Sign in to follow this  
Gabbal

The Abandonment of Cabdulahi Yusuf.

Abdulahi Yusuf did everything in his power to undermine Abdiqasim's presidency, although the same has not been shown in Abdulahi's presidency.

The first part is true, but the second is definately false. The opposition to A/Y and Geedi's gov is even more intense. People are saying Abdiqasim is the major financier of the opposition and behind the scene manipulator. Carta money made Abdiqasim very rich indeed.

Carta failed because of Abdiqasim's rush to Mog instead of going to Baydhabo until Mog is safe for the gov. That was the understanding reached in Djabouti. Moreover he started begining the Mog faction leaders to no vail. The only mandate Abdiqasim's gov had was to pacify Mog and he has the support of the majority of the Somali people. Worse yet he looted millions given to his gov instead of using it to establish his govt. Where are those millionw now, no progress and no security.

I think this gov has build on the positive outcome of Carta. Just because we do not like the guy at the top, we are ready to bring down the gov. This gov has five years to work, if it does not others will come and take its place.

Jumatatu   

Originally posted by Peace Action:

Carta failed because of Abdiqasim's rush to Mog instead of going to Baydhabo until Mog is safe for the gov.

Wrong, Carta failed because it did not embrace nor include the Warlords that had the power base in Somalia. eg. Colonel Yeey. In comparison with Carta the Mbagathi government had all the major ingredients that could for once be said that it is a Unifying government. All major Warlords were included and infact they have elected unanimously one of their own as a President, Yeey. But it is failing and has failed to live to its promises and expectation, that is an issue open to debate, as to why it has failed. Though it can be said it is beyond argument now to state it as being a failed attempt.

Mogadishu has many anti goevrnment groups but many pro government groups.

See, this is were your totally wrong. I think that every Somali person who lives in Somalia (Moqdishu in this case)wants a stable government, but they don't want the tribalistic, lunatic, anti-peace, old hag who is located in the London hospital as we speak. smile.gif

A/Y is being rejected for no other reason other than 'Qabil'.

There will most definitely be a bloody war in Somalia this year but it will be the deciding one. We either will continue to be refugees for another 20 years or a real government will be established.

Jumatatu   

Originally posted by contraflow:

There will most definitely be a bloody war in Somalia this year but it will be the deciding one.

Bring it on sxb.....!14_6_12.gif14_6_12.gif14_6_12.gif

14_4_103.gif14_4_103.gif14_4_103.gif

Somali Patriot,

The whole North Clan of Mogadishu supports the government, except for warlord's Musa and his cousin Cumar Finish. ll their MP's local and traditional leaders including the Iman. Their former leaders including Ali Mahdi. Some of their warlords, notably Abdiqadir Beebe, Mohamed Dheere, Abukar Cadani and Mr Jowhar. This means there is a large population, largest in the city and some guns and those with influance in favour of the Government....

As I have said before, Aydeed Jr and his group are supporters. The clan that dominates Hiiraan supports the government, all the minorities of the city support the government. So who is against? The warlords, courts and few oppose but they form a minority being promoted by the media. However what ever the media might say, the governenment is getting stronger and the warlords failure is becoming too obvious.

It's quite amusing how a person who lives in a western country, with food, clothing, education, shelter, and a peaceful environment can rejoice over wars as much as my dear brother Jamatutu above me. I doubt he would see the wars in Somalia as a beautiful and joyful thing, if he were present when it happens.

supports the government

First, seperate Yeey and the government, there are more people included in the government then Yeey.Or do you want to live in the fantasy, (that was once a reality for me :D ) where the government is one-man and his extended family?

Every person in Somalia wants a stable government in our war-torn country, but no one wants Yeey and his qabilistic mentaility.

The whole North Clan of Mogadishu supports the government, except for warlord's Musa and his cousin Cumar Finish. .............. As I have said before, Aydeed Jr and his group are supporters. The clan that dominates Hiiraan supports the government

:confused: :confused: Seriously, walaal/abaayo (quite frankly don't know what your sex is) do you think were s.tupid? Do you really think that anyone is going to take your this BS in consideration here.

The warlords, courts and few oppose but they form a minority being promoted by the media.

I think Yeey should fire Bari-Bari and hire you ina adeer. Seriously! :D

Jumatatu   

^^ It is quite amusing you dont notice those who are predicting, according to them, the imminent war which according to them and I quote "will be a deciding one". Hence my friend see me my post as a response to a hypothetical threat. I do not at any time condone nor wish for a civil friend, and believe me you I have seen at first hand the side effects of a civil war I pray that no Somali person is condemned to undergo that stage again.

However much I respect your criticism I would , on the other hand, kindly request not to be biassed in future observances. smile.gif

and believe me you I have seen at first hand the side effects of a civil war I pray that no Somali person is condemned to undergo that stage again.

Is this a little hint telling us you were part of the USC in the early 90's, which place were you at kismayo,galkacyo, or Gedo. :D

However much I respect your criticism I would , on the other hand, kindly request not to be biassed in future observances.

Ina adeer,I apologize if you thought I was biased, but I didn't countflow was my fellow kinsmen.

OLOL   

The deciding war? What that could be? I think what this harebrained clannish whiz is alluding here is another civil war between the two major Mogadishu clans, namely the HG & AG. This is his yearning and would like to see his battles fought and won for him by others.

Let me tell you an undisclosed secret in some circles here, this dream of yours will never happen to materialize for the simple reason that both camps and other important Mogadishu clans have moved politically forward and the early nineties futility and folly is a thing of the past. Mark my word, Ghedi, Beebe, Cadaani and the foolish governor of Jowhar ( that you are counting here ) are not politically that far to rejoin their progressive brethren and other peace loving Somalis and they will not entertain to fight Ina-Yeey’s battles. what could they possibly gain from that? people weigh their options and are not that unintelligent. your patronizing and cajoling of this group may backfire soon.

The business community has a lot of financial stakes to lose here and they are the shot callers and will work tirelessly to prevent such disastrous war. People in Mogadishu on both sides cannot stomach the loss of wealth and resources such a war will be wasted on. A one day full-blown war in Mogadishu will cost them $100 thousand US dollars. The major actors in the city have been talking and reconciling for years. Remember, Mogadishu is a laissez-faire affable hub where practical ideas and views are exchanged and formulated on daily basis. They are discussing ways to privatize the vital economic sites in the capital such as the port. There are also mutual projects that all sides in the equation are investing in.

Ceel Macaan group (now assumed to be on the prime minister’s side) had proposed that the re-opening of the port should be based on shares and quotas to all involved parties. Guess what? If they get that Ok’ed, would they be fighting for a clannish alien cause formulated in a faraway region?

Aideed is bewildered fool who has no influence and voice in any of these matters. He is petrified to come back to Mogadishu let alone be a power broker. His return to the city is being desired by some vindictive clique. Does money wiring hard luck and fiasco ring a bell in your head?

A war between the opposing RRA factions? Baydhaba, the infamous city of death will never accept another catastrophic hopeless conflict and the civil society in the city are diligently working to mediate between the opposing factions.

So what deciding war we talking about? An Ethiopian invasion? I hope you won't suggest that the celebrated Puntland Daraawiish will march into Mogadishu victoriously and conquer it for their clan leader?

We've to ask ourselves why after fifteen years of civil unrest, isbarooyin and looting suddenly decide to do what they couldn't do in all those years.

One might suggest that they've "changed" and turned themselves into patriots but when they were murdering innocent civilians, orphans and minorities they were unpatriotic and warlords.

Walaalyaal the pacification of mogadishu is nothing but a last-minute strategy of warmongers to combat the new government and last hope of our beloved Somalia. It is this warmongers who have become "saints" in the eyes of Horn and Juma.

We all know what Mogadishu is like it is the most dangerous city in the world after Baghdad right now. It was the former pride of Somalia but now I'm ashamed of it. The simple truth is that the Government can not survive in a city like Moghadishu unless it has 100000 heavy armed US-Marines and coalition forces at its disposol.

These warmongers have united in evil because they're not true to their cause and when the term of the Government expires they want to return to the turmoil and warfare Mogadishu style.

The choice is yours you either support peace, democracy, equality and brotherhood in Somalia or the warmongers, drugdealers and looters who have/had our country to long for hostage. It is now payback time.

Gabbal   

I want to kindly ask Juma and his fellow trouble makers to stop from sabotaging my thread. :mad: smile.gif Sheekooyinkiina meela kale la aada.

One might suggest that they've "changed" and turned themselves into patriots but when they were murdering innocent civilians, orphans and minorities they were unpatriotic and warlords.

One would almost believe you are describing Abdulahi Yusuf, except that he hasn't even tried to turn himself into a patriot. :eek:

Walaalyaal the pacification of mogadishu is nothing but a last-minute strategy of warmongers to combat the new government and last hope of our beloved Somalia. It is this warmongers who have become "saints" in the eyes of Horn and Juma.

We applaud that last-strategy and we acknowledge hand Abdulahi Yusuf played in that strategy. However, this government isn't religious nor are we forced upon to appease all the despicable actions they have tried to implement. How is this the last hope for our country? And isn't Abdulahi Yusuf part of that circle of "warmongers"?

OLOL   

Sheikh.... get a somali name first! JUST JOKING BRO! take it easy! will you?

just let me remind you that the government is made of warlords, by the warlords, for the warlords: the president is a warlord; the ministers are warlords, most of the parliamentarians are warlords.

Do we have to distinguish one from other?

And what is wrong with pacifying our beloved capital and reconciling our people? Remember this is a transitional government- we are all working to transit from clannism, warlordism to Soomaalinimo, peace and unity.

it is a matter of common sense to rehabilitate these ruthless powerful warlords and all the illiterate clannish folks. Remember, the Somali adage, "Sidee xeero lagu ..... ilkana ku nabad galaan " Sorry, I am reer Xamar and not good at Maahmaahyo. We all have to welcome and support the Mogadishu initiative and keep pressuring all warlords( including the president-warlord ) to work togather and to put aside their petty differences for the common good. Somalia can't afford any more setback. Ethiopia is propping up Ina Yeey and his clique for the ultimate goal to see the collapse of this government and Somalia to remain a failed state that could be carved up into fiefdoms.

it is like nin kula jira oo kaa jira

or you are one of the die-hard cheerleeders of the warlord president? and cosider this as a clannish rivalry? those who see this as their birth-right presidency? who think if one of them is elected to lead, they are all leaders now? are we all cheering for a man of proven dictatorial tendency, war criminal and monger?

we do have these cheerleeding guys here and in Starbucks fadhi-ku-dirir- folks who have never went to any schooling but are experts on clan politics. but the mainstream public are fed up with their loud and impolite mannerism.