Sign in to follow this  
Gabbal

The Abandonment of Cabdulahi Yusuf.

Gabbal   

I had already expressed a sincere hope that the actions of Cabdulahi Yusuf would unite the Somali people. Whether it was in support of him or in opposition to him, I left to fate. However, because of the expressed desire of the said man to militarily dictate the affairs of the Somalis, his blunders have been shown to be counter-productive to his cause and extremely-productive to the greater cause. Some of you might ask "what is the greater cause"?. The greater cause, in my opinion, is the establishment of a celebrated and legitimate government whether Abdulahi Yusuf is the head or not.

Due to his political deficiences, he has unwittingly united Somalis across a spectrum of clans. The leader of the opposition, a man who hails from a traditionally less-powerful clan, has broken clan taboos associated with the usual order of things. The Speaker of the House now leads an oppositon composed of not only the powerbrokers of the Somali nation, but also leads the largest number of Parliamentarians from Abdulahi Yusuf's home regions. He even has the support of men such as Cawad Ahmed Cashara, a former Abdulahi Yusuf stooge of great intellectual calibre, and the infamous General Morgan. Parliamentarians who left the venue of the Parliament-in-exile, such as Xaabsade, and ones who didn't even undertake the journey to travel to it, like Barre Hiiraale, are currently enroute to Mogadishu. Mogadishu is far from perfect, but Abdulahi Yusuf destroyed himself in an attempt to proof a taboo. The only way the civil war and its complications can be put to rest is if the problem is tackled, not isolated as Abdulahi Yusuf has ruined his chance of the presidency with.

Whatever the end result and final verdict becomes, only the Allmighty knows. However, at this moment of time the parliament is planning to convene with progressive-minded parliamentarians ready to to tackle problems of the country and capital city, instead of basking in the luxuries afforded to the members of the exiled-Somali parliament. We salute and commend them and we can only hope that the few bribed remaining parliamentarians hiding out in Nairobi can join the progressive-thinking Somali parliamentarians in Mogadishu and the ones headed there.

May Allah (SWT) save this chance of a functioning Somali government.

^^^ The speaker leads an oppositions= meaningless and illegal action it goes against his job description and thus should resign as soon as.

As for the largest members of the Sharif group coming from the presidents region. My dear brother again you seem confused. Casha, Casharo, Jini, Jamac, Zakaria, are the majority of the PUNTLAND clans? Which make up more those 33 MP's including members of other clan blocks. The above are old rivals of the President with exception to Casharo, who indeed might have been wronged.

Let’s flip the coin. There are 12 MP’s who hail from the clan of the PM clan out of the this number only Musa and Cumar finish are in xamar with the speaker. Now lets be logical who would you need right now in Xamar, these MP’s or Jini, Jamac and the like ??

The PM, Mohamed Dhere, The governor of Banadir and the 10 MP’s are all united, so what will Casharo, Zakaria and Casha do?

What about the other powerful clan of Mogadishu, oh we have Inda Cade, and Seraar yes to you these must be very strong indeed and anti government I admit. Yet what do you make of Hussain Aydeed and his clan? How on earth did Geedi get inside villa Somalia while Abdiqasin could not? Add to the list Furux and Ghamadere two of the most imposrtant leaders of one of the biggest clans of this confederacy what do you get?. Yes Morgan might go to Xamar, but he is not an MP and has no power in Mogadishu. How relevent is our old General to this debate?

What about the so called minority clan? How many of their ministers have joined the happless Shariff? All the 9 ministers from Shariff’s own clan are still in Nairobi or in Xudur, what does that tell you?

Gabbal   

Smith lets be honest with each other. I have relatives (yes Cabudwaqians) who just came back from Mogadishu and the stories they tell are very different from the ones Cabudulahi Yusuf supporters propagate. People of Mogadishu are not anti-government, they have become anti-Abdulahi Yusuf's position. The people want a functioning and stable government, yet the old colonial pre-concieved tribal mindset of adeerkiis could not have given him enough courage to tempt fate and do the unthinkable of daring to venture in Mogadishu. If Abdulahi Yusuf had been half as courageous, the story would be different now and new patriotic songs of Noolow Cabdulahi, noolow would be blazing from every Somali (excluding Somalilanders) house. I do admit, that there are militias in Mogadishu or individuals who probably are against Cabdulahi Yusuf because of his clan. However, wouldn't you hate him too if boasted about "dumping your clan into the sea too"? Is that a national leader? I'll leave it to you to decide.

Hussein Caydiid doesn't represent his family let alone anyone else. You can't tell me otherwise either since Caydiid Sr and my dear grandmother are second cousins. Furux and Gacmadheere and all the other newly crowned namesakes are just that, namesakes! They have no influence in Mogadishu, and this opposition to the counter-patriotic activites of Cabdulahi Yusuf are not only from Mogadishu power-brokers, but from parliamentarians from the broadest spectrum of Somali clans.

Simply said, Abdulahi Yusuf had better get enough heart to make an entrance in where the governing is really desired, i.e Mogadishu, or take a much-needed retirement.

NGONGE   

Welcome back, Duke. :D

This section has been dull lately without your contributions, saaxib (not that I agree with ANY of them of course). Glad to have you back.

As for the topic, you've got to admit that things are nicely hotting up. The longer they carry on as they are, the better for the Somali people methinks.

Johnny B   

his blunders have been shown to be counter-productive to his cause and extremely-productive to the greater cause. Some of you might ask "what is the greater cause"?. The greater cause, in my opinion, is the establishment of a celebrated and legitimate government whether Abdulahi Yusuf is the head or not.

Horn, you really made a great point out there.

As he wanted to kiss her he hurted her !!

I just hope that they don´t corner him that much he goes fishing to Bosaso.

In my view , we need him for this term to make us MORE united.

By the way , How about if he moves to Balacd n take Muse Sudi´s mansion as presidential office?

He still could claim that he´s NOT in Mogadishu ;) .

Originally posted by HornAfrique:

The leader of the opposition, a man who hails from a traditionally less-powerful clan, has broken clan taboos associated with the usual order of things.

Brother Horn, you should be confronted for making such a statement but I detect you didn't mean any harm.

On this subject of the “powerful†and the “less-powerfulâ€, here is a not so flattering picture to make Horn and those who despise Yeey and his policies smile. The most powerful man in Somalia today is planning to flex his muscle.

yeeysmeles.jpg

Now, the fundamental questions are here. Will Caato-Qanyare-Yalaxow coalition triumph? Will Yeey’s gov finish its term just like Abdiqasim’s? Will Somalia’s situation improve in anyway or get worse? Allah knows all.

Duke, welcome back. Do update us on any new developments.

OLOL   

I was at a fundraising event held in Minneapolis that is designed to pay the ticket for all Somali parliamentarians headed to Mogadishu. There are more than 45 parliament members confirmed who had enlisted themselves willingly and audaciously to travel to Mogadishu within this week. They will join their colleagues there soon.

Mr. Hussein Matan, the former attorney general, Professor Ali Khaliif Galydh and other prominent Somali scholars including Imam/Lawyer Hassan Jamici and Medical Doctor Mohammed Egal were the main speakers and organizers of this event.

None of these prominent Somalis hails from Mogadishu but they all support the Speaker’s camp and have all expressed their admiration for the courageous act of the speaker and other parliamentarians. That alone shows how Somalis of goodwill, moral principles and newly found nationalism are abandoning the clannish hogwash the president and his dedicated cohorts are still caught in.

Jumatatu   

Originally posted by Libaax-Sankataabte:

[QBNow, the fundamental questions are here. Will Caato-Qanyare-Yalaxow coalition triumph? [/QB]

There is no coalition as such, but rather they are part and parcel of a coalition of Somali law-makers who are staunch protectors of the constitution which was agreed and was the catalyst to the formation of the current TFG. This is not a coalition of tribal affiliation nor for the seeking of superiority, it is on the contrary based on the tenet to find peaceful solution in the path to reconcile Somalia. Above all it is a coalition which has so bravely withstood and became an obstacle to the ill-deceived intentions of the megalamoniac leader , namely President Yeey. The charecters you mentioned Caato, Qanyare & Al-xaaji Muse Sudi are the backbone of the coalition simply cause they pose a powerful threat to the military action of Yeey. This coalition have made sure so far A) to pacify and disarm militias in Mogadishu, B) they have succeded in uniting and training militias C) they are making sure that forces pro-Ethiopia dont capture Bay-Dhabo, D) stopped the parliament from passing a bill which would have given Ethiopian forces to engage in Somalia ( in here am disregarding the kangarro parliament meeting held by Yeey a week ago), E) this coalition has brought together factions which were at war against each other before and work jointly for the betterment of Somalia.

Their succes story so far outshines the desperation of Yeey who has a view of ruling Somalia through fear and division of tribal structure.They have the support of ordinary Somalis from different spectrum in the whole wide World. Simply cause these coalition led by , not Caato,Qanyare or even Alxaaji Sudi, but by Sharif Xassan are protecting the constitution, credibility and dignity of first and foremost the Somali people and secondly of the Transitional Parliament.

code:

Will Yeey’s gov finish its term just like Abdiqasim’s? Will Somalia’s situation improve in anyway or get worse?    

The question in here should be , will it ever start? On the latter part of your question, Yes Inshallah Somalia will improve much to the disappointment of Yeey.

Jumatatu   

Gudoomiyaha Barlamaanka Soomaaliyeed oo Laga taageeray USA iyo Norway

Shir Lagu Taageerayo Barlamaanka Soomaaliyeed ayaa shalay oo ku beegneeyd maalintii taariiqi aheeyd ooy 13 dhalinyaro Soomaaliyeed aasaaseeyn ururkii SYL ka dhacay Magaaladda Minneapolis ee gobolka Minnesota. Shirkan oo qabanqaabadiisa socotay todabaadyadii la soo dhaafay waxaa soo abaabulay koox dhalinyaro Soomaliyeed aoo wax kabarta jaamacadaha Minnesota oo la kaashanaya culumaa'idiinka Soomaaliyeed, aqoon yahano iyo odayaal indheergarad soomaaliyeed ee ku dhaqan labadda magaalo ee mataanaha ah.

Shirka oo dhaqaale loogu ururinaayo nabadeeynta caasimadda Soomaaliya iyo daryeelka xildhabaanadda Soomaaliyeed ee ka tirsan barlamaanka cusub waxaa ka soo qayb galay oo qudabado xiiso leh oo loo bogay ka soo jeediyay Xeer ilaaliyhii guud ee soomaaliya marna ahaa wasiir heer qaran Xuseen Mataan, Ra'iisal wasaarihii hore ee dawladda carta Di. Cali Khaliif Galeeydh, Aqoonyahan Dr. Maxamed Cigaal oo dhaqtar xagga caafimaadka ah iyo Imam Xasan Jaamici oo ah qareen soomaaliyeed ah.

Waxeey dhamaantood halkaa ka soo jeediyeen qudbado wacyi gal ah iyagoo xusay muhiimadda eey leedahay maalinta weyn ee 15 May. Waxaana eey sheegeeyn in Soomaaliya eey maanta u baahan tahay dhalinyaradii 1943 u dhiidhiyay xoriyadda iyo midnimadda Soomaaliyeed.

Waxaa halkaa lagu soo bandhigay sida eey muhiim u tahay in Soomaalida meel kastooy joogto iska kaashadaan sidii loo badbaadin lahaa qaranka soomaliyeed, loogana hortagi lahaa kuwa damacsan ineey cadow ku soo hogaamiyaan dalka, rabana ineey dib u soo huriyaan colaadii sokeeye. Waxaa la is tusay sida ummadda Soomaaliyeed ee isku hal diin oo Islaam ah aaminsan, leh hal dhaqan oo soo jireen ah iyo hal af oo maguuraan ah aaneey marnaba u kala maarmin. Waxaa loogu baaqay kuwa raba ineey ciidan iyo cadow ku soo hogaamiyaan ummadda ineey ka waantoobaan arintaas una soo jeesystaan sidii hishiis iyo nabadeeyn dhab ah wadanka dhamaantiis looga hirgalin lahaa.

Waxaa kaloo halkaas lagu taageeray Gudoomiyaha Barlamaanka soomaliyeed booqashadiisa Xamar iyo sida geesinimadda leh ee uu u difaacaya dhawrida sharafta iyo maamuuska ummadda. Waxaa la go'aansaday in la taakuleeyo xubnaha barlamaanka lana kafaalo qaado mushaharkooda si aan loo iibsan oo madiidin ugu noqon danaha guracan ee cadowga Soomaaliyeed. Waxaa halkaas lagu balanqaaday in la bilaabo dhaqaalo ururin (Fundraising ) lagu taageeriyo dhismaha golaha shacabka iyo in wax kastana laga hormariyo sidii loo dhisi lahaa hay'addaha dawliga ah. ( Institution builidng program ).

Waxaa halkaas muddo ka yar 15 daqiiqo lagu aruuriyay lacag gaareeysay shan iyo toban kun oo dollar-ka mareeykanka ah si loo kafaalo qaado tigidhadda xildhibaanadda ku harsan Nairobi ee ku tala jira ineey Muqdishu u baqoolaan dhawaan.

Waxaa shirkaas ka soo qayb galay kooxdii qabanqaabadda waday oo rag iyo dumar lahaa. waxaana la isku balansaday in shir weyn loo qabto dhamaan soomaalidda ku dhaqan magaaladdan todobaadyadda soo socdo gudahood. Waxaa kaloo la isku balansaday in dhamaan magaalooyinka waaweeyn ee waqooyiga America sida Columbus, Seattle, Boston, Atlanta, Toronto, Ottawa lagu qabto shirar noocan oo kale ah oo lagu taageerayo Barlamaanka Soomaaliyeed looguna aruuriyo dhaqaalihii lagu kabi lahaa taabagalkiisa iyo sidii loo taageeri lahaa nabadaynta caasimadda Muqdisho.

Shaacir Mataan.

Horn,

Be reasonable. What is wrong if Uganda and Sudan come as peacekeepers primerly to secure gov building in Mog and start training current militias to become soldiers and policeman. What is wrong if the gov temprarily stays in Baydhabo and Jawhar until Mog. is secure. There is no despute Nog is capital of Somalia and the gov has no choice but to reside in it peacefully.

Do not be so naive the Mog Faction leaders would like the gov to come to Mog and make it a hostage just like Abdiqasim's.

I think A/Y and Prof. Geedi are correct in making sure they bring real security to Mog. The faction leaders are trying to show they can deliver security now but it is too late and too little.

14 years of anarchy will come to and end and IGAD is determined to bring peace to Somalia. It sad that we Somalis were unwilling to compromise for the sake of our people and yet Africans will bring us peace.

Gabbal   

n my view , we need him for this term to make us MORE united.

Abdulahi Yusuf unwittingly united the Somali people more then they have ever been during the long years of civil war. Because it was not his intent and the unity is due mostly to his antagonizing behaviour, we do not salute him.

Brother Horn, you should be confronted for making such a statement but I detect you didn't mean any harm.

Ina-Sanataabte I did not mean any harm at all. My "traditionally less-powerful" comment was purely alluding to the former political history of the Somalis.

Now, the fundamental questions are here. Will Caato-Qanyare-Yalaxow coalition triumph? Will Yeey’s gov finish its term just like Abdiqasim’s? Will Somalia’s situation improve in anyway or get worse? Allah knows all.

In all honesty, I have not seen a Caato-Qanyare-Yalaxow coalition in my observations of Somali politics. I think it is sub-conciously expected that every government has a visible oppositon, and, in this case, the media ran with the those said three men simply because they control the largest parts of the capital. Abdulahi Yusuf made a taboo of Mogadishu since the get go, forcing the inexperienced Somali media to immediately judge the power-broekrs there as the opposite cornerstone to his administration. That faulty assumption leads you to believe that the only opposition to Abdulahi Yusuf was coming from those three men, even though some of his harshest and merciless critics are from his clan and/or home regions.

I detest Caato, Qanyare, and Yalaxow as much as, or even more, then Abdulahi Yusuf, but I cannot help but acknowledge that Abdulahi Yusuf's actions has increasingly shown them in positive light with the majority of Somali people. Abdulahi Yusuf is everything that is wrong with Somali politics and Cusman Caato, Qanyare Afrax, and Suudi Yalaxow are everything that is wrong in the civil war, yet we acknowledge the positions they hold at this juncture of time. Abdulahi Yusuf has become increasingly anti-Patriotic with his Ethiopian kow-towing and Caato, Qanyare, and Yalaxow have become increasingly anti-government as a result of that (i am looking at what is visible here). Given the chance, I would rather support the anti-governments then lose our soverignty (whatever is left of it) to the Ethiopian kow-tower.

Do not be so naive the Mog Faction leaders would like the gov to come to Mog and make it a hostage just like Abdiqasim's.

Peace Action, let us differentiate between the orange and the apple here. One; while an apple is red, the Carta conference wasn't given even close to the unprecedented support the Eldoret, and later the Embagathi, was given. Two; while an orange is colored orange, Abdiqasim's administration wasn't given half the chance to succeed from all the Somali power-brokers as Abdulahi Yusuf's administration was unconditionally offered. Three; while an apple can taste sour as well as sweet, Abdiqasim was never given the wide-spread pleas to make an entrance in Mogadishu as Abdulahi Yusuf has recieved from the get-go. Four: while an orange has one taste, Abdulahi Yusuf did everything in his power to undermine Abdiqasim's presidency, although the same has not been shown in Abdulahi's presidency. Simply said, Abdulahi Yusuf has ingorantly ruined his one chance at the presidency and another one of our chances reintroducing back the state that once existed as the Somali Republic.

NGOON, many thanks dear brother for the kind words.

Horn, are we talking about reality or fiction, the Parliment speaker as I have said before has no right to take sides on any issue, his job is to mediate and look after the parliment. For him to ignore some MP's and even the whole government and defend the rights of the warlords makes him unfit and unworthy of any priase. His clan matters not, most of his kinsmen are still in Nairobi. He is a tool, controlled by Mr Qaynyare.

You are not living in reality, Mogadishu has many anti goevrnment groups but many pro government groups. The warlords are only acting out of fear, they have failed to stop the momentum for deployment, they have not changed the relationship of IGAD countries with the government. The fact that the PM and President are united and still singing the same song, must be the greatest obsticle to the daydreams of happless Sharif and his mentor Qaynyare.

Even within the warlords, Ato and Furux have broken ranks, the clan courts are not on board, so what can they[renegades] do with 600 fighters and 80 or so MP's?

Give us a break will you. Another question dear Horn, how many of your 14 MP kinsmen are in Mogadishu right now? Can you name them for us.

Gabbal   

Give us a break will you. Another question dear Horn, how many of your 14 MP kinsmen are in Mogadishu right now? Can you name them for us.

I fail to notice the relevence of that question. I am not speaking from the point of view of my clan, but of the point of view of the majority of our people. 14 MPs are hardly enough to tip the scale in anything, even though the majority of the chosen members of my "conistutency" did the unexpected (and much applauded) act of being led back into Mogadishu by a sincere hope of rebuilding the fractured Somali qaran.

hukri   

I LIKE THE WAY YOU GUYS TALKING , AND LOOKING FORWARD TO SEE SAME ACTION IN THE FUTURE FROM THE NEW GOVERNMENT .