Sign in to follow this  
phantom

Best Somali Soccer Player in North America!!!

phantom   

I am starting a poll to see who are the best Young Somali Soccer Players in North America....So list your favourites....names and where

Bachelor   

Few years ago, I met and played with this Somali dude, who born and breed in Kuwait and currently played for Qatar National team. This dude was AMAZING the best guy i have ever seen.

BOB   

I don't know about North America but if i was to write the names of those i think are the best players Somalia ever had then i will need days or perhaps even months because,see, I am from Kismayo the city that produced more footballers than the entire Somalia put together and many of them even went on to represent Somalia National team and I am not being bias here but ask any person who has in depth knowledge about Somalia football and I promise you if he/she gives you 5 names at least three of them will be from my home town Kismayo.

Even though I haven't seen him play but people from both Kismayo and Mogadishu say that Bin-Shakir was the greatest player Somalia ever produced and then there's Khalif "Riko" and who can forget my childhood idol and hero Omar "Farur",if there ever was a football genius in Somalia then in my eyes it was him.

only if he was born in Europe instead of Kismayo, the world would've been talking about him instead of Zidane or Ronaldinho today and yes that is how highly I rate him plus he was the greatest non-professional role model I ever knew as he always had time for me and my friends and he was always willing to show us few tricks and the greatest and most definitely the happiest hour of my life came the day I played alongside him in a tournament held in Mombasa-Kenya in mid 90’s where he personally asked me to inherit his beloved number "10" jersey and asked me to win the match for our beloved Kismayo like he did countless times before and all I can say is I DIDN'T LET MY IDOL DOWN and i thank Allah (sw) for that.

Sorry..i got carried away there, but that is how PASSIONATE we people from Kismayo are about this great game called football, no wonder we RULED Somalia.

Peace,Love & Unity.

Jacpher   

BOB ciyaal Kismaayo welcome. Don't forget Cabdixaaq. I was born and raised in Biifka area.

Kismaayo won the championship more than 16 times I think. I remember the day the beat the Yemen or Cadan National team. The Cadan team beat Somali national team and they lost to local Kismaayo team. It was late eighties I believe. I skipped dugsi that afternoon and got punished the next day. Macalin geesdheere usually wouldn't punish students for playing football (he didn't see any harm in football) but I think missed Subac that day.

I heard Tanzania's national soccer team has a kismaayo footballer Max'ed Carab. I heard he plays for Simba team in Dar es Salaam.

BOB   

Ducaqabe,

i was too young to attend the match back then but you can never forget those kind of matches,can you?

the guy who scored the winning goal for us is Mohammed Adam "Naw" (my homeboy) :D against Yemen and yes you are right they beat the Somalia National Team in Mogadishu before they came to Kismayo.

it is not Maxamed "Carab" but actually Abdi-Qaffaar "Boostaale" (my best friend) :D:D who played for Simba FC "the biggest club in Tanzania" for two seasons before going back to Kismayo. Maxamed 'Carab' is in Sweden and we all keep in touch and A/Qaffaar is now in Nairobi and Abdi "Xaaq" is in Saudi Arabia and as you know he is old now but who can forget him as he was our best Goalkeeper that we've ever had.

Bro check your Private Message.

Peace,Love & Unity.

phantom   

So far I have received a couple of players whom don't even live in north america I asked for players in north america that means US AND CANADA people, So I am posting my 2 cents in this matter. The best player I have seen has to be this kid named HASSAN he is in TORONTO this man is amazing controll/pass/shot/offence/defence ain't no man can stop this kid he single handed beat teams during the SOMALI WEEK TOURNAMENT in Toronto, even teams from the state fear this kid you have to see him play, If we are lucky this year he might play in the SOMALI TOURNAMENT here in the states Minnesota.

Mike   

Hello people.....where the hell are you people from...Listen the best somali player today is this kid name AdbiQani from ATLANTA who plays for Horseed...This was pick for the U-20 US National Team, but he is waiting to become a citizen...so he can only be on the practice team....So, what hell are you guys talking about...FYI..Horseed has FIVE players with Full soccer Scholarships and Two player will be so player for the US Natioanl team....So, if they go to Europe this year..somali peoplw will see that for themself.....Now stop with this used to be players...and keep your ears open to hear about Abdiqani from ATL......

Gediid   

^^^^^Is that Shiine from Atlanta you talking about cuz if he is I agree,he's an amazing player,by far the best of all the somalis players in North America.

I just wanted to bring back this old thread. Where I live there isn't that many talented somali soccer players. Matter of fact, I am a better player than most of them smile.gif The best somali soccer I have seen was this guy called Mukhtaar that used to be the best player in Dhagaxley refugee camp(yeah I am a refugee). smile.gif He used to play for the Kismaayo team as well and he was not even one of the better known players.

As for north america, I think Columbus has a lot of good players. I have watched one of their in a match against my hometown team whom they massacred. They had couple of players that could play in MLS(not in the premier yet icon_razz.gif ).

Originally posted by phantom:

I am starting a poll to see who are the best Young Somali Soccer Players in North America....So list your favourites....names and where

hello my name is omar i live in columbus ohio, i have seen a kid who is 16 years old, he may not be the best in north america but he is very talanted. he is one of the best srikers i have seen here. people say that he looks and plays like thierry henry from arsenal. he plays with older people. last saturday i watched him score 8 gols and 5 asists by him self, am telling u this kid will be something when he grows up,

NGONGE   

Warya, Northerner, are you ignoring this thread on purpose?

These North Americans are getting too big for their shoes, saaxib.

How long has things been this way? There was a time when the UK boys used to gather together any xayraans who happened to have a passport and send them over to that Canada tournament to return back with the trophies. I’ve given up on the number of times it’s been won.

I’ve lost touch with the football side of life too these days. Does this thread mean our boys have not been winning those tournaments and allowed the North Americans to start having delusions of grandeur?

Bang. Out. Of. Order.

N.O.R.F   

Bang out of order indeed but hes looking for American 'soccer' players not footballers.

We won the tourny in Canada in 2004 and another team from London won it this year. I think the semis consisted of 4 teams from the UK :D

My footy days are coming to an end, keep picking up injuries from just walking :rolleyes: . I think i've broken a metatarsal in my right foot, its painful and it got worse when Owen scored the winner against the Argies last week :rolleyes:

Well said Ngonge and Northener, the North Americans better stick to "American Football" because I dont think they know how to play real football (except for this team from Atlanta damn they are good), I went to Toronto this summer with the UK boys and guess what we had 4 teams in the Querter finals, 3 in the semmis and the finals who else...

Somali Stars V Sahan both from London, and boy it was the best game I have ever seen and I mean ever.

The only missing game was Atlanta V Sahan now that would have deserved to be televised Live on every tv in the world.

The best player in North America? I would say someone from the Atlanta team (sorry dont know their names).