Sign in to follow this  
Ms DD

Our Ummah can’t survive unless we love each other

Ms DD   

Our Ummah can’t survive unless we love each other

Allah has promised us that He will change the condition of our Ummah if we change ourselves. It’s a Divine Rule. But have you ever thought about how we will react towards each other after Allah grants us this promised victory? For example, I'm afraid that one day, after Allah grants us victory, we will hate some of our Muslims brothers and sisters. I'm afraid that in the future, Iraqi and Kuwaiti Muslims won't feel easy about each other. In their subconscious, Iraqi’s will think that Kuwaiti’s were behind all what happened and there will be an emotional barrier between them. Not so far back, we used to feel bad towards our Palestinian brothers and sisters, we used to think that they deserve what was going on to them because they sold their lands to the Israelis in the first place, they let them in. Time passed and we realized that this was a wicked lie and big illusion, it turned out that we were just saying that to feel that we have no responsibility towards them. We saw them on the TV sacrificing their own lives for their land. We saw families being driven out of their homes before it was demolished. We saw children and youth driving the Israeli army crazy with their stones. A Palestinian family today is ashamed if their household is without martyrs. Our enemies tried to sow hate in our hearts between us so that we wouldn't care about them.

We can't allow hate towards one another find its way into our hearts. We have to maintain our brotherhood and purify our hearts from hate towards each another.

Do you know that Brotherhood is deeply embedded in our religion? It’s a fundamental concept in Islam. Allah says, "The Believers are but one Brotherhood" (49:10). Let me demonstrate to you how essential Brotherhood is to Muslims, and I won't start from Prophet Muhammad's time, no, I'll go back much before that. Lets start with Prophet Moses (pbuh). When Allah told him that he must go to the Pharaoh of Egypt and convey to him the message of Allah, what did Moses ask? Allah tells us that he asked, "And give me a Minister from my family, Aaron, my brother; Add to my strength through him, And make him share my task: So that we may glorify you much and remember you much, Surely, You are seeing us." (20:29-35). Moses asked Allah to let Aaron be with him because his brother was so important to him and Moses knew that as a team they would be more successful and would help each other be better servants to Allah. Can you sense the love between both of them from the verses? Then Allah replied, "You are indeed granted your request, O Moses" (20:36).

The two brothers demonstrate to us the importance of brotherhood and unity once again when Moses went to meet Allah and left Aaron in charge of the Children of Israel. When the Jews started to worship a golden cow Aaron tried to guide them back to The Straight Path and some people responded but most of them refused. Aaron noticed that this was causing a split in the community between the true Believers and those who deviated. Aaron feared that this would lead to breaking the union between the Children of Israel, so he preferred to be patient and leave them as they were until Moses came back. When Moses returned and was devastated to see his people worshiping a golden cow he blamed Aaron for not being responsible enough. Allah says, "(Aaron) replied: ‘O son of my mother! Seize (me) not by my beard nor by (the hair of) my head! Truly I feared that you would say, You have caused a division among the children of Israel, and you did not respect my word!’" (20:94). This is how unity and maintaining brotherhood was important to Prophet Aaron.

Our beloved Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) taught us how essential brotherhood is for Muslims and for Islam to flourish. In the midst of oppression and persecution in Mecca, Prophet Muhammad started to preach Islam to other tribes and cities hoping that he could find a place that is more secure than Mecca to move to. He never thought of going to Yethreb though (Medina afterwards) because there was an ongoing war between two tribes there, Aws and Khazraj. Do you know why there was a war? Let me tell you. The Jews moved to Yethreb because their sacred scripts told them that the last Prophet will appear soon and he will migrate to this city, so they decided to move and settle there to wait for his appearance. Seeing that there are two big tribes in Yethreb they feared that they would drive them out, so they decided to keep them busy fighting one another. Also another reason to start a war between Aws and Khazraj was to profit from selling weapons to them. So the Jews divided themselves into two groups, each group allied with one tribe, either Aws or Khazraj. Part of the alliance agreement was that if a Jew allied with Aws is killed then the whole tribe must participate in punishing the attacking tribe. So the Jews would plot fake clashes between themselves where a Jew allied with Aws would "kill" a Jew allied with Khazraj thereby sparking a war between the two tribes. So the tribal war in Medina was at its peak and the Jews were fueling it more and more, and therefore Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) never even considered it as a place to immigrate to. Then one day Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) met 6 youth from the Khazraj tribe in Mecca and they all accepted Islam and went back to Yethreb. The next year they were 12 Muslims, 9 from Khazraj and 3 from Aws. When Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) saw that, he became very happy because he felt that Islam was bringing back the brotherhood between these two tribes. Another year passed and Prophet Muhammad migrated to Yethreb and announced the ending of the ongoing war between Aws and Khazraj, and the relationship between them became one of brotherhood and mutual respect and love. The Jews failed ever since to restart any war between them, the brotherhood was far too strong, it was strengthened by a flow of revelations encouraging brotherhood...

"And hold fast, all together, by the rope which Allah (stretches out for you), and be not divided among yourselves; and remember with gratitude Allah's favor on you; for you were enemies and He joined your hearts in love, so that by His Grace, you became brethren; and you were on the brink of the pit of Fire, and He saved you from it. Thus does Allah make His Signs clear to you: That you may be guided." (3:103).

"The Believers are but a single Brotherhood: So make peace and reconciliation between your two (contending) brothers; and fear Allah, that you may receive Mercy." (49:10).

“And those who came after them say: "Our Lord! Forgive us, and our brethren who came before us into the Faith, and leave not, in our hearts, rancor (or sense of hate) against those who have believed. Our Lord! You are indeed Full of Kindness, Most Merciful." (59:10).

The Messenger of Allah (pbuh) said, "On the Day of Resurrection, Allah, the Exalted, will say: `Where are those who have mutual love for the sake of My Glory? Today I shall shelter them in My Shade when there will be no shade except Mine.’" Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) also said, "Allah, the Exalted, has said: `For those who love one another for the sake of My Glory, there will be seats of light (on the Day of Resurrection), and they will be envied by the Prophets and martyrs.’”

One day Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) was sitting with one of his companions and a man was passing by. The companion said to Prophet Muhammad (pbuh), "Do you know, I love this man for the sake of Allah", so the Messenger of Allah asked, "Did you tell him?" and the companion replied "No". Prophet Muhammad said, "Go quickly and tell him! When a man loves his brother (for Allah's sake) let him tell him that he loves him". This is how fundamental brotherhood is in Islam.

In the Battle of Uhud 70 Muslims were killed. After the battle was over and the Muslims were burying the dead, Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) suddenly halted the process asking loudly while searching between the dead bodies, "Where is Amr ibn Al-Jamooh and Abdullah ibn Haram??!" When the companions asked why, he replied, "Burry them together! They loved each other in this world for the sake of Allah, let them be buried together!” Can you believe that? But this doesn't mean that as brothers, nothing goes wrong between us, we are after all human. Here's an example....

One day Abu Zar (rAa) had an argument with Bilal (rAa) and called him "Son of a Black Woman". Bilal became so sad he went and complained to the Prophet (pbuh). Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) went to Abu Zar and angrily asked, "Did you say that?! You are a man who has ignorance in him." Abu Zar (rAa) deeply regretted what he did. He put his cheek on the ground and asked Bilal to step on his face saying "I swear by Allah that you step on my face so that Allah may forgive me", but Bilal didn't and he forgave him, and when Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) died, he was pleased with them both. Brotherhood dear brothers and sisters, we might have our difference, we might argue, but we will always be one family.

Lets revive the sense of brotherhood in our Ummah. It’s a shield that protects our unity and grants us Allah's mercy. Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) told us that on the day of Judgment, two men would stand in front of Allah and one of them would say "O Allah, this man took something from me against my will!!" So Allah would tell the other man to give the first man's property back, but he doesn't speak, he remains silent. So the first one says, "O Allah, then let me take from his good deeds!" When Allah tells the second man to give the first one from his good deeds (hasanat), he looks up with despair and cries, "O Lord, I no longer have any good deeds." So the first one (persistently) demands "O Allah, then take from my sins and dump it onto him!!" Then Allah asks him, "How about something better than that? Raise your head." So the first man raises his head and sees a spectacular Palace and says "Wooow!! Who’s Palace is that?? A Prophet?? A Martyr??" Allah replies, "To whomever has the price." The man asks "And who could possibly have the price of such a Palace??" Allah replies "You." "Me??!!" the man asks with surprise. Allah explains to him saying "Yes you, by forgiving your brother, you will have the price." So the man says, "I forgive him O Lord!! I forgive him!!" and Allah tells him, "Take your brother's hand and enter Paradise together!"

Lets forgive each other dear brothers and sisters, lets strengthen our bonds, and lets revive our brotherhood. Lets remove any hatred towards each other from our hearts. We need that to change our condition, and if we change our condition, Allah will certainly change the condition of our Ummah.

amrkhaled.net

Blessed   

I love Amr Khaled; he's a very inspirational speaker. I've to agree there are too many people who are working to turn Muslims against each other (some sadly happen to be misguided Muslims) and because we lack the knowledge and imaan we take the bait. We will never succeed until we learn to work together not against each other.

I can't help but feel wistful when I read about the early Mulism, particularly the walaaltinimo of the ansar and muhaajirs. It was out of this world.

" Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) also said, "Allah, the Exalted, has said: `For those who love one another for the sake of My Glory, there will be seats of light (on the Day of Resurrection), and they will be envied by the Prophets and martyrs.’”

Wow! Subhan Allah,that's enough of an incentive for me. smile.gif

Originally posted by femme_fatale:

Tnx sis. we truly need to b united if we r to win our wars.

You smart you got that, indeed!

Loving each other before the enemy is a good strategy for winning the war against Gaalo.

P.S., are you the femme Fatale that I used to hate in this forum? May be not, because that lady was full of secularisms! Welcome walaashiis with the Koob Shaah I always offer to the guests! smile.gif

Not only is this Brotherhood based on faith, it is also a part of that faith. The Prophet (PBOH) said "You cannot enter paradise unless you become a total believer and you won’t become a total believer unless you love each other."

Obviously,It is a force for good, a source of peace and justice for everyone. It provides stability in a quarrelsome world. To the downtrodden and oppressed everywhere in the past, it provided freedom. When it was powerful, it didn't only save us but even saved the Jews and Christians in Palestine and Spain from each other.

So much for the past,What about the present,dats what we need to practise now,somtimes some of us act like if we reallii don't belong to it.