Sign in to follow this  
king_450

Looking For these Articles

king_450   

Well considering our history I tried to locate these Articles and the only place that i found is New York times ,However they want me to buy if you know any other way i can get these Articles plz Help. Thank you in advance

Here they are.

1-East African Premier; Abdirashid Ali Shermarke

November 28, 1962, Wednesday

Page 11, 617 words

'a recent meeting with the director of the Peace Corps, Sargeant Shriver, the Premier of Somalia, Abdirashid Ali Shermarke, described his individualistic people as "the Irish of Africa."

2-POLICEMAN SLAYS SOMALI PRESIDENT; Assassin Seized After Shot Kills Shermarke Instantly -- Curfew in Mogadiscio President of Somalia Is Slain; Policeman Seized as Assassin

October 16, 1969, Thursday

Page 1, 577 words

MOGADISCIO, Somalia, Oct. 15 -- President Abdirashid Ali Shermarke of Somalia was assassinated today by a member of the police force, an official announcement said here. [ END

3-Somalia's Premier Receives Formal New York Welcome

November 30, 1962, Friday

Page 14, 95 words

Premier Abdirashid Ali Shermarke of the Somali Republic received the key to New York City last night from Mayor Wagner

and last but not the least.

4-Band and 19-Gun Salute Greet Somali Premier at White House

By DAVID BINDER Special to The New York Times

November 28, 1962, Wednesday

Page 10, 467 words

WASHINGTON, Nov. 27 The Premier of the Somali Republic, Dr. Abdirashid Ali Shermarke, met with President Kennedy today for several hours. The occasion marked this country's growing interest in East Africa.

2-POLICEMAN SLAYS SOMALI PRESIDENT; Assassin Seized After Shot Kills Shermarke Instantly -- Curfew in Mogadiscio President of Somalia Is Slain; Policeman Seized as Assassin

This guy indirectly and probably single-handedly changed the Soomaali history forever. If he only knew that one gun trigger he fired would change the fate of millions of his fellow countrymen present and in the future, I think he would have second thoughts. He is our own version of Gavrilo Princip, whose shot killed the Austro-Hungarian prince in 1914.

Does anyone even know his name? We only know he was sentenced to death and was shot a few days after Kacaanka.