consider A/Y to be better than everyone else who sits across the table in the political arena, and for that reason, You give him unquestioned support for whatever measures he wants implemented regardless of how devisive the issue can be. In good times, and for good men who are clean and free from selfish personal interests, such support is called for, but when everyone out there is dirty, sanctifying an individual even when he is wrong is blatant bias. Vilifying people, denying their efforts and struggle, accusing them of everything to justify what A/Y wants on the the part of some in here is actually what caught my attention.

To me, A/Y squandered the perfect opportunity by not capitalizing on people's readiness to support him and isolate consequently anyone who might pose a threat to government. He provided all the ammunition to would be opponents by advocating devisive issues through his supporters in parliament which miserably failed. Of course, all these wrong steps are not that clear to you because you look at events from your own perspective that must be always in favour of A/Y no matter what.

Anyway, One thing is clear, He decided he can't come to Xamar right after he was elected which is an indication to everyone out there that he is determined to not come unless what he considers a threat to be removed from the city. And as you are aware, people have different interpretation for what is a threat or not at this point in time. To his supporters, A/Y is justified and any obstacle must be removed by all means necessary. Their efforts are directed towards that goal. To others, A/Y had completely a different agenda of his own to BEGIN WITH.

PS: What else is there to know about the current situations in Somali Politics? I don't feel I have lost anything by being uninformed about somali politics if that was the case. I wrote my thoughts about the situation and there is no need on my part to hate or favour any man out there in the politics. TO ME, THEY ARE ALL THE SAME. MEN, I COULD DO WITHOUT.

Gabbal   

WIND-

So what you're basically telling us is you want Abdulahi Yusuf in Mogadishu so he never sets foot in Puntland again? :D You support his government to keep the old goon occupied from micro-managing Puntland affairs huh? You know what? I respect you that much for telling us the truth! :D

Xoogsade   

LOL@Horn, A/Y waa laga baqey saxib lol. Wey ka reesteen reer puntland. Peaceful elections and equal say in local governance. Ma iyagaa waxaa heli lahaa? I think for others, it is a lot easier to deal with A/Y than to deal with someone from Xamar as a president. At least, people thought it was to their advantage that A/Y becomes president. An outsider who would be more careful than others if issues couldn't be resolved on the table and through talks. How wrong many of us thought of the outcome. The good thing is, it is still oral argumenst, lots of bribing and propaganda, which are better than conflicts that would involve hand-talks and the barrel of a gun.