Sign in to follow this  
xiinfaniin

AU Road Map for Peace in Somalia

Emperor   

^War maxaa idhaafay, I see many have seen the light at the end of the tunnel, not only the opposition have accept to negotiate without any pre-conditions but that you of all people have to state: Yey's time is not yet over, he's here to stay... wonders occur...

Paragon   

^^Well, much more older and reasonable men (of the ARS) than me, have made the decision to give possibility of negotiation a chance, and who am I to condemn them for that? I am sure these men know what they are doing.

On Yey's time running out, do you think he'll simply give over to another leader like Aden Cade when his time is up? I doubt that would happen. I am banking on him being forced off the seat. That's what I mean by his time running out peacefully.

Toure , given what this entity did and how blatantly it complicated the security of Somalis and the possibility of peace between them by allowing (or subjected itself to be the means of) Ethiopian troops to enter our major cities, it’s very difficult for many to engage them in a good faith. For the informed, however, and for those who understand the dimensions of Somali conflict, today is not the day for settling scores or retribution. The goal is not to end the presence of Ethiopian troops for Ethiopia may not want to withdraw. The goal is, or it should be any way, to end, or reasonably minimize, the justification of such presence! The real agenda of Islamic Courts was to begin the end of a political attitude that prevailed in Somalia so long! Though they were defeated militarily, their ideas are far from defeat. Reasonable people can, and will, disagree on the tactics and the means of achieving peaceful Somalia. But one thing should be clear for all of us; there are no good options in addressing the current stalemate given today’s world-order and the forces at play. Ethiopia is just a lucky foe taking advantage of an opportunity that partially presented itself to her…we need to have a vision…

Preconditions give good impression but the reality of Somali conflict requires painful concessions…

Pray for this to succeed.

Thierry.   

Emperor good to have you back old friend the place was getting a bit boring (not enough creative arguments in defence of the TFG) I hope all is well and my condolences Brother.

As for Yey being President and finishing his term no one disputed this as the man was elected irrespective of how dubious the election procedure was. It has always and will always be his policies.

Isseh I very much doubt he will be back after this term the man has formed too many enemies even within his own camp. The Western Donors prefer to deal with the PM and Ethiopians are still upset their adopted son Geedi got the boot. He is no Siyaad, Idi Amin, or Mugabe for that matter as they had grass root support or strong military and Yey has neither.

Xiin we are on the same boat chief and so are many of the moderates within the ICU

Emperor   

^Im doing well, thank you Saaxib. I too, enjoy and value your contribution yaa Thiery, it's the likes of your inteligent depates that keep this site lively and running in high gears...

As for the road map for peace in Somalia, I say no harm in compromise, sadly it has been missing from the Somali dictionary for years... Compromise, Compromise and more painful concesions, no one will lose out in peace...

PS: A joke: I see you came from the attacking position to the centre half, former Theiry and now Toure :D

Emperor   

^Thank you JB

PS: Rumour says: JB has taken over the site abd claims short living 'vicotry' like SL does in L.A :D

Baashi   

Sh. Shariif and company are realistic idealists. Chicken Hawk game is indeed a dangerous game. No sane person wants to play that sort of a game. No one wins. It is good to know that both sides are for swerving the car to the curb in order to avoid head on collision. Awoowe caqligu waa inuu shaqeeyaa.

N.O.R.F   

So what I have been saying is the only way forward (the need to agree on an Ethio withdrawal in principal)seems to be formalising :cool:

Fabregas   

Originally posted by Northerner:

So what I have been saying is the only way forward (the need to agree on an Ethio withdrawal in principal)seems to be formalising :cool:

Ethiopians probably look set to stay till the end of 2008 and perhaps even till the elections scheduled for 2009. So while Nur Cade and Sheikh Shariff appear to be smiling for the cameras: the Islamists militias in Somalia grow more bolder and the concerned American adminstration/Ethiopians looks set to engage them further militarily, economically and politically.